What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Release-O-Rama

Misanthrope

Staff member
Ortiz wasn't really particularly talented to begin with. The gimmick just hastened his demise.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Goodbye Serena!

– Corresponding with PWInsider.com, Figure Four Weekly Online is also reporting that Serena has been released from World Wrestling Entertainment

The decision to cut the Straight Edge Society member was actually made a few days ago but word had not surfaced until Monday night.

Serena is scheduled to make her final WWE appearance on this week’s edition of Friday Night SmackDown, accompanying Luke Gallows to the ring for a match against Big Show. The show was taped last Wednesday.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/wwe-releases-smackdown-diva.html

Bulldog Force

Referee
http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/wwe-veteran-matt-hardy-has-officially-been-released.html

WWE Confirms the Release of Matt Hardy
Posted by Brian Cantor on October 15, 2010 at 4:00 PM

WWE
confirmed the release of Matt Hardy in a statement on its website Friday.

According to WWE’s official statement, “WWE has come to terms on the release of Matt Hardy, effective as of October 15, 2010. WWE wishes Matt Hardy the best in his future endeavors.”

Veteran WWE announcer Jim Ross quickly commented on the story, noting, “WWE has come to terms on the release of Matt Hardy. Know no details just that fact. Good luck to Matt. Probably best 4 all involved.”

Over the past several weeks, Hardy had been documenting his interest in a WWE release in YouTube videos and interactions with Internet fans. It appears that wish has finally been granted.

Matt23

Staff member
Straight to TNA, to ride his brothers coat tails (again) and i concur with Pete, good riddance.

RedVDave

First Grade
Has been stale and overratted for years, I thought his heel run last year would lead to good things but that was a flop.

Ever since his injury problems started and he lost his speed he's been sh*thouse. He gets by now on reputation alone.

I'm still a Matt Hardy fan so I hope he does well in TNA. This guy brought back interest in WWECW as the ECW Champion, made Mark Henry look credible in the ring, gave MVP the rub during their US Title challenges to the point MVP could of been in the main event, and wrestled against his brother with a ruptured abdominal wall which ended up with his intestines poking through after Jeff leg dropped him through a table.

He always pops a crowd no matter what, even when being jobbed hard. And I reckon he would of done well as a heel if he wasn't drafted to Raw and broke his arm at the same time. Being Vickie Guerrero's lacky has never helped anyone advance in WWE (still out on Dolph Ziggler if being associated with Vickie is helping or hindering him)

It will be interesting to see how TNA book Matt, since the traditional Hardy Boyz rivalry would be reversed. Matt has twice heeled on Jeff, the first leading to his successful run as Matt Hardy Version 1.0

Bulldog Force

Referee
I think he 'wanted' the release to be with Jeff in TNA. And he was pretty much doing nothing in WWE. I wouldn't even classify him as a mid-carder anymore.

There's been a rumor floating around WWE that 4-5 superstars are going to walk out of the company once their contracts expire. They hate the way the company is going. That's pretty much why Batista left!

Big Pete

Referee
This guy brought back interest in WWECW as the ECW Champion, made Mark Henry look credible in the ring

I'd give Henry a bit of credit there. Matt did do a decent job though.

Past two years have been s**t and I'm sick of all his b****ing on YouTube. The guy has even resorted to stalking forums and calling out forum members who dare criticise him. :lol:

zombie jesus

Staff member
Thank f**k he will be off our televisions for a while at least. Sick of his bow legged attempts of getting around a ring, looks bad.

I'd give Henry a bit of credit there. Matt did do a decent job though.

Past two years have been s**t and I'm sick of all his b****ing on YouTube. The guy has even resorted to stalking forums and calling out forum members who dare criticise him. :lol:
No doubt Henry improved during that period, particularly since he had a good stretch there without injury. At the end of the day they needed a credible guy there to challenge and bring in the fans to a flagging show, and Hardy was able to do that. And they had some good matches too, despite a lot of scepticism.

As for the looney YouTube vids, I can't be bothered with that stuff. I just stick with the guy in the ring, not outside of it. He does tend to go wacky and off track for a stretch every once and a while though!

I'm still a Matt Hardy fan so I hope he does well in TNA. This guy brought back interest in WWECW as the ECW Champion, made Mark Henry look credible in the ring, gave MVP the rub during their US Title challenges to the point MVP could of been in the main event, and wrestled against his brother with a ruptured abdominal wall which ended up with his intestines poking through after Jeff leg dropped him through a table.

He always pops a crowd no matter what, even when being jobbed hard. And I reckon he would of done well as a heel if he wasn't drafted to Raw and broke his arm at the same time. Being Vickie Guerrero's lacky has never helped anyone advance in WWE (still out on Dolph Ziggler if being associated with Vickie is helping or hindering him)

It will be interesting to see how TNA book Matt, since the traditional Hardy Boyz rivalry would be reversed. Matt has twice heeled on Jeff, the first leading to his successful run as Matt Hardy Version 1.0

Dudleyz are retiring, some of their best match's were against the Hardyz, a TLC match between them, the gunz and beer money would one hell of a send off IMO.