What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red V Podcast

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Prob cos we tell the truth and don't sugar coat the incompetence of this football club.
It's pretty poor IMO. There is already a few pod's out there including our own, but looks like they want to control the narrative around whats happening with the club.
Webb told me about it a few weeks ago, so knew it was coming. I think fans will see through it though, and not fall for the "tow the company line" BS.

I think that we discuss and talk about issues that the fans want to hear, so hopefully we won't see any change. But, yeah a bit weird that they bring one out now. Apparently i98 didn't even want to do it, the Dragons pressured them into it.

I'm guessing this and the fact that it's part of a radio station so for them it probably feels like more audience reach & 'mainstream media'. Imo it would've been better going through you guys, seriously one of the best fan driven podcast going around.

jackyboi90

Juniors
He's just telling it like it is, they don't want to hear the truth. Also this is a weekly podcast & I doubt the other one will be a weekly podcast. Keep up the great work Jack, voice for the fans. Also doing great with cricket commentary too!
Thanks for the support mate! Unfortunately cricket season is done, but it was a fun season!

BennyV

Referee
Prob cos we tell the truth and don't sugar coat the incompetence of this football club.
It's pretty poor IMO. There is already a few pod's out there including our own, but looks like they want to control the narrative around whats happening with the club.
Webb told me about it a few weeks ago, so knew it was coming. I think fans will see through it though, and not fall for the "tow the company line" BS.

I think that we discuss and talk about issues that the fans want to hear, so hopefully we won't see any change. But, yeah a bit weird that they bring one out now. Apparently i98 didn't even want to do it, the Dragons pressured them into it.
Yeah, seems oddly coincidental that they really pull their support and create a direct competitor around the same time that you start getting (rightfully) critical of the shitmess they’ve created! I’d say the fans will stick with the more realistic take on what’s happening and challenging the club to do better.

You’re doing well mate, I guess this is what happens when you get a Tigpies supporter to co-host!

jackyboi90

Juniors

A first up win for the Red V has the fans and players brimming with confidence.
On this week's podcast, we recap that fine win, with a focus on the involvements of Jack Bird, Jayden Sullivan and Tyrell Sloan.
A full preview of the showdown with Brisbane on Saturday. The battle of the centre's, will Lawrie take it to the Brisbane pack? Can we make it 2/2?

Plus latest news (Couchman twins re-sign, Team list review), Lower grade wrap up and we answer your fans corner questions.

randomdragon

Juniors

respectfully disagree, you had chances to ask Webb some really pressing questions when you interviewed him and you still didn't or avoided them.

Dragons4me

Juniors

A first up win for the Red V has the fans and players brimming with confidence.
On this week's podcast, we recap that fine win, with a focus on the involvements of Jack Bird, Jayden Sullivan and Tyrell Sloan.
A full preview of the showdown with Brisbane on Saturday. The battle of the centre's, will Lawrie take it to the Brisbane pack? Can we make it 2/2?

Plus latest news (Couchman twins re-sign, Team list review), Lower grade wrap up and we answer your fans corner questions.
Thanks boys. Always great listening and look forward to every Tuesday night!

jackyboi90

Juniors

Huge breaking news around the future of Anthony Griffin is discussed on this week's podcast.
We talk about Griffin potentially having to re-apply for his job, the potential of Craig Bellamy or Jason Ryles being chased as coach. Plus discuss the role of the board in all of this.

Full review of the loss against Brisbane. We chat the positives, the collapse in the final 10 minutes, individual talent and a lot more.
Preview the showdown against Cronulla, what players will cause trouble for the Red V, Nicho Hynes return and why the interchange forwards for the Dragons could hold the key.

Plus lower grade wrap and fans corner questions.

jackyboi90

Juniors

With Jack Clifton on holidays, Curtis and Dean try to make the most of the team's performance against Cronulla.

The latest on Anthony Griffin.

Breaking news on Aaron Woods and comments made by Moses Suli in the media.

And we answer your fan questions.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Thanks Curtis and Dean for the latest Red V Podcast. I can't agree with Dean's suggestion of wearing the Steelers jumper when the team plays at WIN stadium. I believe the Red V should be worn every game (maybe not Indigenous or Anzac). I fear a loss as soon as the team runs out in anything other than the Red V, and I am usually right ( ok, maybe the team was not very good anyway). I know that the Steelers need to be recognised, but I'm not sure how. The red shorts looked bad, and the red Sox weren't much better! But the red jersey? No thank you.

SnowDragon

Juniors
Thanks Curtis and Dean for the latest Red V Podcast. I can't agree with Dean's suggestion of wearing the Steelers jumper when the team plays at WIN stadium. I believe the Red V should be worn every game (maybe not Indigenous or Anzac). I fear a loss as soon as the team runs out in anything other than the Red V, and I am usually right ( ok, maybe the team was not very good anyway). I know that the Steelers need to be recognised, but I'm not sure how. The red shorts looked bad, and the red Sox weren't much better! But the red jersey? No thank you.
Let’s face it, we will soon have WIN as our main stadium, and only play a few games at Jubilee. Our HQ will be in the gong. Let’s keep the Red V as our main jersey please. Both saints and steelers need to be acknowledged of course, but we are the dragons now, and the red V is our jersey And the gong our HQ.

Parko1310

Juniors
Steelers jersey as the away strip, simple. Our home jersey as the St George Illawarra Dragons is the Red V, no doubt. Playing in the steelers kit in the gong is more a token piece than an actual acknowledgement, but having it as our away strip truly embraces both sides of the joint venture and shows a united club moving forward. Home ground should be WIN, wearing the Red V. I don't get why there is any conjecture whatsoever about wearing the Steelers kit as our away jersey though. Not only does it recognise the Steelers and their important part in our history, but it's a pretty nice jersey too.

Latest posts