What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reminders of your childhood

horrie hastings

First Grade
Eating Rabbit pie as a kid, now nobody i know eats Rabbit.

I love rabbit but my better half doesn’t like it so if I want it I would have to cook it my self or order it when I go out if a restaurant has it on the menu, it s funny, used to be a really cheap meat but now it is almost gourmet status price wise.

horrie hastings

First Grade
It's funny as Souffs were named after the street peddlers who sold rabbits to the Redfern residents in the Depression, have they gone too up market now that they owned by a member of Hollywood royalty.

When we first moved from Paddington to Kingsford back at the end of 1970 there was still a van outside the pub at Kingsford which sold rabbit, it probably sold other things too but I remember the rabbit. Also when we still at Paddington I still remember one house getting ice deliveries from the ice man because they didn’t have an electric fridge, couldn’t tell you exactly what year it was but probably around 1966-67.

horrie hastings

First Grade
It's funny as Souffs were named after the street peddlers who sold rabbits to the Redfern residents in the Depression, have they gone too up market now that they owned by a member of Hollywood royalty.

The price of rabbit has gone up market too now because it is mainly a farmed product and not the wild ones being caught back earlier because of different introduced diseases to try and eradicate them now.

Parra

Referee
I love rabbit but my better half doesn’t like it so if I want it I would have to cook it my self or order it when I go out if a restaurant has it on the menu, it s funny, used to be a really cheap meat but now it is almost gourmet status price wise.

Yep. Poor man's chicken. A lot has changed.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Chocolate always disappeared first with the others hardly scratched

Yes my sister always liked the chocolate too but I would always have first dibs with the strawberry disappearing very fast. I remember from one of the old corner shops in Paddington you could buy a small Neapolitan bar and you unwrapped it and slid it into an ice cream cone that was shaped to fit the ice cream bar, shop used to run out of the Neapolitan ones a lot and have only vanilla ones left.

___

Juniors
kids-now-vs-90s-kids.png

T.S Quint

Coach
To be honest, I’ve never heard a kid say that they are bored when they have an iPad in front of them. They’d sit there for hours playing on it if they could.
The problem is when you take it away from them.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
I remember going to the big cinemas in George Street in Sydney back in early 1970s when Bruce Lee had Fists of Fury and Enter the Dragon.

After the movie was almost as good as the movie itself.

Dozens of uncoordinated Bruce Lees wannabees trying their best moves on the footpath and the road mostly ending up on their arse.