What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reminders of your childhood

axl rose

Bench
@horrie hastings

N4HaWwn.jpg

In the late 80s, early 90s...always remember the (Sydney) voice over guys doing the continuity over the closing credits, or the station indents of what was the line up of shows for that evening.

Here are Ch 7 samples...don't know who it is.

Then there was Ch 9 with Ken Sparkes.

Recorded here on a 2UE piece

Ads...

Why haven't companies like Coke, Maccas, KFC, cars, etc released DVDs of their ads?

Even when Australian laws meant the ads were made here, there were some classics made...

Most of them I could quote verbatim... And when that Ice cold coke hits the back of my throat...

Although the 1993/94 Always Coca Cola jingle shit me to tears.

Biggest crime was when the Feds opened up advertising. The whole industry in Australia basically went bung over night.

Anyway...a couple of Coke ads...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPobhSvXtDQ

axl rose

Bench
I can't think of the beer...Bush Tucker Man... two cans, per man, per day...

You remember that one?

Edit...

Fosters

Quality. I have a friend who worked as an ABC photographer for decades and he was always complaining that he could never get Les to show up. Very much set his own schedule. But at least he was the real deal.

Remember when dining-in for Pizza was a thing? (tuesday night all you can eat at Pizza Hut) and then it just wasn't anymore. Pretty easy to spot their old restaurant huts all over the place.

IGA-Frankston-Victoria-Australia.jpg

Last edited:

Das Gupta

Juniors
This one?

No sorry. This one was in the early to mid 90's. I saw it once. Had a little Parrot walking around I swear it was a toilet paper ad.
My late uncle claimed the bird they used was a family members. I wished I paid more attention back then and asked him about it. Always the way as you get older, you wish to find out more about your family but the older ones have passed on.

Last edited:
My pop and my nan's brothers use to sleep out for GF and Test match tickets.

Was there when Puig Aubert and the French played. 11 straight St George GFs.

He played 2nd Grade for St George and had to "trial" for 1sts. At the time, Ray Lindwall was Australian quick, and St George had another Australian quick and 2 other NSW quicks. Anyway...they put him through his paces. Selectors asked him how he felt afterwards and he smiled and replied "I think I'll be playing 2nd Grade this year". LOL. Never did make it to 1sts. He always laughed - saying: "The ball was whistling around." Swore blind he never saw a single ball bowled to him and that if he hit it, it was just luck. Was scarier in that net than in the war LOL.

Latest posts