What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red V Podcast

dannyt

Coach

On this week's podcast we review the 2 point loss to Canberra that condemned the Dragons to their 3rd straight defeat. Is there respite in sight?

Have the Dragons mismanaged the way they are developing Tyrell Sloan? Or has Anthony Griffin got it right?

Why are the young players being continuously overlooked? What do they need to do more of? Can Hook see something we can't?

Plus latest news (NRLW list, Trent Barrett latest), fans corner
I'll give my answers in order:
No
Yes
No
Hook is an idiot
Actively get rid of Hook
No

Last edited:

jackyboi90

Juniors

In a game where the young kids shone, there is a different outlook in our match review this week. Sullivan's class at dummy half, the advancement of Junior Amone and the off-the-cuff style of footy we enjoyed.
We take a look at the news surrounding Ben Hunt's future and the Dragons last ditch bid to lure Cameron Ciraldo to the club.
Chat with Dragons Jersey Flegg Captain and Hooker Sam Hooper about the must win match against the Tigers, the win last week, playing NSW Cup and what it is like leading the team.

Plus preview Sunday's game against the Wests Tigers, lower grade wrap up, NRLW latest, News and alerts and fans corner questions.

jackyboi90

Juniors

Why did the win against the Wests Tigers feel like a loss?
Hear all about it on this week’s red v podcast. A full recap of the game, a focus on Zac Lomax, ill-discipline and why there has been zero improvement during 2022.

A preview of the final game of the season (do the dragons squad have trepidations of playing at Kogarah?)
A frank talk about the lack of identity on and off the field that has stretched for far too long.
Plus the who am I trivia, latest Dragons news (team list, Hunt contract saga), fans corner questions and heaps more!

Crush

Coach
Love the podcast as always.
Just one thing, in this weeks pod Jack said if Hook has a slow start like 3/10 next year he’ll likely be sacked. I actually think that number should be anything less than 7/10.
We can’t accept mediocrity anymore.
4- 6 wins from first 10 weeks after missing finals in first two years of contract isn’t good enough. 7-8 wins and we are back on track, anytime less than that, sack him.

getsmarty

Immortal
Just one thing, in this weeks pod Jack said if Hook has a slow start like 3/10 next year he’ll likely be sacked. I actually think that number should be anything less than 7/10.
4- 6 wins from first 10 weeks after missing finals in first two years of contract isn’t good enough. 7-8 wins and we are back on track, anytime less than that, sack him.

Agree....lets hope we don't have to wait that long.

thebigredv

First Grade
You're too generous. He's been given the sufficient time needed to get us playing finals footy.

Why do we need to make it a mathematical occasion when other teams sorted out their coaching crap months, weeks or days ago in the case of Woolf?

All this line of thinking achieves is to prolong our suffering. It happened under the last guy in the same way. Unless Hook can somehow snaffle two international forwards between now and March he can't save himself from ultimate dismissal. Having said that, he isn't the biggest problem with our club.

jackyboi90

Juniors

As the regular season closes on the St George Illawarra NRL side, we ask questions of the 2022 season. Despite winning 12 games during the season, did the wins paper over some of the cracks? Are we where we want to be heading into 2023?

Hear the review of the final round win against Brisbane (Feagai starring, a glimpse into the future and everything else).

Latest Dragons news (signing rumor's, NRLW, Jersey Flegg, Young for coach?)

As well as a special 1 on 1 chat with Jersey Flegg half Braxton Wallace and loads more! #redv

Listen on podvean, spotify, apple, google and all other good podcast providers.

jackyboi90

Juniors

Did the Dragons take the right action in dealing with Tyrell Sloan during the season? Was he initial dropping a harsh move? Mat Feagai making strides on the wing, is he set for a booming 2023?
We attempt to answer this as well as lots more in our position review, where we look at the Fullback and Wing positions for the Red V.

Round up the latest news (Coaching changes, pathways update, Jersey Flegg, re-signings: Liddle, Burns, Ford plus lots more).

NRLW Wrap, Lower grade wrap and fans corner questions. #redv

backdoor

Juniors
I am a week or two behind with the podcast.
Love Jack and his enthusiasm.
Gotta say old mate Curtis is a punish.
Reckon sometimes he just says stuff so that he can hear his own voice.
When he recently stated that Craig Young is a “pretty good administrator” I nearly drove off the road.
Craig Young (in my opinion)
Great player
Shit coach
Poor recruiter
Questionable board member
Lame chairman
Classic example of jobs for the boys for life.
Might be a fantastic bloke but aside from his playing career is no more qualified than Dr Fruitbasket to be in a decision making position in our club.

jackyboi90

Juniors

The ascension of Junior Amone in 2022, was one of the highlights for fans of the Red V.
On this week's podcast, we take a closer look at the season he had and the skills Junior possesses, that could be key for the Saints in 2023.

Along with this we also review the Centre position in our position review. Zac Lomax's attitude, his skill and what to expect next season.

Plus the latest on the Tyrell Sloan saga, will David Fifita join the Red V? Jacob Liddle signing, Zane Musgrove, NRLW, Fans Questions and loads more!

jackyboi90

Juniors

How pivotal were the performances of Ben Hunt for the Red V in season 2022? Did they vindicate his price tag? What does the Dragons future look like with or without Hunt?

Hear all of this in our position review as we look at the half back role, and also the at times, insipid play from the hooker position.

Latest news about the Red V (Sloan released blocked, Su'a and Feagai selected in Samoa squad, Dally M awards and the Who Am I question).

Plus we take a deep dive into your fan questions, with a focus on Ben Hunt at hooker and the future of Anthony Griffin.

blacksafake

First Grade
I am a week or two behind with the podcast.
Love Jack and his enthusiasm.
Gotta say old mate Curtis is a punish.
Reckon sometimes he just says stuff so that he can hear his own voice.
When he recently stated that Craig Young is a “pretty good administrator” I nearly drove off the road.
Craig Young (in my opinion)
Great player
Shit coach
Poor recruiter
Questionable board member
Lame chairman
Classic example of jobs for the boys for life.
Might be a fantastic bloke but aside from his playing career is no more qualified than Dr Fruitbasket to be in a decision making position in our club.
I’d argue that @Dr Fruitbasket Returns is probably more qualified 😁

jackyboi90

Juniors

We conclude our position review, by delving into the issues the Dragons have had in the forward pack. Has recruitment played a part in the issues up front? What about the service out of dummy half? Does it affect our go forward? Plus take a look at what the side may look like in 2023.

We jump into the latest Dragons news (Ben Hunt re-signing and what it means for the club. Is it the right call? Does it help the club long term?) Plus player movement and the Who Am I question for this week.