What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reminders of your childhood

horrie hastings

First Grade
Makes sense. While I'm no expert with technology, I'd have thought it's pretty hard to get vinyl or a CD playing in an Ipod...

A lot of my songs on my IPOD were transferred over from CD. It’s funny when Napster and limewire were around I downloaded quite a few songs which were hard to get and some of them you can hear the crackle and scratches from the original vinyl they came from.

The age of music has run its course
Long haired girls and guys
Be different was the mantra
Be hip and young, aspire.

The geeks invaded with their tech
Their maths and loving code
Till they sold out themselves as soon as they could
To make money in the world

A fembot here, a greenie there
Causes all around
Mandible power for crabs
And the hard right think they’re profound.

The battle for resources
Is the truth of all you see
With different ideologies
Claiming history

Banks and politicians
Corporations are a bore
So too is fundamentalism
Of faiths to hate or perhaps adore.

Co vid messages make me sick
The caring of the banks
They don’t care much about me
With their evil interest rates.

Cash splash scomo, give away
To every decent cause
But I’ve missed out on a cent
During economic pause.

But I’m ready to pay more taxes
Raise the GST
Up the Medicare levy
For private health suckers like me!

Leigh Howlett

Juniors

WoW, 49 years down the track I've learnt something today, back in 1971 my older brother had the Lally Stott version on a K-Tel compilation album and for some reason I always assumed that Lally was from the US and Middle of The Road covered this for the UK version, what a funny clip, Lally barely lip synching and all the dreary old people on a dreary old Pommy day.

horrie hastings

First Grade
WoW, 49 years down the track I've learnt something today, back in 1971 my older brother had the Lally Stott version on a K-Tel compilation album and for some reason I always assumed that Lally was from the US and Middle of The Road covered this for the UK version, what a funny clip, Lally barely lip synching and all the dreary old people on a dreary old Pommy day.

Its funny, Lally Stotts got a lot of airplay here, i remember it more than Middle Of the Roads on the radio at the time.

R-4921363-1535706299-9481_jpeg.jpg th_cover_rear.jpg

Latest posts