What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ref Watch 2014 (aka the Skeepe Thread)

Meth

Staff member
Watching the Broncos v Titans. What are the qualifications needed to be a linesmen? I think you could put 8 year olds out there with a flag and it wouldn't make a difference. Or just recruit one of the dads from each of the teams before the game. The first Broncos try, he was a half a meter in from the touchline and the linesman was in perfect position to see this, yet we still go up to the video ref?

Packy

Bench
How about Barbas' knock back to stop a 40_20 and.he took about 62 steps outside the field.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
touchies are going above and beyond to do as little as possible. Not back in the old days when checcin was given a few years back on the sidelines and was a given to come on the field to report something and get his hand in as many decisions as he could to make himself noticed

POPEYE

Coach
Roosters might give away too many penalties but some of those awarded against them are f**king girlish by the referees . . . almost at a stage where the pinkies think not many supporters, who'll listen if they complain

God-King Dean

Immortal
Correct decision. Clearly separation.

I understand the confusion as they always change it, but it's been the rule all year.

Bloke can't even push the right button when there's only 2 of them.
How would he have gone when there were several others there as well for the decision after a no try, scrum, penalty, etc.

I say 6 weeks.

POPEYE

Coach
They make enough real mistakes without condemning them for an accident . . . someone in the cave may contribute

Danish

Referee
There are 2 video refs so I'm pretty sure they control a button each.

We need to know show as working the green knob to figure out whose to blame here :sarcasm:

In all seriousness though, would the video ref actually control this? I feel like it would be a stadium employee rather than the actual refs controlling the big screen

Paullyboy

Coach
The NRL has some serious issues. Referees are simply diabolical. It's at the point where it's hard to justify caring about a neutral game because you know the game will be riddled with such crap from the blokes in pink. I didn't even watch the game last night, but just saw enough howlers on the highlights package to know we have a serious problem.