What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Relocate the Bulldogs to Adelaide *

The Eagle

Juniors
How the f*ck were Brisbane robbed ffs??????????

Using the ideals he is Manly would've smashed the boughtdogs in the 2012 gf and were robbed by 15 of 17 of our f**king players playing like pentagonal f**king amputees (Head,2 legs,f**king arms,just a torsos played),the worst bit is we were still a shot til the last 20 f**king minutes!!!

LESStar58

Referee
I am a Melbourne fan, but if it was decided that the Dogs were kicked out of the comp, then sorry champ but Cronulla and Manly would be the first ones to get the boot. I can't believe you would even debate that lol.

I am actually of the opinion that the Dragons and 5ouff$ should be merged and relocated to Port Moresby...

Patorick

Staff member
To be fair, Brisbane were robbed. F@#KING SIMS! Melbourne played their grand final a week early int he last minute win over the broncos. I'm sure we would have knocked the eagles off if it wasn't for that dropped ball. F@#KING SIMS!!!

and you played melbourne without cameron smith. He might not have made 40 points difference but he sure would have kept it more respectable. and with him out the $1m over you've quoted was probably just his wage. so you were effectively on an even playing field.

The two worst outcomes possible from that '08 prelim.
1) Brisbane got knocked out, denying bennett the fairytale farewell he deserved
2) a spent melbourne rolled over and allowed that vermin from the north of the harbour to win a premiership.
A travesty of the highest order.
Two weeks early.

ShaneO85

Juniors
How the f*ck were Brisbane robbed ffs??????????

You seem to be suggesting that the Broncos deserved the 2008 GF and were robbed of the premiership.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Wow. Do they not understand sarcasm over brookvale way? Haha. Although i do believe we would have won the 08GF if we held onto the ball in the prelim. Brisbane don't lose GFs. The robbed was just hyperbole ya nuffies.

Lambretta

First Grade
Anything south of the Harbour Bridge is South Sydney though...........

Well if East Sydney is in South Sydney and Inner West Sydney is in South Sydney and South Sydney is West Sydney, then to borrow from Rugby League the musical, South Sydney really is everywhere.

PS If they ever go purely by the name "Souths" then South Townsville will be in danger as well

MSIH

Bench
Wow. Do they not understand sarcasm over brookvale way? Haha. Although i do believe we would have won the 08GF if we held onto the ball in the prelim. Brisbane don't lose GFs. The robbed was just hyperbole ya nuffies.

Sims saved Brisbane from a record Grand Final losing scoreline.

Lambretta

First Grade
I am actually of the opinion that the Dragons and 5ouff$ should be merged and relocated to Port Moresby...

f**k that - relocate the merged entity to Cronulla
There's plenty of room there for more teams

The kiddies will love it

In fact, every team in Sydney should relocate to Crounlla in some form of merged identity

Penrith to be merged with Easts as they have so much in common
Parramatta to be merged with some talented players so they stop being so f**king pitiful
Bulldogs to merge with Manly and be known as the Mullets - Des will be coach obviously
Wests Tigers and St George Illwarra to be known as TWIGS - and be sponsored by a garden centre
Crounlla and Sutherland who have already obviously merged will team up with the the Bears and Souths to be the man eating Bear naked fluffy bunnies. The man that will be eaten will have to have a strange persuasion indeed.

Eventually after years of inbreeding and more merging there will only be one super club left in Sydney. All hail the Sutherland Shire - the home of Rugby League.

ShaneO85

Juniors
f**k that - relocate the merged entity to Cronulla
There's plenty of room there for more teams

The kiddies will love it

In fact, every team in Sydney should relocate to Crounlla in some form of merged identity

Penrith to be merged with Easts as they have so much in common
Parramatta to be merged with some talented players so they stop being so f**king pitiful
Bulldogs to merge with Manly and be known as the Mullets - Des will be coach obviously
Wests Tigers and St George Illwarra to be known as TWIGS - and be sponsored by a garden centre
Crounlla and Sutherland who have already obviously merged will team up with the the Bears and Souths to be the man eating Bear naked fluffy bunnies. The man that will be eaten will have to have a strange persuasion indeed.

Eventually after years of inbreeding and more merging there will only be one super club left in Sydney. All hail the Sutherland Shire - the home of Rugby League.

Gold. Although careful, with 1 Super Club it sounds a little like Super League. Maybe a man of your vision is what was needed back in 95-97.

ShaneO85

Juniors
already owned up to the mistake of 2 weeks out from the GF. and like i said the sharkies wouldn't have stopped that 08 side. in any case. F@#KING SIMS! haha

Perth Red

Post Whore
Gold. Although careful, with 1 Super Club it sounds a little like Super League. Maybe a man of your vision is what was needed back in 95-97.

The idea has been around a lot longer than that

Prior to News Corporation's Super League proposal, the New South Wales Rugby League (NSWRL) and Australian Rugby League (ARL) had planned to rationalise the number of Sydney teams. In July 1986 The Daily Telegraph reported:
"Ken Arthurson has proposed a Super League... comprising four or five teams from Sydney, two from Brisbane, three New South Wales Country teams, Queensland Country and Auckland. You could amalgamate Manly/Northern Suburbs, Eastern Suburbs/Souths, Parramatta/Penrith and so on."

Loudstrat

Coach
already owned up to the mistake of 2 weeks out from the GF. and like i said the sharkies wouldn't have stopped that 08 side. in any case. F@#KING SIMS! haha
Simms - scapegoat. That hit from Manu would have split a Tiger Mk IV tank in two. Face it - you were sh*t.

ShaneO85

Juniors
Simms - scapegoat. That hit from Manu would have split a Tiger Mk IV tank in two. Face it - you were sh*t.

He'd played well all year for us but after that moment he was never the same player. Was a real shame, compounded by he and Tariq leaving for NQ later on. Simple fact of the matter is, if Sims holds that one ball the game is brisbane's. One of the greatest things about sport is the agony and the ecstasy of it all.

And while you attempt to get a bite with the very well constructed criticism of "you were shit", I'll point out to you that Brisbane were that shit they finished 5th while the Eels could only manage 11th. I don't need to rabbit on about the Eels as they have no bearing on the original point. If Sims holds the ball, brisbane beat the sharks, brisbane take on manly in the GF. Agree or not (obviously not) but that's my opinion. And this has naught to do with the Bulldogs relocating to Adelaide.

Loudstrat

Coach
Brisbane were sh*t compared to the eventual premiers. Melbourne beat them - and you cant live on "what ifs" and blame Sims. Nor should you resort to "your team was worse" - irrelevant and f*cking pointless. History is history mate. I'm sure Storm fans could throw you a sh*t load of "what ifs" from the 06 gf.

I just wish you'd give the credit to Manu, and not blame Sims. Or cant you face the fact that someone was better than you (in a collective sense - Ashton Sims s a scapegoat for the anger of everyone up their - I'll bet no one else in the side bar maybe Petero would have held the ball in that tackle)

firechild

First Grade

Noone looked remotely close to stopping Manly in 2008. 38-6 in week 1, 32-6 in the prelim and 40-0 in the GF. I don't think any team has ever been more dominant in a finals series. A total of 110 points scored while conceding just 2 converted tries. Brisbane wouldn't have come close.

Latest posts