What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recruitment and Retention

Munky

Coach
What the hell is up with this?

It looks like we are going to lose Clinton, Wallace, Aiton and perhaps even Waterhouse if the scuttlebutt is true.

We may replace them with nuffies like Woolnough. Why are we going to lose these guys when useless hacks like Smith and Worth are playing first grade.

Panthers management needs a kick up the arse.

PEPPSY

Juniors
I dont want Woolnough. Why go after players like that? We dont need him, he is useless.

Prop Adam Woolnough is unwanted and heading to Penrith at the end of the season while Josh Perry is in a similar boat and likely to join Manly. A host of other players are also on the outer.

This better be just bullsh*t.

Munky

Coach
I could take the losses of Ross, Roberts, Galavaou and co because what we were keeping were better players.

However I can't stand the thought of Worth over Clinton or Smith over anybody.

Kilkenny

Coach
I would love to know whether the Panthers were in any way interested in Newton.

Did our management / coaching staff discuss his availability

Did they consider making Newton an offer?

Did we actually make Newton an offer?

Did management / coaching staff discuss him but decide he was not what we are after?

DID WE ACTUALLY KNOW HE WAS AVAILABLE?

It would be interesting to know the answers to these questions; because we appear to be so inactive in recruiting quality players and at the same time in most intances when we are linked to a player more often that no the rumours are just crap.

The fact Clint Newton has been signed by the Storm only adds insult to injury.

I've said it before and it's worth repeating the salary cap is a farce and has absolutely no credibility.

The NRL will continue to turn a blind eye to the rorting of the salary cap by the likes of the Melbourne Storm for obvious reasons.

Panther

Juniors
I've heard the Dogs are after Aiton and we know about Wallace and the Broncos but where is the evidence Penrith is prepared to let the House go?

griffo346

First Grade
this will be a farce if we let reg first graders go to give pl players a chance we are sure of back to back wooden spoons next yr if we recive it this yr

choc_soldier

Coach
Don't worry, we'll be right.

We've got our eye on a few Queensland Cup players who will more than compensate for these losses. And surely we're looking at NL2 in England as well.

mxlegend99

Referee
Woolnough is a solid signing. Our first in some time.

Hopefully we retain Clinton and Wallace along with this signing. If we lose Wallace, i'd target Travis Burns. Apparently he wants a starting 5/8 spot and is leaving Manly. They're crazy letting Lyon start at 5/8 ahead of Burns.

Also, he has some mongrel in him, which we lack. Especially if Clinton leaves.

mxlegend99 said:
Woolnough is a solid signing. Our first in some time.

Hopefully we retain Clinton and Wallace along with this signing. If we lose Wallace, i'd target Travis Burns. Apparently he wants a starting 5/8 spot and is leaving Manly. They're crazy letting Lyon start at 5/8 ahead of Burns.

Also, he has some mongrel in him, which we lack. Especially if Clinton leaves.

good point , travis burns would be excellent , id go as far too say id rather him there than wallace.

Kilkenny

Coach
At least we no longer have to worry about which of our current backs will have to miss out to fit Brent Tate into our backline. One less dilemma.

mxlegend99

Referee
If we signed Brent Tate, i'd have him as the back who misses out :p

I love our 1 to 5. Even after injuries, we still have Geoff Daniella, Nick Youngquest and Bob Blair who can do a good job. Halves and Front Row are most definitely our weakest positions.

Woolnough makes our front row look a bit better. I'd still love to sign Brett White though :D

murraymob

Coach
Waterhouse is under contract for next year and our best player. I can not see any way he will get release.As for wallace i hear we will know by next week.Club does want to keep him but i am hearing he is asking large price. As for clinton the rumours seem to clash one has him already agreeing to terms at tigers another at broncos

Latest posts