What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reminders of your childhood

Ok, let’s check the images and see if the panel can answer the questions!

Image 1
E9BD70E9-FEB8-40DC-A8B0-59112F0F0BF5.jpeg
This kid appeared in a very popular American Tv series, starring one of the most beautiful and generous actresses in tv history.

What’s the littles ones name?
Whats the show?
Name her tv mum?!

image 2
4F9AEBCB-3D05-4F77-917A-FD220BAECDF5.jpeg
Famous Australian tv presenter. Known for hosting an episode drunk and being unable to control a fit of humour while interviewing Sir Les Pattison

Name and tv show?

Next;

63BAE4E5-E44B-420B-88C0-362E08C3A406.jpeg
The strongest man in the world at the time was an Australian.

What is his name?

In a world used to arrogant and selfish athletes, he shocked us at the press conference. What did he say?

Neither Mike or Robert shared the marital bed with a member of the opposite sex?

I think that’s right.

I guess two dads on the Brady bunch would have been very progressive for the time.

These days, Carole would have to be a vegan alien child eating vampire Royal to get through to the final 6 for the audition.

Ok, let’s check the images and see if the panel can answer the questions!

Image 1
View attachment 46356
This kid appeared in a very popular American Tv series, starring one of the most beautiful and generous actresses in tv history.

What’s the littles ones name?
Whats the show?
Name her tv mum?!

image 2
View attachment 46357
Famous Australian tv presenter. Known for hosting an episode drunk and being unable to control a fit of humour while interviewing Sir Les Pattison

Name and tv show?

Already answered here..

But with Willessee I remember watching that live.. absolutely hilarious but for the life of me I cannot find any footage of it on the net anywhere...

Maybe channel 9 burned it. And anyone who recorded it must have done on vcr...

There’s only a few things I remember watching as a kid I haven’t seen again since that I’d love to - and this is one of them.

Already answered here..

But with Willessee I remember watching that live.. absolutely hilarious but for the life of me I cannot find any footage of it on the net anywhere...

Maybe channel 9 burned it. And anyone who recorded it must have done on vcr...

There’s only a few things I remember watching as a kid I haven’t seen again since that I’d love to - and this is one of them.

Maybe this might help on the you tube ( but I’m not sure about his drunk one lol):-

4477BD67-683D-4BE3-902B-647DBDC17542.jpeg

Sir Les can be extraordinarily filthy. Mike thinks this is Mikes last time on TV!

However gross and abhorrent the substance is, the jokes themselves are brilliant.

Last edited:
Ok- a bit of a twister for the panel but tempered by multiple choice.

Cyril Smith is a Penfolds factory carpenter in 1970 and earns about the average wage.

The Cortina has done a head gasket and he wants to buy a new car.

He settles on this brand and model which he thinks will be a good choice for the family.

FA3F5ECE-DEDE-460A-A412-5F09A8182EDA.jpeg
The one he is buying features air conditioning and a wireless (that’s a clue!)

Arrangements are made and he gets the loan through AVCO finance to buy it as he’s been going well paying off the Kelvinator and AWA Mono.

Mind you, AVCO are being a bit cautious. He’s at his limit!

Thence the night before taking delivery, he has a dream that he’s living in 2021 and a series of automotive choices invade his mind. These are displayed below.

The question for our esteemed panel is as follows:

Which car could Cyril not afford to buy with the loan he got for the beautiful Falcon based on his means relative to his 1970 salary but in 2021 dollars?

option (a):-
5CC3D4A2-6BE4-403F-963B-4CF9276ACED2.jpeg

option (b)
24C3AE3D-5945-4F23-878D-55996B86232C.jpeg

Option (c)

C5274BE6-EB0D-47A9-8720-49A4BE146910.jpeg

or option (d)
2A5F77B4-0DF9-4F19-9BC7-3A227F89FE66.jpeg

The panel is asked to take a swing at it without reference to car purchasing sites!

There are three models Cyril could drive away with had they been available in 1970, at 1970 prices, but sadly for him, Sharon and the kids, one would be beyond his means....

Which one are you going to suggest to Cyril that he can’t afford based on his income and tight finance?

For an extra bonus, an acquaintance of mine in the USA bought one of these last year. Clue: she runs a vet practice. Which one did she buy ? ( I won’t cheat!). I know that’s a twylight zone question but let’s see how you go. Who has the esp on tsp?!

Last edited:
And another memory test. Who the hell are these guys?:

DBC1C430-A420-4B50-9B93-FA16411A641B.jpeg

56CE4DAA-B626-4D43-B667-C3393CB26194.jpeg

And below, one of my top 5 favourite Australian sportspeople:

2B8DA8B5-F50D-43CB-B76B-A4AEBF5A492B.jpeg
She’s just outstanding. Took the guys on and thrashed us head to head. Legend.

First up is the Cattanooga Cats, second is Officer Dibble from Top Cat. Don't know who the girl is.

2 from 3 Jim. Going well.

Cattanooga and Top Cat, some of the greatest theme songs I felt. Kimba the white lion not far behind.

Have a crack for Cyril!

I think @horrie hastings dad had the falcon at one stage. Our neighbour had one. It was the pride of the neighbourhood. Melbourne’s far Western suburbs, when up to no good, we used to play in abandoned cars and pat horses over the fence we weren’t supposed to!

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member
I'll have a go for Cyril. I'd say he can't afford the Jeep. I'm assuming though that you have selected the srt variant. The price between variants is quite large.

For bonus points your vet friend bought a Defender.