What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reminders of your childhood

___

Juniors
84267237.jpg

thorson1987

Coach

Works so well with me because it looks like the kid is playing Pokemon.

Could never do it on the drive to Adelaide in the car though, too many long stretches without any street lights and wasn't allowed to turn the interior light on. Coach trips were so much easier.

___

Juniors
Has it got bass boost and anti skip?
I can definitely see a Skip button there, don't know about bass boost. I remember one I had used to have shock-absorbents in it too when carrying the disc man in your pockets. However it would use up more battery.

___

Juniors
Works so well with me because it looks like the kid is playing Pokemon.

Could never do it on the drive to Adelaide in the car though, too many long stretches without any street lights and wasn't allowed to turn the interior light on. Coach trips were so much easier.
Yeah I remember that. Driving down to Canberra for school camp once and some guy had it and let me use it. He had a Booster Boy. Basically, you stick your actual hand-held Game Boy inside it, and it uses the device to run. It has an analogue arcade stick, bigger buttons, screen magnifier and lights to use at night. It was like a Game Boy on steroids lol.

booster_for_game_boy.jpg

TheFrog

Coach
Had a Walkman originally, replaced it with one of these (not this brand). It wasn't even half as good, jumped all the time even with the anti-skip thingy on, was like a brick to carry, and devoured batteries like no-one's business. MP3 players luckily weren't far away.

___

Juniors
Had a Walkman originally, replaced it with one of these (not this brand). It wasn't even half as good, jumped all the time even with the anti-skip thingy on, was like a brick to carry, and devoured batteries like no-one's business. MP3 players luckily weren't far away.
Yeah you're right. I used mine on and off for about 6 months... then went back to listening to the cassette walkman due to how much it would skip and chew through batteries. Within a year of that I bought an MP3 player though.

This would prove to be the last music device that I would buy as phones have since taken over.

mini_usb_flash_mp3_music_player_with_lcd_screen_fm_radio_zp3020580601414_2_.jpg

Speaking of walkmans and phones... who remembers the Sony Ericsson walkman phone?

13361.jpg

Last edited:

roofromoz

First Grade
Yeah you're right. I used mine on and off for about 6 months... then went back to listening to the cassette walkman due to how much it would skip and chew through batteries. Within a year of that I bought an MP3 player though.

This would prove to be the last music device that I would buy as phones have since taken over.

mini_usb_flash_mp3_music_player_with_lcd_screen_fm_radio_zp3020580601414_2_.jpg

Speaking of walkmans and phones... who remembers the Sony Ericsson walkman phone?

13361.jpg

I had something like that blue one around 2005ish. From memory, you would be lucky to get 30 songs on there.

Latest posts