What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Return of gaz

dclayw

Juniors
Maybe this was a square up?

At any rate, it makes sense. Your club had everything to gain and nothing to lose from leaking it. Headlines for the sponsors, and if he signs, they look like geniuses, and he is the prodigal son returning home for love. He doesn't sign, and he looks like a greedy prick.
I can see you're despearatley hoping he signs for your team. How much did you offer "the greedy prick" ?

When Gaz did actually get on the field for us, he was a liability in defence.

How bad is going to be after mincing around in a french, pink yawnion blouse?

Scott + J Mozz/Cooper for mine.

Gaz had his chance and made his choice.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Maybe this was a square up?
:lol: The plot thickens.

Maybe, maybe not. Still a tale without any facts to back it up. Good yarn though... over a drink... or two... or more... maybe.

Of course, now you're just making it up as you go along.

macavity said:
At any rate, it makes sense. Your club had everything to gain and nothing to lose from leaking it. Headlines for the sponsors, and if he signs, they look like geniuses, and he is the prodigal son returning home for love. He doesn't sign, and he looks like a greedy prick.
It would only make sense for someone who wanted it to be the case. Reds under the beds stuff.

Nice try though.

Ribs

Bench
When Gaz did actually get on the field for us, he was a liability in defence.

How bad is going to be after mincing around in a french, pink yawnion blouse?

Scott + J Mozz/Cooper for mine.

Gaz had his chance and made his choice.

I agree..... I was happy at first but then when I keep hearing about this jeapordising the re-signing of Costigan, Smith, Cooper etc I think it's simply not worth it.

He had his chance and he didnt exactly win us much when we paid him too much last time he was here.

Enjoy Newcastle.

st.phil

Bench
our captain and coach seem to disagree

no chance he'll be at the knights. None - zero - zilch. Saints or union.

You've got it all wrong it's a done deal he WILL play for the Dragons in 2010 whether we win the title this year or not will determine if we sign him on for longer... that makes sense but dosent it? if we win it this year i couldnt give a f**k if we can't get Josh, let me tell you Brett Morris won't leave if he's just won a title..

i'd prefer to make a play for Inglis thats the biggest x-factor in the game...
the fact that we can get Gaz this year is whats enticing and why we probably will end up with him...

stay in yawnion spaz.

i'd rather creeping spend overs on a playmaker.

We want a PREMIERSHIP this year right? signing Gaz for the rest of he year is going to give us a much better chance.

You think Cooper Gronk is going to solve our playermaker problems?
what f**king playermaker problems we have the best halves combination in NRL with Boyd coming up throw Gaz in their will score points anywhere on the field...

macavity

Referee
Still a tale without any facts to back it up.
Of course, now you're just making it up as you go along.

I don't know why I bother with you.

I gave you a fact - the dragons leaked the story.

I don't see what is so controversial about that, but for some unknown reason you just have a go at me. Should have expected it given your history.

No skin off my nose, just thought I would share.

j0nesy

Bench
Esspecially with all this talk no one can afford Storm players who the hell is going to offer Gaz 400+ a year??

This is a really good point, and I hope we negotiate accordingly. Unless we have a heads up that there will be a change to the salary cap in coming seasons and back end his contract to suit.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I don't know why I bother with you.
Because you're curious about us mere mortals?

What's the view like from up there?
your cavity said:
I gave you a fact - the dragons leaked the story.
What 'fact'? lol. It's not a fact just because you heard it from a mate.

Sounds like pubtalk.
we all have a cavity! said:
I don't see what is so controversial about that, but for some unknown reason you just have a go at me.
Don't get sooky about it. You're baitable and that's entertainment. Just waiting for the inevitable meltdown.
hole a grudge cavity said:
Should have expected it given your history.
LOL! Here it comes. Please tell us more.
infected cavity said:
No skin off my nose, just thought I would share.
I know what you mean. I try to share my farts too. But no one ever appreciates it in the same way that I do.

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
stay in yawnion spaz.

i'd rather creeping spend overs on a playmaker.
$50K + $4K spending money each weekend that he shows up.

Let's do the math...

I wouldn't take that job. Actually, I would.

But it's cheap for Gaz.

One thing I do know, we shouldn't have a prop forward in the centres. Scott's injury showed how vulnerable we are there. I rate Prior, but at the moment I'm having nightmares about Brent Kite being moved into centres by Brownie. It didn't work, but he stuck with it. And it didn't work again. Dejavu.

If we can get a real centre in the squad for the rest of this year, it'll shore up our depth in that position.

It could be worse, they might use Gaz at five eighth. lol

gregstar

Referee
i doubt spaz would play for this year only.

i'd imagine he'd only do the 50k+ thingy provided there is a 2 season attachment at the cost of america's debt.

the only factor that makes me curious is to see what he'd do under creeping's guidance.

but if getting spaz means losing 3 solid players, i can't agree with it.

i could handle losing 3 solid first graders if we were signing a smith, a thurston or an inglis.

Willow

Assistant Moderator

i'd imagine he'd only do the 50k+ thingy provided there is a 2 season attachment at the cost of america's debt.

the only factor that makes me curious is to see what he'd do under creeping's guidance.

i could handle losing 3 solid first graders if we were signing a smith, a thurston or an inglis.
Hard to argue with that.

Keep in mind that he can't play for another NRL club unless we agree.

I guess we'll just have to see how it pans out. Perhaps a second year option decided by the club would give him the right incentive.

Under creeping, anything is possible.

while he has some attacking flair I'm not sure his defensive weakness would contribute positively to the team given the problems we've currently got out wide.

PS - certainly not with the price tag being thrown around

Last edited:

SilentAssassin

Juniors

I agree with Smith and Thurston. Gasnier is every bit as good as Inglis when he's on his game.

Latest posts