What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Return of gaz

Divine

Bench
I don't think he's sitting at home eating donuts but I doubt if he's training with the squad just yet.

Cagey Mac

Bench
20 days till signing deadline for 2010....What Gasnier lost his pen?

It appears to be a manageable but tough task given that there will be multiple lower cost 3rd party sponsors. Hope they can pull it off in time

It will be an interesting fit given we have two current SOO centres, Tagive and Stanley in the wings and two internationals on the wings

It never rains but it pours!

TheRev

First Grade
It will be an interesting fit given we have two current SOO centres, Tagive and Stanley in the wings and two internationals on the wings

Yeah this is my thoughts too, although Scott is playing Centre for NSW (some-how), he is not in my top 2 choices for the Dragons....a 'centre' can be strong in defense (Scott is exceptional here), but I would also expect them to make breaks, step past defenders and score tries, and semi-regularly draw in the opposition winger, and put away Morris/Nightingale in the corner.

But.. when Cooper circums to an injury, Stanley seems to have regular injuries, Tagive we have barely seen on the field, Gasnier is injury-prone (if we even get him), and Scott is playing in the 2nd row, it is quite likely we would need every bit of that depth at some point.. much depends on the young kids like Stanley & Tagive, and if they have the talent to really push on the experienced players.

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
Yeah this is my thoughts too, although Scott is playing Centre for NSW (some-how), he is not in my top 2 choices for the Dragons....a 'centre' can be strong in defense (Scott is exceptional here), but I would also expect them to make breaks, step past defenders and score tries, and semi-regularly draw in the opposition winger, and put away Morris/Nightingale in the corner.

But.. when Cooper circums to an injury, Stanley seems to have regular injuries, Tagive we have barely seen on the field, Gasnier is injury-prone (if we even get him), and Scott is playing in the 2nd row, it is quite likely we would need every bit of that depth at some point.. much depends on the young kids like Stanley & Tagive, and if they have the talent to really push on the experienced players.

Looks like another fire sale to the Bulldogs.....They are always eager to take Dragon cast offs

feral dragon

Juniors
Oh well send him to shell harbour to regain match fitness.
The bottom line is, he cant just waltz back in to first grade and expect every thing to fall in to place, in regards to defensive structure and when he will only be taking 50,000 out of the salary cap for this season, the bench is the perfect place for him especially coming into the game after Scott has done all the early hard work that he loves doing. Gasnier off the bench in the second half should net him a try or 2 or 3, the permutations are endless.

saint-colesy

Juniors
Oh well send him to shell harbour to regain match fitness.
The bottom line is, he cant just waltz back in to first grade and expect every thing to fall in to place, in regards to defensive structure and when he will only be taking 50,000 out of the salary cap for this season, the bench is the perfect place for him especially coming into the game after Scott has done all the early hard work that he loves doing. Gasnier off the bench in the second half should net him a try or 2 or 3, the permutations are endless.

Why not?

watatank

Coach
Scott to second row when Gasnier comes off the bench...

But Gasnier shouldn't really be coming off the bench, as someone said it's just a waste when we are going to so much trouble to have him on board.

mightydragon

Juniors
Gasnier won't be coming off the bench. I think Beau will go to the back row and Nev will be used as an impact player from the bench.

feral dragon

Juniors
st colesy
He is a proven dud, when it comes to reading the defence lines he should be taking. Good coaching will fix that problem but it will take a few games to get it right. Hence, starting him from the bench. By the way, I haven't said he should be a permanent fixture on the bench.

watatank

Who says the dragons are going to a lot of trouble to get him back, last I heard he had to play for the Dragons or sit on the side lines

Read in the paper yesterday, that the nrl will make a concession, beyond the june 30 deadline, for the Dragons to have him play for them. Coupled with the fact, that he can only play a certain amount of games for us, this season, I would rather(if assumptions really must be made), assume that management is just sitting back with a face splitting grin playing the waiting game

konk4

Juniors
I think they`ll announce his return for the Monday night Panthers game. Pump up the interest and draw a bigger crowd for a Monday night Home game at Kogarah. There will be plenty of interest in his first comeback match. No use wasting it on an away game.