What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reminders of your childhood

Willie Ray

Bench
Awesome post. There's about another dozen of those movies that also come to mind here..

But...

Fast times at Ridgemont high will always scream Phoebe Cates to me... as a teenager watching her get out of the pool..... ohhhhh man... straight in my 13 year old bank...

this is a frame i CAN post here...

MV5BZDYzODEyNmMtMGI2Yi00YzhhLWI0ODEtZGQ0NjdmM2RkY2Y1L2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUwNzk3NDc@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,1333,1000_AL_.jpg
I used to rent this movie back in the day and the scene where she climbed out of the pool and undid her top was always blurry and snowy...which I later found out was caused by all the young guys rewinding,pausing and slow motioning it endlessly(yep I was one of 'em)...
the same with the Sharon Stone scene in Basic Instinct.
good times

Life's Good

Coach
Wasn't only the ABC that shut down for the night, I live in a regional area the other side of the great divide and back then we only had 2 TV stations the ABC and a station based at Orange CBN 8, they closed around midnight with a religeous reading.
With the amount of content nowadays(albeit a lot of rubbish)it’s unthinkable a TV station would close.
A religious reading at the end, riveting stuff.

Parra

Referee
Wasn't only the ABC that shut down for the night, I live in a regional area the other side of the great divide and back then we only had 2 TV stations the ABC and a station based at Orange CBN 8, they closed around midnight with a religeous reading.

Channel 7's was well known

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
My kids have one each.

These were the best in high school. Teacher away so the head teacher would only pop in occasionally so we would hang out the window to have a smoke. We could see them coming but they couldn't see us.
The problem I had with these, growing up in the bush, was that they were basically ovens in summer, with one pissy fan on the room to ensure every kid cooked evenly.

Often when it hit 40+ degrees, the teacher would do the lesson outside in the shade of the building.

McLovin

Staff member
One of my earliest memories was being at the bowling alley on the site where Rockdale Plaza is. Must've been late 80s.

Latest posts