What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retire the Alternative Strip

jonno_knights

Juniors
jonno knights, initially people were polite and accomodating with you. I've seen your posts over a couple of threads and thought you simply needed time to undertstand the notion of opposing opinions.

But here's the facts: This is the Dragons forum.

You don't support the Dragons, have never supported the Illawarra, you hate St George, you moved away from the Illawarra to live in Newcastle... and you support the Knights.

And you come in here telling us how to support our team.

But you go further, you even dictate the design of our jersey.

What's next? Would you like tell me where to live?

Piss off Jonno. You're dull, and thick to boot.

Haha, you are so off the mark its not funny. I'd posted in here about half a dozen times before the Cooper thread and this thread, so I'm not too sure where the polite and accommodating bit has come from. But im not too worried if people show angst towards me, I expect it, people have different views and it wouldn't be a very exciting place on here if everyone agreed. I dont want the Steelers name to die in the NRL, as it was a part of my childhood, the same way you want all the Dragons records from pre-1999 to continue on, and new benchmarks be set. I have no problem with that if its from a fans perspective, what I have a problem with is the lack of acknowledgment towards the Steelers, and I'm not the only one (see the 'Where are they now' article on Wishart).

Where did you get the idea I've moved away from the Illawarra? I still live in Shellharbour as I always have, go to UOW, study Engineering. I've found people use the intellect insult way too much on this forum, when they have no idea of the people on the other end. Maybe to make themselves feel better? i don't know. But I'm quite comfortable where Im heading.

Growing up in the 90s playing junior footy in the Illawarra I had a season pass to WIN stadium and watched the Steelers. I've owned a Wishart personalized jersey and grew up idolising him, Mary, Timmins, Barrett and co. So to say I've never supported them is another miss on your part.

And I thought this was a League forum. Whats wrong with sharing my views on other teams, I'm sure there are many on this forum who venture to other sub-forums when they have a view on something? Isnt Jubilee Avenue for Saints fans only, hence why you need approval to go in there.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Jonno, you are so full of yourself. :lol:

I tried to read your post, but it just looked like self-righteous crap. So I say again, just piss off.

Yep, that's right, you're not needed. Poor fella.

Bingerz

Juniors
At the risk of making this worse when i know we are all hurting right now...jonno's sentiments are what i was eluding to. The fact that a lot of people didn't continue their support when the merger came about. There is still a lot of this about, and what i was trying to suggest was that the Illawarra STYLE of jersey helps disenfranchised supporters to get back on board. Undoubtedly this will be howled down...but so be it.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
That'll do me, a Steelers supporter siding with a Knights supporter after a Dragons loss. Common ground = not St George supporters. Find a room fellas.

Simple question Bingerz, were you there when the Steelers were struggling for support in the mid 1990s?

(asked at the risk of 'making this worse')

Bingerz

Juniors
Yep...sure was. How about you read a little harder at what i just said...none of it is wrong.

Bingerz

Juniors
The sure was was not in reference to the hard on, but the Illawarra support of the 90s lol

Breathingfire

Juniors
I told this Knights supporter to get lost ages ago when he came on and starting telling us how to deal with Bennett leaving for the Knights. We can't stop you coming on here, but do the decent thing and just go away because you don't support the Dragons. I wouldn't dream of trolling over to the Knights forum to ram home my opinion on matters to do with their club. Why? Because its not necessary.

I can't understand why you are so passionate about the Illawarra being acknowledged and yet you don't even support the team???

If you could understand that the Steelers would more than likely be extinct if it wasn't for the Dragons, then you might understand why the JV heavily favors the St George side of the equation. We didn't need to merge but did so on the provision of a number of terms to which were agreed by the Steelers. To come a long when all is said and done and ask to eat the cake too, is a bit rich.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Perhaps you missed my question Bingerz, would you like me to ask again?

jonno_knights

Juniors
That'll do me, a Steelers supporter siding with a Knights supporter after a Dragons loss. Common ground = not St George supporters. Find a room fellas.

Simple question Bingerz, were you there when the Steelers were struggling for support in the mid 1990s?

(asked at the risk of 'making this worse')

I was there...but apparently ive never supported them...

Also the Steelers crowds were not much worse the Dragons in the late 90's.

The truth seems to hurt you Willow.

Simple question, do you think the Dragons would have won the 2010 grand final without the joint venture? would they have had the success they did in 1999 and throughout the past decade? personally I think not, and the premiership drought would still be rivaling Souths and Cronulla. You seem to have a hard time accepting the Illawarra side of the merger, but truth is they make up 50% of the club you support, and will continue to be in the future.

Another quick question, have you spent much time in the Illawarra region?

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Jonno. I wasn't talking to you troll, I was talking to the other troll.

You don't support the Dragons, stop pretending.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Benito Mussolini said:
You seem to have a hard time accepting the Illawarra side of the merger
lol. What utter crap. You invest a lot of energy into telling others how to think.

With you at the switch, I'm sure the trains would run on time.

jonno_knights

Juniors
A Shellharbour boy and you support Newcastle ? Please explain that ?

First jersey was a Knights jersey. And what does it matter what decision a 3 year old makes, fact is I've stood by them for the following 18 years.

Im pretty sure there are plenty of Dragons fans from outside Kogarah...