What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reminders of your childhood

El Diablo

Post Whore
Rubiksmagic.jpg

Rubiksmagic_solved.jpg

horrie hastings

First Grade
Southern Fried Chicken was on the menu through to the 80's.

Can you still get the boxes of cookies?

The fish didn’t last long but they did bring out a fillet of fish some time later, I remember the fish and chicken meals coming in red boxes back in the day, I think the diference between the burger and cheese burger and the deluxe burger and cheese burger was the deluxe versions had the pickle on them.. Not sure about the cookies, I haven’t set foot in a Maccas since the mid 90s, was so sick one day after having it so have never been bothered with it again and haven’t missed it since.

Last edited:

Leeds Lemonade and Tarax creaming soda.

In the double hole pop top cans.

The 750ml coke glass bottles too. Coke is better in glass imho.

I remember when plastic bottles first came out and they had the black plastic bases. The ad showed it falling out a paper shopping bag and bouncing down stairs and not beeaking.

In early 90s I remember Moove flavoured milks and they'd always do a ltd edition flavour in summer time.

683db92ab75414385985af2efd46e018.jpg

horrie hastings

First Grade
We had Bert’s soft drinks in the Shire. I rated the Snowette.

I remember Bert’s but don’t remember the Snowette, used to like Bert’s pineapple. Osbornes Portillo was one of my favourite flavours.
When we used to go up the coast for holidays I used to love the Saxbys ( made in Tarree )mandarin soft drink because it tasted liike mandarin, even up to about 10 years ago it still tasted like mandarin but they did something to the recipe and now it just tastes like sugar and water so I don’t bother with it anymore.