What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red Dead Redemption - Grand Theft Western... Oh My!!!

McLovin

Staff member
Played about an hour or two. Awesome game. Visually, very impressive. The only thing i can see wearing my patience thin would be the horse fatigue and mechanics. Also, the fact that sometimes i can't tell between good and bad people when i'm in a shootout and thus causes my character to cop some bad karma (or whatever it is).

its an impressive game

i love the way it looks and feels. the music in the background is great. the environment looks real. its a very impressive game.

killing folks is a little bit easy. but im pretty experienced in video game killing so..you know whatever. its not bad but the added Dead eye feature whilst cool is really easy.

im yet to be shot killed by anyone.

death by cougar/grizzly bear/wild boar however is a different story. twice ive been pounced on riding through the forrest from a tree or a rock and knocked off my horse by a f**king cougar.

im also a good guy in the game. in GTA..you just blast people to sh*t and its fun but theres something about being the good guy in this game that is rewarding. no you cant knife the poor lady outside the saloon. ill shoot you in the face!

Cupid Stunt

Played about an hour or two. Awesome game. Visually, very impressive. The only thing i can see wearing my patience thin would be the horse fatigue and mechanics. Also, the fact that sometimes i can't tell between good and bad people when i'm in a shootout and thus causes my character to cop some bad karma (or whatever it is).

Buy the deed to a better horse so it's always on call OR slow down your button mash. The stamina refills pretty quick on all the horses so just find a rhythm. Buying an American, Hungarian or Kentucky will pay for itself quickly if you have only just begun. Also if travel is annoying you you may be interested in chasing Treasure Hunter rank 5 asap... ;-)

Thomas

First Grade
Online is just plain fun.

Free roam is epic and the matches are terrific fun. There are some serious good shooters out there.

McLovin

Staff member
Is there a way of figuring out horse breeds without having to go to a shop?? I've managed to rope in a horse out in the bush or some sh*t and it said i've unlocked new items at the shop...

sydraider

First Grade
Online is just plain fun.

Free roam is epic and the matches are terrific fun. There are some serious good shooters out there.

I have had a lot of trouble getting into matches.

No probs with free roam but I can never get into any free for all or gang matches, pisses me off.

Thomas

First Grade
I have had a lot of trouble getting into matches.

No probs with free roam but I can never get into any free for all or gang matches, pisses me off.

I can't say I have had any problems. I haven't played a whole lot of gang matches though.

Did you guys download the co-op pack? Its free. I had epic fun last night with 3 mates...taking on loads of mexicans and rescuing hostages and such. So much fun.

After I completed the first mission with a mate I got the trophy "2 Guys, 1 co-op". I laughed hard.

Thomas

First Grade
Yeah. Free and only 15mb to download.

Matches include:

Rescue a whiny lady from nasty men. The drive the stagecoach to safety
Herd 20 cows through a canyon while holding off rustlers
Sail down the river stopping at various locations in order to belt the sh*t out of some mexicans
Take over a fort and repel the Mexican army. They fire cannons into the fort which hurt.
Steal some gold from a mine and escape the mine and the nasty men

And a few more.

Being co-op, you can revive your team mates if they die. You also choose a class of fighter before starting:

Miner: equipped with shotgun and dynamite
Soldier: equipped with pistol, knife and Winchester
Gunslinger: equipped with revolver and repeater
Marksman: equipped with sniper rifle and pistol

Made for a lot of laughs last night.

McLovin

Staff member
f**k i hated the 'herding' missions...

I gave online a quick go last night. Wasn't too bad. Just tried the one where you had to collect gold around the map and take it to the drop off point. I was killed with the gold in hand at least 10 times with the drop off point in sight...

Thomas

First Grade
f**k i hated the 'herding' missions...

I gave online a quick go last night. Wasn't too bad. Just tried the one where you had to collect gold around the map and take it to the drop off point. I was killed with the gold in hand at least 10 times with the drop off point in sight...

Yeah, the bag matches can be hard.

The gang hideouts ones are great. Think Team deathmatch but you have to storm a fort etc.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Finally got it last week - My attempt at ignoring it until Uni exams had finished actually proved successful.

Oh my god, wow.

I'm only about six hours into it but I can already see my holidays flying.

Stupid question : When tying up dudes and putting them on railway tracks, do you have to purposely time it (with the train logo on the map)? Or just wait until a train randomly shows?

McLovin

Staff member
There's only one train i think. Press start and then map. You can see where it currently is. Don't think there are any 'random' trains...

Thomas

First Grade
Yeah, there's just one train and you have to time it. I looked on the map and saw the train a short distance away so I found the nearest whore and tied her up.

No one seemed to complain. I didn't even lose any honour for it.

Last night I had a bear plague up in Tall Trees. Bears everywhere. Dozens of them. I spent about 20 minute skinning.

Also the herd of Buffalo is actually a finite resource in thye game. When you kill them all they don't respawn. I am now regretting my drunking buffalo rifle frenzy.

:(

Thomas

First Grade
There was a glitch last night which made people rank up super quick. Basically you'd walk into a gang hideout and you'd immediately get "hideout cleared" and get a bunch of XP.

Dudes were going from level 20 to prestige.

simmo1

First Grade
Pretty sure there are two trains. One will be blue on the map, the other red. Not sure if their paths are different though or if they follow the same loop.

Thomas

First Grade
The trains actually cross the river into Mexico. I did the "shoot some birds from a moving train" challenge and boarded the train in Armadillo and ended up in Chuparosa.

I played some online last night and entered a free roam game with a guy who was awesome at sniping. Dude was nailing me from everywhere. When I finally snuck up on him I sighted him with my sniper rifle but before I could shoot his face off he was mauled to death by a cougar!

Awesome game

McLovin

Staff member
lol at the sex scene. I love how John just walks in with little regard to privacy...

Latest posts