What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Relocate the Bulldogs to Adelaide *

ShaneO85

Juniors
This idea could really work.

The Bulldogs traditionally were a Catholic club. Back in the day you couldn't even get a jersey if you weren't Catholic.

A lot of German Catholics migrated to SA after WWII (specifically the Barossa Valley).

C'mon Doggies fans, return to your roots. At least give it some thought.

never heard this story before, but is that why they played in the "brother's butcher's stripes"?

Fire

First Grade
never heard this story before, but is that why they played in the "brother's butcher's stripes"?

I don't have a source sorry mate but I'm 90% sure that is why. Maybe a Doggies fan out there confirm please?

Frenzy.

Immortal
I don't have a source sorry mate but I'm 90% sure that is why. Maybe a Doggies fan out there confirm please?

There probably isn't a source as it's not so much of a story as it is simply the way it was.

ShaneO85

Juniors
70000+screaming manly fans watching their team decimate a team playing $1mil over the cap during October
of 2008

The biggest flogging in 100 years of football on the grandest stage of them all,all against a team more than 20% over the cap,do you still wake up in a cold sweat cursing Orford for being almost perfect,it eats at you doesn't it? Watching Folau cry gave me sustanance

If no goals got missed that day the score would've been so much worse,worse yet you'll watch it again when in hell as a punishment for being a merkin,over and over for eternity,meanwhile all that I'm hearing from you is white noise

To be fair, Brisbane were robbed. F@#KING SIMS! Melbourne played their grand final a week early int he last minute win over the broncos. I'm sure we would have knocked the eagles off if it wasn't for that dropped ball. F@#KING SIMS!!!

and you played melbourne without cameron smith. He might not have made 40 points difference but he sure would have kept it more respectable. and with him out the $1m over you've quoted was probably just his wage. so you were effectively on an even playing field.

The two worst outcomes possible from that '08 prelim.
1) Brisbane got knocked out, denying bennett the fairytale farewell he deserved
2) a spent melbourne rolled over and allowed that vermin from the north of the harbour to win a premiership.
A travesty of the highest order.

ShaneO85

Juniors
:thumb

There probably isn't a source as it's not so much of a story as it is simply the way it was.
:thumb

It would make sense with the colours, i'm not a doggies history boffin to know how many Catholics, Protestants, Hindus, Muslims, Jews, Scientoligists have been involved in the club, although i'm sure someone on here is.

Valheru

Coach
I agree something has to be done. Whether it is souffs, the dogs or both. It is ridiculous having 2 teams from homebush, is there really a need for even 1?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Dogs have been there since 1999, and the ground is barely a stone's throw from our local area.

Meanwhile, South Sydney moved there in 2006, now playing in Western Sydney, a good 15-20km from their actual area.

They've even cut the number of games they play at ANZ this year to 8.

thorson1987

Coach
Check my sig Timmah

And even with cam smith playing in the 08 grand final we still would have been rolled easily.

Perth Red

Post Whore

apples and oranges.

what was there 2nd year? Oh that's right a masssive drop as per the Reds.

fast forward to a more relevant now, last game in Perth 20,000, last game in Adelaide 8,000. As I said Adelaide has potential to host a NRL club but there is 5-10 years of hard work in front of them first. Or we could relocate a club and have Melbourne'esk no Jnrs, big losses and small fanbase for the first 10 years.

WayneBennett

Juniors
like this? :
mqdefault.jpg

or like this? :
laughing-hard1.jpg

or like this ???

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_CfDMAJdr6q8/SkcvfNw9zII/AAAAAAAAA_Q/b_QRFUgXbXA/s400/geniuss.jpg

Dogs have been there since 1999, and the ground is barely a stone's throw from our local area.

Meanwhile, South Sydney moved there in 2006, now playing in Western Sydney, a good 15-20km from their actual area.

They've even cut the number of games they play at ANZ this year to 8.

FMD between 14.7 klms to 17.2 klms is a bloody long way to throw a stone from Belmore Oval to ANZ

Redfern Oval is between 16.9 to 23.2 Klms from ANZ......not much diff there Deputy Dog

mave

Coach
To be fair, Brisbane were robbed. F@#KING SIMS! Melbourne played their grand final a week early int he last minute win over the broncos. I'm sure we would have knocked the eagles off if it wasn't for that dropped ball. F@#KING SIMS!!!

and you played melbourne without cameron smith. He might not have made 40 points difference but he sure would have kept it more respectable. and with him out the $1m over you've quoted was probably just his wage. so you were effectively on an even playing field.

The two worst outcomes possible from that '08 prelim.
1) Brisbane got knocked out, denying bennett the fairytale farewell he deserved
2) a spent melbourne rolled over and allowed that vermin from the north of the harbour to win a premiership.
A travesty of the highest order.

You seem to be suggesting that the Broncos deserved the 2008 GF and were robbed of the premiership.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
apples and oranges.

what was there 2nd year? Oh that's right a masssive drop as per the Reds.

fast forward to a more relevant now, last game in Perth 20,000, last game in Adelaide 8,000. As I said Adelaide has potential to host a NRL club but there is 5-10 years of hard work in front of them first. Or we could relocate a club and have Melbourne'esk no Jnrs, big losses and small fanbase for the first 10 years.

The last game in Adelaide was played with AO under heavy construction work and massively reduced capacity. Hardly "apples and oranges" given the last Perth game was at a completely unaffected Paterson's Stadium.

FMD between 14.7 klms to 17.2 klms is a bloody long way to throw a stone from Belmore Oval to ANZ

Redfern Oval is between 16.9 to 23.2 Klms from ANZ......not much diff there Deputy Dog
Belmore to ANZ is 10.7km.

Redfern Oval to ANZ is 16.6km.

Probably worth noting Redfern Oval to Allianz is only 3.1km too.

Just a little bit closer to home in terms of large stadia - and a bit more relevant to the area they're so passionate about representing.

***MH***

Bench
I remember when Adelaide came to Canterbury in 1997. They had these matchday pins for the event. I don't think they do these anymore.....

bul-a-bsl-ram.jpg

The last game in Adelaide was played with AO under heavy construction work and massively reduced capacity. Hardly "apples and oranges" given the last Perth game was at a completely unaffected Paterson's Stadium.

Belmore to ANZ is 10.7km.

Redfern Oval to ANZ is 16.6km.

Probably worth noting Redfern Oval to Allianz is only 3.1km too.

Just a little bit closer to home in terms of large stadia - and a bit more relevant to the area they're so passionate about representing.

Don`t think so Deputy Dawg

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

you must have a good throwing arm