What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reece Robson

possm

Coach
All good mate and you may end up being right. But as I said, happy to back the club on this one until further evidence comes to light.

Let’s re-visit this conversation when we see Robson in FG. Happy to eat my words if required.
You could have said the same about Cook, only we did not give him a proper go also. The trouble is with your approach is, by the time Robson does start to kill it at the Cowboys, it is all too late. Eating your words won't help anything at all.

giboz71

First Grade
Wait, so you’re trusting our coaching staff? The ones playing Lomax as a middle forward off the bench? The ones who claimed that Dugan would be playing fullback in whatever team he was coaching? The ones who <insert any number of poor judgement calls from our coaching staff>.

Fair enough. In that case, congrats on the contract extension.

I personally form my own opinions. In my opinion, the fact that none of the questions we have posed regarding Robson’s future were answered before we let him walk is a failure. And I wouldn’t trust the judgement of the coaching staff at our club one iota.

Lol yes you can form your opinion but like me you’re a fan who sees very little of what really goes on behind the scenes.

As Bennett says if you start listening to the fans , you’ll end up sitting next to them.

watatank

Coach
It was always going to be difficult to keep Robson and if he has gone, good luck to him. Can't keep everyone.

Maybe we can bring back Mitch Rein as backup?

The Damo

Juniors
So you think it’s understandable, or you think it’s a failure?
It’s a failure that the coach didn’t give him time from the bench.
It’s understandable that he’d go elsewhere, for clearer opportunities/more money. Even if given time here, the path to being a first pick hooker at the cowboys looks much more open than here. Granville and Baptiste aren’t half the player McInnes is now.

BennyV

Referee
Lol yes you can form your opinion but like me you’re a fan who sees very little of what really goes on behind the scenes.

As Bennett says if you start listening to the fans , you’ll end up sitting next to them.
So again, you’re putting your trust and faith in the coaching staff and their judgement, considering the decisions they’ve made (not Millward) over the last 5 years?!?!

giboz71

First Grade
So again, you’re putting your trust and faith in the coaching staff and their judgement, considering the decisions they’ve made (not Millward) over the last 5 years?!?!

The coaching staff are clueless, that I agree with you.

But surely Millward would have had fairly big part on the decision not to retain him. Like it or not Millward has enough runs on the board to make this call. We haven't really had any recruitment disasters since the Jack Bird debacle (before Millward's time I know). Millward has put together a pretty decent squad since then, enough to keep Mary in a job despite his failings as a coach.

Again none of us really know what will happen till we see him running around for the Cows, I'll happily eat my words if I'm wrong, but for now, happy to go with Millward on this one.

BennyV

Referee

But surely Millward would have had fairly big part on the decision not to retain him. Like it or not Millward has enough runs on the board to make this call. We haven't really had any recruitment disasters since the Jack Bird debacle (before Millward's time I know). Millward has put together a pretty decent squad since then, enough to keep Mary in a job despite his failings as a coach.

Again none of us really know what will happen till we see him running around for the Cows, I'll happily eat my words if I'm wrong, but for now, happy to go with Millward on this one.
Millward labelled him as being our hooking rotation through 2018 and 2019 last time he was re-signed. For all we know, Millward May have put up a good fight to keep him.

This isn’t about a Millward decision to let him go as it can’t be blamed on Millward. This is about the coaching decision to not give him a good opportunity to play minutes in first grade and see what he’s got after we’ve put years of development into him and seen his potential. It’s a rubbish state of affairs.

Dragonslayer

First Grade

At the end of the day the kid wants to play 1st grade (as does everybody) and whether or not Millward offers him an upgraded contract its up to the coaching staff to select him. He is also looking at his past Schoolboys teammates who are now playing 1st grade (Nick Cotric, Payne Haas, Campbell Graham and Lomax to name a few) and some who have jumped over from the preceeding years (Bronson Xerri) and thinks what about me. So an opportunity with (probably) more money and regular 1st grade games would be vwry enticing for a youngster.

And before we get excited about forner schiolboy players,bthere are many whose name have disappeared into oblivion and a few who just dont cut the mustard. Just take a look at one of the players playing CC and on a part-time contract, Ash Nisbet, he was the captain in 2014.

Tbh, what I've seen of Robson didn't exactly get my pulse racing. If he sees an opportunity elsewhere, good luck to him. Neither clubs nor players generally owe each other much loyalty, and supporters are a distant third.

True_Believer

Juniors
Really, he morons claiming that McInnes is a full-season, 80 minute hooker are likely the same clowns who labeled Rein as an 80 minute hooker.

And you scoffed at me when I called you a bigot in another thread. If calling other posters morons when they don't agree with you isn't being bigoted I don't know what is. And it's just as 'classy' as you'd put it.

BennyV

Referee
And you scoffed at me when I called you a bigot in another thread. If calling other posters morons when they don't agree with you isn't being bigoted I don't know what is. And it's just as 'classy' as you'd put it.
I didn’t call them morons because they disagree with me. I called them morons because of their lack of footy knowledge. But, as the Damo pointed out to me, they aren’t necessarily all morons.

You’ll note that my post contained many other coherent arguments, all of which you decided to skip over in order to focus on a single word! Similar to when you couldn’t come up with a coherent argument in the past and resorted to claims on bigotry! So yeah, classy!

True_Believer

Juniors
I didn’t call them morons because they disagree with me. I called them morons because of their lack of footy knowledge. But, as the Damo pointed out to me, they aren’t necessarily all morons.

You’ll note that my post contained many other coherent arguments, all of which you decided to skip over in order to focus on a single word! Similar to when you couldn’t come up with a coherent argument in the past and resorted to claims on bigotry! So yeah, classy!

Lol - oh, a moron because they lack the footy knowledge that you apparently believe you have? That makes it so much better!!!

BennyV

Referee
Lol - oh, a moron because they lack the footy knowledge that you apparently believe you have? That makes it so much better!!!
Another valid, well-constructed argument that’s relevant to the topic and not at all a deflection or straw-man.

Well done.

giboz71

First Grade
Millward labelled him as being our hooking rotation through 2018 and 2019 last time he was re-signed. For all we know, Millward May have put up a good fight to keep him.

This isn’t about a Millward decision to let him go as it can’t be blamed on Millward. This is about the coaching decision to not give him a good opportunity to play minutes in first grade and see what he’s got after we’ve put years of development into him and seen his potential. It’s a rubbish state of affairs.

Well can't argue with you there. Would have been good to see more of him.

I see plenty of positives with starting Lomax at centre and putting Robson on the bench. But we have a mentally challenged coach who has just been extended.

As I said, if he wasn't replacing McInnes as a starter, he would be stuck in NSW Cup forever. There is effectively no future for a 2nd hooker in the 17 whilst Mary is coach.

epDragon62

First Grade
Poor McInnes will probably suffer burn out at the back end of the season again, that is when we will truly rue the failing to get Robson in the rotation...

I hope he doesn’t become a super star.

jak

Bench
Poor McInnes will probably suffer burn out at the back end of the season again, that is when we will truly rue the failing to get Robson in the rotation...

I hope he doesn’t become a super star.
you mean like cook?

Latest posts