What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reminders of your childhood

axl rose

Bench
Trap Door

DANNII_MINOGUE_PLAYBOY%2B-%2BOCTOBER%2B1995-589502.jpg

arl-front.jpg

Last edited:

myrrh ken

First Grade
The original home of the wardrobe malfunction. Had sideboobs on show well before anyone knew what sideboobs were.
Ahhhh the memories !

Read somewhere the contestants were just locals who signed up and not from the respective states. Illusion shattered.

AJB1102

First Grade

The times when I was always up at around 6 or 7 each morning. Playschool or seaseme street would end around 10 and this would play.

2004 you were a child?

I've seen you post about games from the 80's. Unless you share an account with your grandpa, respect mate. Clearly love the game and it's history.

I have no f**ken idea what your vid was haha

King hit

Coach
2004 you were a child?

I've seen you post about games from the 80's. Unless you share an account with your grandpa, respect mate. Clearly love the game and it's history.

I have no f**ken idea what your vid was haha

Yeah I'm a big fan of the history of the game and history in general. I love watching all the old games and forming my own opinions on them and reading from all the great league books. I got the grand finals from the 1970's as a christmas present.

Speaking of my grandad he was big part of my childhood. A truly loving, genuine, caring and big rugby league loving bloke who was one of the people who introduced me to Rugby League. We would watch the footy together, play golf together, he would take me out to historic sites around Toowoomba, take me out for drinks and lunches and would spend hours talking about our families, footy and life. It's truly sad he passed away in 2011 from cancer (f**k cancer)

We still go up to Toowoomba for ANZAC day every year as grandad loved the whole day since being an ex national service man. He would get up at 3.30 and meetup with all his old mates, we would catch with him at the dawn service then watch him march with pride throughout the main street of Toowoomba with the biggest smile on his face with people cheering him.

As I said before he loved Rugby League and adored Artie Beetson and Wally Lewis. I wish he was still alive so I can continue these memories of him and create more. Since 2013 the archives from all the old games have come out and I have collected them. If he was still alive I would take up the 80's origin with excitement and sit down with him and watch Artie led out his Queenslanders that night from 1980 together or watch Lewis charge down the ground in that inspiring 1989 triumph.

RIP grandad

Headless Chook

Juniors
Yeah I'm a big fan of the history of the game and history in general. I love watching all the old games and forming my own opinions on them and reading from all the great league books. I got the grand finals from the 1970's as a christmas present.

Speaking of my grandad he was big part of my childhood. A truly loving, genuine, caring and big rugby league loving bloke who was one of the people who introduced me to Rugby League. We would watch the footy together, play golf together, he would take me out to historic sites around Toowoomba, take me out for drinks and lunches and would spend hours talking about our families, footy and life. It's truly sad he passed away in 2011 from cancer (f**k cancer)

We still go up to Toowoomba for ANZAC day every year as grandad loved the whole day since being an ex national service man. He would get up at 3.30 and meetup with all his old mates, we would catch with him at the dawn service then watch him march with pride throughout the main street of Toowoomba with the biggest smile on his face with people cheering him.

As I said before he loved Rugby League and adored Artie Beetson and Wally Lewis. I wish he was still alive so I can continue these memories of him and create more. Since 2013 the archives from all the old games have come out and I have collected them. If he was still alive I would take up the 80's origin with excitement and sit down with him and watch Artie led out his Queenslanders that night from 1980 together or watch Lewis charge down the ground in that inspiring 1989 triumph.

RIP grandad
Nicely said mate.

AJB1102

First Grade

RIP grandad

Good on you, mate. Sounds like our grandads were almost the same bloke except mine was NSW and Saints man.