What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reece Robson

Overseas dragon

Juniors
If he gets picked for Qld at 9 to basically replace the former long standing test captain and SOO legend Smith and now faces off against the current Australian hooker Cook and Hunt has beaten all other regular hookers to achieve that distinction then I guess he is probably a hooker. No doubt the Australian selectors / coaching staff would also be getting involved in the selection process and making their voices heard.
We wanted a half and signed a hooker masquerading as a half because we were too dumb to see it and too stupid to naive to have other options.
Obviously Bennett is also stupid and naive .. . ..

Old Timer

Coach
Obviously Bennett is also stupid and naive .. . ..
They didn't win a comp with Hunt at 7 and they were happy for him to leave the club.
The obviously thought others had greater potential to direct the team so maybe they actually made a correct decision for their team.
If not mistaken there was also some issues between Hunt and 1 or 2 others in the playing group.

possm

Coach
They didn't win a comp with Hunt at 7 and they were happy for him to leave the club.
The obviously thought others had greater potential to direct the team so maybe they actually made a correct decision for their team.
If not mistaken there was also some issues between Hunt and 1 or 2 others in the playing group.
I hold the view that Hunt is a natural five-eighth playing on the right side but with licence to move to where opportunities are in attack. I believe our halfback should be Norman playing on the left side. Norman should be first receiver unless there is a move that dictates otherwise. Norman should be the game manager implementing the plan handed to him by the coach.

If the above is implemented, we will have no troubles in the halves, all we need to make this work well is to have forwards who will dominate, changes to the personnel in our backline. Of course we need a top line coach who his capable of delivering good instructions and a viable game plan each game.

since77

Juniors

Really? How did that work out for them? Hint: The guy who replaced him was released to the Warriors after 2 years of near constant criticism......

Old Timer

Coach
Really? How did that work out for them? Hint: The guy who replaced him was released to the Warriors after 2 years of near constant criticism......
I don't disagree that the halves pairing for the Broncos after Hunt's departure didn't work out well but that doesn't negate the fact that Hunt didn't make that point of difference in respect of winning a premiership for the Broncos whilst he was there.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I don't disagree that the halves pairing for the Broncos after Hunt's departure didn't work out well but that doesn't negate the fact that Hunt didn't make that point of difference in respect of winning a premiership for the Broncos whilst he was there.
Kayln Ponga didn’t win a premiership with the cowboys whilst he was there..

Shit player. Not sure why the Knights even signed him..

Old Timer

Coach
Kayln Ponga didn’t win a premiership with the cowboys whilst he was there..

Shit player. Not sure why the Knights even signed him..
You really are a poor quality troll muzzy.
You love Hunt because he is a Millward boy and Millward being a Steeler's boy can do no wrong in your opinion.
My statement re Hunt relates to the fact that people thought he was the answer to our "prayers" & ""problems" and that he would "make the difference" in respect of chasing a premiership.
I simply dispute that assertion and offer Hunt's time at the Bronco's and with us as evidence of that.
I clearly acknowledge he is better than all our previous halves in recent years probably in fact going back to Goldthorpe but I do not concur with the opinion he is a "great" half or that he is capable of making us a premiership winning side.
Now if we were to add Ponga to our club and retain what we have including Hunt & Widdop then I think we would have a premiership quality side and a player truly capable of making that difference.
Secretariat and Radish.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
You love Hunt because he is a Millward boy and Millward being a Steeler's boy can do no wrong in your opinion.
Yes, the Illawarra mafia have gotten to me and told me if I don’t talk up Hunt on here I could wake up with Happy Dragon’s head in my bed..

I like Hunt not just he plays for the team I support, but because he’s a QLD & Australian rep who can play the game well.

My statement re Hunt relates to the fact that people thought he was the answer to our "prayers" & ""problems" and that he would "make the difference" in respect of chasing a premiership.
I simply dispute that assertion and offer Hunt's time at the Bronco's and with us as evidence of that.
The guy was one missed tackle (not his) away from winning the premiership.

That’s pretty damn good..

Although if winning a premiership is your benchmark of success, should we have signed Shane Perry instead? He won a comp with the Broncos so he must be a better halfback..

Or maybe Chad Townsend wants to come over..

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
I'm 43. I classify anything 40-55 middle aged. Over 55 and your just an old man arguing about meaningless bullshit.
Sorry OT.

Crush, I take no offence at your label. In fact there are some advantages in being an old man. For example when I am in the country I get a concession so I don't have to pay so much to watch what the Dragons serve up. And the long years of my life give me a greater perspective on what Dragons' management is currently serving up.

But I want to point out that "arguing about meaningless bullshit" is certainly therapeutic for me and I expect for many other long term Dragons' fans. It helps me to know that other fans are hurting as much as me, some even more so, that fans are struggling to understand as I am why we constantly extend the contract of one of the most inept coaches that has been appointed within the NRL and previously the NSWRL and struggling to understand why the club admin is not hurting to the extent that we all are.

Old Timer

Coach
Yes, the Illawarra mafia have gotten to me and told me if I don’t talk up Hunt on here I could wake up with Happy Dragon’s head in my bed..

I like Hunt not just he plays for the team I support, but because he’s a QLD & Australian rep who can play the game well.

The guy was one missed tackle (not his) away from winning the premiership.

That’s pretty damn good..

Although if winning a premiership is your benchmark of success, should we have signed Shane Perry instead? He won a comp with the Broncos so he must be a better halfback..

Or maybe Chad Townsend wants to come over..
Boy oh boy you certainly know how to throw your toys out of the cot.
Don't throw the blanket out because it is very cold at night if you do.
You really like missing a point just so you can rabbit on with your own agenda.
Go back and read all my quotes re Hunt very carefully and then get back to me.
Yes Hunt did get close to a premiership and you keep quoting that very point and in the final wash up it was Hunts ultimate mistake that press need the final opportunity but it was also Hunt's abysmal kicking game in the last 10 minutes that contributed to the Cowboys getting the opportunity to get to extra time.

Old Timer

Coach
I'm 43. I classify anything 40-55 middle aged. Over 55 and your just an old man arguing about meaningless bullshit.
Sorry OT.
Well if we argue with the likes of yourself and others in your age bracket or even younger then "arguing about meaningless bullshit" is not just confined to old men like me.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Boy oh boy you certainly know how to throw your toys out of the cot.
Don't throw the blanket out because it is very cold at night if you do.
You really like missing a point just so you can rabbit on with your own agenda.
Go back and read all my quotes re Hunt very carefully and then get back to me.
Yes Hunt did get close to a premiership and you keep quoting that very point and in the final wash up it was Hunts ultimate mistake that press need the final opportunity but it was also Hunt's abysmal kicking game in the last 10 minutes that contributed to the Cowboys getting the opportunity to get to extra time.
Toys?

I’m not stressed that we signed Hunt.. I think it was a great move..

And I think he did really well as a halfback getting the Broncos so close to the silverware..

Hopefully he does the same for us one season too..

And I also look forward to seeing him steering us to victory on Wednesday night at hooker..

Old Timer

Coach
Crush, I take no offence at your label. In fact there are some advantages in being an old man. For example when I am in the country I get a concession so I don't have to pay so much to watch what the Dragons serve up. And the long years of my life give me a greater perspective on what Dragons' management is currently serving up.

But I want to point out that "arguing about meaningless bullshit" is certainly therapeutic for me and I expect for many other long term Dragons' fans. It helps me to know that other fans are hurting as much as me, some even more so, that fans are struggling to understand as I am why we constantly extend the contract of one of the most inept coaches that has been appointed within the NRL and previously the NSWRL and struggling to understand why the club admin is not hurting to the extent that we all are.
You and I are lucky enough to have seen many highs and lows within our club and have learnt to deal with the pain and suffering and the younger ones are yet to acquire that skill.
Your question re the management is one I have often contemplated on and obviously there are many and varied reasons and lots of so called logic as to why they do what they do.
In the end it is all a business and the margin of what is considered "success" has widened significantly.
If we were living in a top 4 comp like the old days it may very well be different but alas being top 8 and getting there or just outside is considered acceptable.

Latest posts