What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rein

BrissyRedV

Bench
I don't understand the Mann hate in here....he has played 1 f#$ing game for us, and fans are calling for him to be banished already. Just as well we didn't fork out 3 times more for RTS....he played worse than our Kurt.

I think you have the wrong thread dude. This is the Rein hate thread. The hate for Mann/Lafai thread is the round 2 team thread next to the Mary hate thread.

I agree though. Mann had 2 errors, both of which did not lead to points, but managed a try assist (Dugan had 2 all last year), a line break assist and a line break running for 98 metres for the game. But of course, he was terrible first outing.

BennyV

Referee
Mann was fine. Positioning was ok, support play was very good (Merrin would have a field day with him!), cover defence was also good (saved 2 tries on Melbourne line breaks) and his pass for Nightingales try was brilliant. Suspect under the high ball in patches, but Cronk has made the best fullbacks in the world look like chumps!

He also looks very quick and agile. Definitely worth persevering with at this stage, only a proper simpleton would want him dropped now.

rainman44

Bench
Mann was fine. Positioning was ok, support play was very good (Merrin would have a field day with him!), cover defence was also good (saved 2 tries on Melbourne line breaks) and his pass for Nightingales try was brilliant. Suspect under the high ball in patches, but Cronk has made the best fullbacks in the world look like chumps!

He also looks very quick and agile. Definitely worth persevering with at this stage, only a proper simpleton would want him dropped now.

Well said.

Old Timer

Coach

Good synopsis Benny V.

Mann reads defence extremely well and showed he is very strong 1 on 1.

Plenty of others have to do a lot more / better before anyone should look at Mann.

I don't understand the Mann hate in here....he has played 1 f#$ing game for us, and fans are calling for him to be banished already. Just as well we didn't fork out 3 times more for RTS....he played worse than our Kurt.

Laurel

Only a few of the 'slower' ones calling for him to be dropped.
Mann will prove to be a great buy.
Don't forget mate, many of them are new to following this game.

& Hardy.

Straight Shooter

Old Timer

Coach
There are certain deficiencies in Rein's game but JDB is a very good player.

Once upon a time you said I was the only one who said he was over rated seems I have a few friends now. lol

Face facts De Belin has not football smarts so therefore is a tireless workhorse in defence and a smash em take it up forward and should leave the ball playing to others.

Old Timer

Coach

Great question and not easy to answer however anyone but De Belin.

Packer will get the offloads going soon as will LAM who has improved in this area.

LAM is a real threat to break the line more often these days so ball playing will compliment his skill set and make him more dangerous to defend against.

KiamaSaint

Coach
JBD was good. He made some very good runs. Was push off a play the ball, and the ball to Creagh, while risky, should have been taken and led to a line break. I don't understand the Mann hate but equally I don't understand the JDB hate.

getsmarty

Immortal
St George Illawarra Dragons hooker Mitch Rein ready for derby clash against Cronulla

By Andrew Parkinson
March 9, 2016, 6:30 a.m.
https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sha...eleader.com.au/story/3767628/dragons-to-rein/http://twitter.com/share?url=http:/...-rein/&text=Dragons to Rein&via=theleadernews

Mitch Rein gets it.
When St George Illawarra run onto Shark Park on Sunday to face their fierce local rivals Cronulla, the Dragons hooker is likely to stop and take in the moment.
The noise, the hatred, the fire.
And he will lap it up.
The 25-year-old is a veteran of the Red V these days, making 109 appearances for the club since making his debut in 2011.
His impressive form over the last two seasons even saw him come into State of Origin calculations for game three last year.
Rein told The Leader the local derby was as important to the players as it is to Dragons fans.
“When I first started playing I was a Steelers boy so being further away maybe it was a bit different,” he said.
“But now, after talking to people and playing them you get it.
“The last couple of times we’ve played them there’s been a bit of niggle.
“We got them at [Jubilee Oval] and then they got us up there and we don’t want that again.”
“It seems like we’ve been written off again, I don’t know why." - St George Illawarra Dragons hooker Mitch Rein
Rein is confident the Dragons have a squad strong enough to improve on the club’s eighth-placed finish last season.
“It seems like we’ve been written off again, I don’t know why,” he said.
“You look through our team and it’s strong everywhere.
“I don’t see why we can’t go better again.”
St George Illawarra suffered a heavy 28-8 loss in their trip to Shark Park in round 18 last season in the middle of a disappointing run of seven straight defeats.
The Sharks match is part of a tricky trio of opening games for the Dragons who, after facing the Storm in Melbourne last Monday night, follow the derby with a clash against South Sydney at the SCG.
Kick-off is at 4pm.

http://www.theleader.com.au/story/3767628/dragons-to-rein/?cs=3833

RedVDragon

Juniors
Rein is a confirmed lunatic. Totally deluded. Hey idiot the noise, the hatred, the fire is directed at you, imbecile. Give it up and allow the big red v to again be a force, right now you are a hindrance.

V

Vasilevsky

Rein is a confirmed lunatic. Totally deluded. Hey idiot the noise, the hatred, the fire is directed at you, imbecile. Give it up and allow the big red v to again be a force, right now you are a hindrance.

To be honest, even though talk of him playing Origin is patently absurd, I don't think he is that bad. Having said that, I have doubts the Dragons will be able to win many big games with him in the team. I hope I'm wrong.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Can make 50 plus tackles and add nothing to the attack whatsoever. Dallas Johnsons untalented little brother

TruSaint

Referee

Ok I get it, you are not A rein fan :roll:

Many here are not, and that their right. But for Gods sake, "Hatred, Fire, Lunatic".

You dont speak for me with those terms, and I has it a guess even Rein critics would cringe at such vile attacks.

Can you tone it down a bit, and keep to the old " crap, cant pass, no vision " ...

S.B.

Juniors

Many here are not, and that their right. But for Gods sake, "Hatred, Fire, Lunatic".

You dont speak for me with those terms, and I has it a guess even Rein critics would cringe at such vile attacks.

Can you tone it down a bit, and keep to the old " crap, cant pass, no vision " ...

Well said....

V

Vasilevsky

Can I be so bold as to propose a radical idea? If you don't like his messages, why not just ignore them? Isn't it easier?

Latest posts