What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redcliffe Dolphins recruitment targets

roofromoz

First Grade
Dylan Edwards wouldn't be the worst signing.

All depends on whether he is seen in the long term plans, such as whether either Crichton or even Staines is seen as the long term fullback.

jim_57

Staff member
I can see them going hard for Walker or Walsh or both, even if it’s not for their first year.

Munster, B Smith, Kikau.

The_Frog

First Grade
1. Manu
6. Munster / Cody
7. Hunt
9. Mahoney

Full side based on off contract NRL players and likely salary cap constraints:

1. Manu
2. Corey Thompson
3. Billy Smith
4. Waqa Blake
5. Ronaldo Mulitalo
6. Munster
7. Brooks
8. Flegler
9. Robson
10. Fonua-Blake
11. Liam Martin
12. Lachlan Fitzgibbon
13. Nathan Brown
Liam Martin under contract until end of 2023.

The_Frog

First Grade
Dylan Edwards wouldn't be the worst signing.

All depends on whether he is seen in the long term plans, such as whether either Crichton or even Staines is seen as the long term fullback.
I think we'd be crazy to let him leave.

macavity

Referee
Not sure why Ponga is considered a target. It seems to be based on the "Newcastle is poor" trope.

We are as cashed up as anyone, and Newie is a great place to live and play footy.

He has made it pretty clear he isn't leaving.

Canard

Immortal
Not sure why Ponga is considered a target. It seems to be based on the "Newcastle is poor" trope.

We are as cashed up as anyone, and Newie is a great place to live and play footy.

He has made it pretty clear he isn't leaving.
This is overly defensive for no reason.

I suspect the reason he is being mentioned, is that he is a QLD Origin player, his contract makes it possible and that Newie don't appear to be a genuine threat anytime soon.

It's all just pure speculation of course.

macavity

Referee
This is overly defensive for no reason.

I suspect the reason he is being mentioned, is that he is a QLD Origin player, his contract makes it possible and that Newie don't appear to be a genuine threat anytime soon.

It's all just pure speculation of course.

A broke club, a failed coal baron, a dodgy supercoach and 3 spoons in a row will do that

Bazal

Post Whore
They'll almost certainly pick up some contracted players who wqant out or are on the outer. So it's hard to judge.

You're not gonna build a top side immediately, and how many QCup players will they want or need in the top 30? If it were me I'd say you need a quality half and hooker as your top targets. Then at least one gun back and a few top forwards. Just build a base?

I'm hoping as an Eels fan Mahoney would be wrapped up by then, but he'd be number one target along with Koroisau otherwise, plus Munster/Walker.

If you had to fill a top 13 with players off contract right now...vaguely trying to fit it in a cap

1-Matt Dufty
2-Alex Johnston
3-Joey Manu
4-Adam Keighran/Paul Momirovski or similar
5-Haze Dunster
6-Cody Walker/Cam Munster (rumours)
7-Chanel Harris-Tevita
8-Martin Taupau
9-Api Koroisau/Reed Mahoney
10-Braden Hamlin-Uele
11-Marata Niukore/Corey Harawira-Naera
12-Angus Crichton/Tariq Sims
13-Ryan Matterson/Alex Twal

There's plenty out there. Lots of them will re-sign with their clubs though

Disco

Bench
I think the stars are aligning for Nikorima. He wants to head back QLD and Warriors have Harris-Tavita, Johnson and now Taylor.

I Think Munster will be there marque man. Think the Storm are over him

Mahoney a smart signing and can see it happening.

Wouldn't be surprised if Taupau went as a experienced pro in the pack.

Think Dufty was thinking expansion team when he signed a deal.

1.Dufty
6.Munster
7.Nikorima
8.Taupau
9.Mahoney

Is a decent and realistic starting point to a side

Disco

Bench
They'll almost certainly pick up some contracted players who wqant out or are on the outer. So it's hard to judge.

You're not gonna build a top side immediately, and how many QCup players will they want or need in the top 30? If it were me I'd say you need a quality half and hooker as your top targets. Then at least one gun back and a few top forwards. Just build a base?

I'm hoping as an Eels fan Mahoney would be wrapped up by then, but he'd be number one target along with Koroisau otherwise, plus Munster/Walker.

If you had to fill a top 13 with players off contract right now...vaguely trying to fit it in a cap

1-Matt Dufty
2-Alex Johnston
3-Joey Manu
4-Adam Keighran/Paul Momirovski or similar
5-Haze Dunster
6-Cody Walker/Cam Munster (rumours)
7-Chanel Harris-Tevita
8-Martin Taupau
9-Api Koroisau/Reed Mahoney
10-Braden Hamlin-Uele
11-Marata Niukore/Corey Harawira-Naera
12-Angus Crichton/Tariq Sims