What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red Dead Redemption - Grand Theft Western... Oh My!!!

Slackboy72

Coach
Picked this up yesterday. Couldn't ignore the rave reviews. I can see why people are so enamoured with this. R* really are in a league of their own when it comes to original IP (unlike Nintendo who think that sticking a 15 year old Zelda game on a handheld is somehow 'new').

BLKOUT!

Juniors
Finished this today. Ending was crazy. Feel like I wish there were more missions to do though.

Danish

Referee
Just finished this game tonight (including the secret-ish mission from the stranger in Blackwater)....

Incredible game. Cant wait till RDR 2 comes out (as I am sure it will)

meltiger

First Grade
I'm loving this one. Not a huge GTA fan but the Old West has me hooked :)

Went after the "survive 10 minutes and escape as a public enemy" achievement last night, suprisingly hard when humans are also coming after you lol

McLovin

Staff member
Autoaim + the entire police force + great plains = awesomeness...

My bounty was through the roof...

meltiger

First Grade
^ hehe

Someone told me last night there is a journal challenge to get your bounty up to $5k in multiplayer. As soon as I see that available I'm going after it.

Though my fav spot was not open plains - I was in some mexican town last night, and up in a tower. The tower was fully covered and you couldn't get up there bar climbing a ladder. Out in the street, there was only two ways into the town, both ended up in the same street, right within eyesight of the tower. The mexican authorities were getting smashed as they stupidly rushed around the corner :D

Danish

Referee
Climbing onto the roof in Blackwater is also a top place for a massacre.

I got my bounty up to a couple grand, then just ducked down and hid from site till my wanted level went away and took a trip to the train station with a pardon letter :D

I also found it quite funny after checking my statistics for the first time last night that the absolute only criminal acts I have commited in 26 hours of playing are murder. No theft, no assault, no vandalism.... just murder, and plenty of it.

McLovin

Staff member
*spoilers i guess*

Played about 15-20 hours...Only criminal act i have on my saved game is the one where have to steal a horse from the cops to create a distraction while your friend frees a criminal. Thought it was weird that it was recorded as horse theft even though it's part of a mission. That's the only blemish on an otherwise clean record...

Stonecutter

First Grade
I got the game yesterday...extremely good. I've only had 1 cougar encounter so far. I saw him flash straight past me but i didn't see where he went. As I continued shooting some wolves while keeping an eye out I saw him coming at me and shot just before he pounced. No bear encounters yet. I've been to the american appetite little thing on the map so I guess it's only a matter of time.

Thomas

First Grade
^ hehe

Someone told me last night there is a journal challenge to get your bounty up to $5k in multiplayer. As soon as I see that available I'm going after it.

Though my fav spot was not open plains - I was in some mexican town last night, and up in a tower. The tower was fully covered and you couldn't get up there bar climbing a ladder. Out in the street, there was only two ways into the town, both ended up in the same street, right within eyesight of the tower. The mexican authorities were getting smashed as they stupidly rushed around the corner :D

That town is Chuparosa and the multi-level tower is fun...except you tend to run out of ammo.

The best place I have found for massacres is the fort at El Presido. Go there in Free Roam with 4 guys and you can hold off the lawmen and mexican army for a while. There are a bunch of cannons and a couple of gatling guns. I got my $5000 bounty in mere minutes. After a while the front of the fort looks like the killing fields in WW1. Bodies everywhere.

Thomas

First Grade
It's right near the river down in Mexico. I think it is the mission where you rescue Reyes, I can't remember. There's a front and back gate and several towers on which cannons are situated. There is a gatling gun right at the front gate which makes it possible to mow down anyone approaching the fort from the road. Be wary of sneaky mexicans approaching from the side. My mates jump on the cannon and gatling and I roam around shooting the sneaky ones...pausing to run out into the carnage to pick up ammo and such.

It is amusing to see 7 lawmen come riding into town only to be blown apart by a cannon.

McLovin

Staff member
No way...You're only given 6 rounds iirc...

FFS, give me control of him and i kill them all tbh. The way you take control of your son at the end reminded me of the Mafia ending. Coming back 20 years later and finishing the job...

Last edited:

BLKOUT!

Juniors
Didn't realize your spoilers would contain spoilers for a completely different game :lol:

f**k shouldnt have read that

ahwell ill forget. have done before.

spoiler story. this contains a spoiler.

i read a spoiler on here regarding chris moltisanti's death in the sopranos. at the time i was like "whoa what the f**k not chris!"

3 months later im watching on TV late night. scene happens. i didnt see it coming even though i knew it had happened. it was like i had never read anything.

Cupid Stunt

Spoiler!!!

This is generally the way that a spoiler should be typed. Means that people can't "accidentally" see the main points that are being warned. Only takes a click on the spoiler tag thingy when you leave a reply. (Last icon above the window you type in, looks like a piece of paper with a red cross on it.) Hope this helps! :D

user_nat

Coach
Also in the wow at ending group. Finished on the weekend. Pretty cool.

Game was sorta slow with some boring missions towards the end though.

McLovin

Staff member
Did anyone else suck ass at the duels?? Took me about 5 goes each time...

I could place about 6 shots on the target but never get the first bullet out...

Latest posts