What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reece Robson

Old Timer

Coach
Toys?

I’m not stressed that we signed Hunt.. I think it was a great move..

And I think he did really well as a halfback getting the Broncos so close to the silverware..

Hopefully he does the same for us one season too..

And I also look forward to seeing him steering us to victory on Wednesday night at hooker..
Your post now explains everything.
Not only a Steeler but also a Qld'er that'l do me.
By the way I wasn't stressed when we signed Hunt either I just didn't rate him as highly as others.
Re the game on Wed I hope he gets one right in the mid drift and spews his guts out then we might see what he is really made of.

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
You and I are lucky enough to have seen many highs and lows within our club and have learnt to deal with the pain and suffering and the younger ones are yet to acquire that skill.
Your question re the management is one I have often contemplated on and obviously there are many and varied reasons and lots of so called logic as to why they do what they do.
In the end it is all a business and the margin of what is considered "success" has widened significantly.
If we were living in a top 4 comp like the old days it may very well be different but alas being top 8 and getting there or just outside is considered acceptable.

OT,
I think the point you make about the broadening of the finalists from 4 to 8 is an excellent point in terms of the lowering of expectations. I think that an analysis of the 8 finalists system would reveal that the 8th placed team never deserves to make the finals and sometimes neither does the 7th team. I don't care that the Eels made the GF in 2009 - a team that can only win as many as it loses does not deserve a spot in the finals. Mary's claim of success in making the finals in 2015 was just so hollow - a team that had lost 7 straight!

I almost choked every time Doust uttered the phrase "our brand". But surely we have reached a point where our brand is being damaged. Yes there is the accepted notion today that football is a business. But on the share market if a company announces it is not going to meet its expected results for the year its share price can drop as much as 40%. So with our expected position on the NRL ladder plummetting why isn't our manage
ement showing some concern for its business model. Why are they not stepping in to correct the problems the business is facing? They can't have it both ways. If it is a footy club it can be run amateurishly. If it is a business it must be run professionally with a genuine concern for all stakeholders which must include us long suffering fans.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Well obviously you know SFA about chess so why am I not surprised?
I know about SFA but I’m too old to be eligible and I wouldn’t really feel like travelling over there for it anyway..

Did you ever compete?

Dragonsamy

Bench
OT,
I think the point you make about the broadening of the finalists from 4 to 8 is an excellent point in terms of the lowering of expectations. I think that an analysis of the 8 finalists system would reveal that the 8th placed team never deserves to make the finals and sometimes neither does the 7th team. I don't care that the Eels made the GF in 2009 - a team that can only win as many as it loses does not deserve a spot in the finals. Mary's claim of success in making the finals in 2015 was just so hollow - a team that had lost 7 straight!

I almost choked every time Doust uttered the phrase "our brand". But surely we have reached a point where our brand is being damaged. Yes there is the accepted notion today that football is a business. But on the share market if a company announces it is not going to meet its expected results for the year its share price can drop as much as 40%. So with our expected position on the NRL ladder plummetting why isn't our manage
ement showing some concern for its business model. Why are they not stepping in to correct the problems the business is facing? They can't have it both ways. If it is a footy club it can be run amateurishly. If it is a business it must be run professionally with a genuine concern for all stakeholders which must include us long suffering fans.

Steve
You nail it.
If they (management)were running a business they would be gone as consistent poor results reflect poorly on the company.
Unfortunately this will not happen here.
Unless we get a totally independent person or persons who can come through the club and cleaned it all out.

possm

Coach
Steve
You nail it.
If they (management)were running a business they would be gone as consistent poor results reflect poorly on the company.
Unfortunately this will not happen here.
Unless we get a totally independent person or persons who can come through the club and cleaned it all out.
Dragonsamy, it is you who have nailed it. Gus Gould is the answer and I doubt anyone else could really do the job. It's time for our CEO to give him a call.

Crush

Coach
Dragonsamy, it is you who have nailed it. Gus Gould is the answer and I doubt anyone else could really do the job. It's time for our CEO to give him a call.
Gus would make changes. Why would our CEO call in a football manager who would sack his mates?
His mates that elected him and put him in the CEO position?
The only way that Gus is called in is if it all goes to shit. Dragons get the spoon and the fans revolt.

possm

Coach
Gus would make changes. Why would our CEO call in a football manager who would sack his mates?
His mates that elected him and put him in the CEO position?
The only way that Gus is called in is if it all goes to shit. Dragons get the spoon and the fans revolt.
So why can't the fans look ahead and see the obvious. Why not revolt before it is too late. We could use the time this year to sort some stuff out so that we don't waste another year with these fools in charge.

Crush

Coach
So why can't the fans look ahead and see the obvious. Why not revolt before it is too late. We could use the time this year to sort some stuff out so that we don't waste another year with these fools in charge.
Check out facebook for a reflection of most fans. If you criticize McGregor on there you get shouted down with "Support the club!" "Show some Faith!" "We'll be right!"

possm

Coach
Possm
He will not ring Gus as Crush has said why would he.
He would lose his job and so would a lot of them
No, no, no, no, no, These pigs with their nose in the trough are too clever for that, remember the number 1 priority is self- preservation. You can bet that they all have early termination clauses in the contracts so all would be willing to go with their golden hand shake, including our CEO.

Gordon and WIN will only then realise the responsibility they have towards SGI and that the accountability for WIN is a hit to there bank account.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Check out facebook for a reflection of most fans. If you criticize McGregor on there you get shouted down with "Support the club!" "Show some Faith!" "We'll be right!"
Someone who listens to talk back radio, mentioned to me last night that they are now talking about Mary on the radio, questioning why we extended Mary's contract when we did.

rednwhites

Juniors

About 2 or 3 years ago it was the same on here. Pessimists vs Optimists vs Realists. Now everyone wants him gone, and when someone says they are giving up on the club, it is accepted as completely understandable. Those that were hoping it was just a phase can finally see it for what it is - an absolute lemon of a coach running the show, and a horrid excuse for a board.

If we beat the hapless Bulldogs it will just start all over again. If we lose, Master Coach will give a great narrative of the game, use the word 'disappointing' a few times and maybe swap a couple of dud players, if we are so lucky.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
About 2 or 3 years ago it was the same on here. Pessimists vs Optimists vs Realists.
24ccbck.jpg

Latest posts