What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recruitment for 2012

devoid

Juniors
I don't think I've ever seen a tip from MMReece turn out to be incorrect. Likiliki > Vulcans 2012? Lock it in, please Eddie...

ozbash

Referee
Friend over Heremaia anyday.

Heremaia will be in England, Friend will probably still be on crutches. Great buying..

That's 10 of this week's 17.

lol, onya Izz, school wasnt wasted on you, was it ?

The great aussie clean out is underway.

Izz

Bench
Heremaia will be in England, Friend will probably still be on crutches. Great buying..

lol, onya Izz, school wasnt wasted on you, was it ?

The great aussie clean out is underway.
i have the dubious distinction of sitting School C Maths twice, and passing it each time.

ozbash

Referee
Crutches for a shoulder problem...???

figurativly speaking juju :D

i have the dubious distinction of sitting School C Maths twice, and passing it each time.

thats obvious. 10/17 isnt bad, but its going to get a lot better. :cool:

We should get rid of Ropati then because he has missed the majority of the season injured?

Jro is a lot younger than grandad Friend, is a much better example of a guy who can offer a club value for money.

Berrigan - lol

good try Feddie...

Izz

Bench
if it's true that Moon isn't travelling with the team, that'll mean more than 3/4 of this week's 17 are eligible to play for the Kiwis.

Our roster this season shows about that same ratio. 75% of the squad are eligible for the Kiwis. Of the remaining 9, Mateo and Ta'ai play for Tonga, which leaves 7 eligible for the Roos. And yes, there'll be even less than that next year, but that has little to do with Bluey being appointed coach. It's just the natural progession of where we've been heading for the last few years anyway.

oz, when your prejudice shows i get sad. :(

;-)

Last edited:

ozbash

Referee
Its not prejudice as such,I got a lot of Aussie mates and find most of them no different from us, but I think a NZ based NRL side should be made up of predominantly NZ players (who, imo are just as good, if not better than the Moons, Kemps,Berrigans and Seymours).

Up till now, the Warriors/NRL have done sfa for NZ league .

What I am quite excited about is the impact Blueys team selections will have on the future Kiwi teams.

No more ring-ins settling for "2nd best", we will have a team of Kiwis winning Tri/4 Nations and future World Cups.

Been waiting a long time for this...

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Friend over Heremaia anyday. If you think otherwise, you must be :crazy:.

Hooker is a spot which is so crucial to a side, Heremaia is solid, but friend is certainly a big step up. When we have the cash, we would be silly not to upgrade in a position where we lack a bit. I cant wait to see a spine of

1. Locke

6. Maloney
7. Johnson

9. Friend

All can win games by themselves, in their own ways. If our forwards keep dominating, we could see something pretty special next season IMO.

Well we will see.
Friend cant win games by himself what a load crap.

Heremaia is firing atm - watch when he runs a little from dummy halve he creates the space for maloney imo.
Should have signed for a club like canberra.

He is a crafty player at best.
But coming from some serious injuries so could backfire big time.

The big call is who covers for friend off the bench or squad cover.

Warriors have shown they dont have much faith in Mara.
He should really be getting game time at hooker now not godient.

Godinet is a half not a hooker. Dont think he has longterm future at hooker.

Last edited:

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Well we will see.

Miss last years round 1 game against us? Friend won that on his own. Backed up a few weeks later to inspire the Coast to a come from behind win over Manly.

He wouldn't be the go to guy if you needed that match winning try at the end, but with Johnson, Mateo, Locke in the team he doesn't need to be. Can definately make teams pay big time if they ignore him though.

The big question, as you mentioned, is how he comes back from injury. Before this season he was injury free, so it will be interesting to see how he plays when he returns.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
good.

a lot of people seem to think that unless someone has "made in Australia" stamped on their arse, they cant play rugby league.

Friend is a total waste of cap - almost as big a waste as Seymour, but not quite.

Get used to seeing young kiwi juniors playing for the Warriors, starting next year...

A lot of people who are called ozbash think unless you can spell whanau and name the last 10 NZ prime ministers that you're a waste of cap.

Out of interest, can you name me an all time Warriors XVII? I just want to see if anyone who even dared to step foot across the ditch outside NRL duties gets a run.

And who that is leaving this year would you want to keep? I don't see one soul leaving that I am unhappy about. Actually one , but Joel and I will never tell why.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
figurativly speaking juju :D

thats obvious. 10/17 isnt bad, but its going to get a lot better. :cool:

Jro is a lot younger than grandad Friend, is a much better example of a guy who can offer a club value for money.

Berrigan - lol

good try Feddie...

You're actually a stupid merkin who's opinion holds no weight with anyone on here.

Rich102

Staff member
Well we will see.

Heremaia is firing atm - watch when he runs a little from dummy halve he creates the space for maloney imo.
Should have signed for a club like canberra.

The big call is who covers for friend off the bench or squad cover.

Warriors have shown they dont have much faith in Mara.
He should really be getting game time at hooker now not godient.

Godinet is a half not a hooker. Dont think he has longterm future at hooker.

That's exactly why Godinet it there I think. To cover for injury or spell Johnson if necessary in his early days.

devoid

Juniors
Actually one , but Joel and I will never tell why.

:lol:

Oz, you made a comment that I didn't really understand, so: genuine question - how is rugby league in NZ (grass-roots, schools) the Warriors' responsibility? I thought that fell at the NZRL's boots. By providing pathways and developing kids (as well as the community work they do), surely they pull their weight, right?

Karl Pryce is a player i like the look of. Apparently, he is on loan with Harlequins in the Super League. He is worth looking at, in my opinion. Standing at 198cm tall and weighing in at 120kg, he can play wing, centre, five-eighth and second row. He was a try scoring machine when he was at Bradford.

playdaball

Bench
Karl Pryce is a player i like the look of. Apparently, he is on loan with Harlequins in the Super League. He is worth looking at, in my opinion. Standing at 198cm tall and weighing in at 120kg, he can play wing, centre, five-eighth and second row. He was a try scoring machine when he was at Bradford.

Dodgy off field - would he be allowed to leave UK?

hitman82

Bench
...so yeah, still pretty dodgy on the backs.

Manu always broken.
Ropati always broken.

Brown and Mannering inadequate as fulltime centres.

Berrigan and Moon leaving...

Inu.
Tupou.
Ivan Penehe?

Yeah surely we must be planning to sign someone or three...