What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ref Watch 2014 (aka the Skeepe Thread)

cleary89

Coach
Yeh I'd say it's short based off that pic. Very, very close but if that's the best they have then I'm not surprised he didn't over turn it.

No one blew up when Farah "scored" those tries against us in round 1.

Tayjack

Juniors
I didn't watch live, only listened on the radio and then watched the highlights. But from the 3 second clip or so I didn't see the ball down over the line. If you all did, should be pretty easy to show a photo of it.

Deary me, are u bored or something?

beave

Coach
fe4c372a035c66df5791e28ea45a4aab.jpg

I reckon it should have been awarded, but the way the game is going, what the f**k would I know these days.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Yeh I'd say it's short based off that pic. Very, very close but if that's the best they have then I'm not surprised he didn't over turn it.

No one blew up when Farah "scored" those tries against us in round 1.

Maybe because you won that game by about 30.

Some of us are getting a bit frustrated that so many games are being f**ked up by these incompetent merkins.

How much faith are you going to have in them next week when they are back in charge of your game?

stormbati

Bench
If the rest of the season plays out like the first couple months, the finals will be really close and hope these dingos don't ruin it for a team, even if that means Melbourne being benefactors.

kay

Juniors
Seriously this insufficient evidence to overturn system is embarrassingly bad. A lot of the time we're essentially relying on touch judges and referees to make the correct call on the field in real time, which we all know is a terrible thing to rely on and defeats the purpose of going to the video ref in the first place.

Agreed. If theres no evidence to overturn their decision, then I liked the old method of refs call after they've all had time to look at it. If they think something's not a try or a try and then they refer it it then ultimately they're not even confident with their decision.
The rabbits panthers game last week the ref called 6 again after penrith knocked on, the rabbits score and then he thinks its no try after he's just said play on?

I don't even like Melbourne but dead set that was a try.

2010Dragons

Bench
If the storm give back our two points, I''m sure the raiders will give back storms. And the Dragons will give back the doggies 2 points many years ago.

The Great Dane

First Grade
The Reffing in today's game was easily the worst reffing I've seen all year.

Knock on's being missed everywhere (at on point three in a row, which lead to a Storm Try I might add) or being called strips when they obviously weren't, players being taken out right in front of the refs, the ref blowing penalties for imaginary offenses in the play the ball, heaps of off sides and forward passes were missed as usual, etc, etc.

I personally think that Waqa scored, but at the same time if we had lost and not the Storm then I'd be saying that the refs decisions cost the Raiders the game.

So in the end the reffing got so bad that it didn't matter who won the losers were going to be robbed.

cleary89

Coach
fe4c372a035c66df5791e28ea45a4aab.jpg

I reckon it should have been awarded, but the way the game is going, what the f**k would I know these days.

I'd say that's more than likely a try. Is it conclusively a try? No. I couldn't say with 100 or even 90% certainty that he's got the ball on or over the line.

The fact people say we won by 30 so Farah's doesn't matter is bullshit. Bad calls are bad calls.

Diesel

Referee
Remove the video ref and all on field officials have no way of deflecting any decision