What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reminders of your childhood

images

myrrh ken

First Grade
I'm annoyed that some heathen has put extra red ones in with some of the others in that pic.

I remember the satisfaction of packing them up and having them all squared away.

I remember when drinking from one of these as a kid (or any other bottled beverage) and seeing the 5 cent refund, I wondered why it was only ever in South Australia? Why not NSW.... or anywhere else...

I live here now, and there are bottle recyclers everywhere... a quick drive up the road with a load to get a refund of $10 or so.. and yet I still wonder why only in South Australia....

For me it’s now as ingrained as going to the shops to buy milk and bread. Drop your bottles off, make money...

horrie hastings

First Grade
I remember when drinking from one of these as a kid (or any other bottled beverage) and seeing the 5 cent refund, I wondered why it was only ever in South Australia? Why not NSW.... or anywhere else...

I live here now, and there are bottle recyclers everywhere... a quick drive up the road with a load to get a refund of $10 or so.. and yet I still wonder why only in South Australia....

For me it’s now as ingrained as going to the shops to buy milk and bread. Drop your bottles off, make money...

When I was growing up in Paddington back in the late 60s you would get refunds back on your soft drink bottles, you would just take them to the corner shop and get your money back. We lived near the Dunbar Hotel then and there was a brand of Lemonade they sold called Blue Bow, you couldn't refunds on those and of course we would find plenty of those being so close to the pub.