What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Revenue for NRL Clubs (2018-2021)

Where you alive between 1995-99?

Sounds like you didnt learn anything from history
I was born in the mid-80s. All the bullshit NSWRL folk say about Super League is easy to refute. I was alive to see what happened.

I've read detailed accounts of what happened behind the scenes. Much of it has been detailed in Neil Cadigan's book, which I've transcribed on this forum for people like you to read. I implore you to go to that post and read it. You'll learn something.

siv

First Grade
I was born in the mid-80s. All the bullshit NSWRL folk say about Super League is easy to refute. I was alive to see what happened.

I've read detailed accounts of what happened behind the scenes. Much of it has been detailed in Neil Cadigan's book, which I've transcribed on this forum for people like you to read. I implore you to go to that post and read it. You'll learn something.
Yes read that and the court cases transcripts which show the rest if the story

80,000 people marched to voice their opinion

PMT won the pay-tv war using RL & Ribot as pawns to overturn the government decision

We no longer have 14 teams, Broncos monopoloy on Brisbane has been broken and Brisbane 2, Gold Coast, Manly, Souths all returned

If the ARL did not go to 20 teams there would not be a Cowboys team today

Pneuma

First Grade

Pneuma

First Grade
I’m beginning to think you are a master troll & have hooked us all .
congrats if that’s the case .
But
If you are serious then seek help .
turnoff yourPC & gotalk to someone .
your fantasies aren’t happening .
no clubs are getting cut .
Singapore has as much chance as Mars of getting a team.

when your only support on here is some other bitter old Pommy Knob who bitches all day then that should be a wake up call .
He’s not a troll. He’s serious. Sad but true.

MugaB

Coach
I’m beginning to think you are a master troll & have hooked us all .
congrats if that’s the case .
But
If you are serious then seek help .
turnoff yourPC & gotalk to someone .
your fantasies aren’t happening .
no clubs are getting cut .
Singapore has as much chance as Mars of getting a team.

when your only support on here is some other bitter old Pommy Knob who bitches all day then that should be a wake up call .
Logan, Perth and Singapore needs teams... until that happens this circke jerk of hate will continue

videotogif_2022.12.24_01.05.33.gif

Yes read that and the court cases transcripts which show the rest if the story

80,000 people marched to voice their opinion

PMT won the pay-tv war using RL & Ribot as pawns to overturn the government decision

We no longer have 14 teams, Broncos monopoloy on Brisbane has been broken and Brisbane 2, Gold Coast, Manly, Souths all returned

If the ARL did not go to 20 teams there would not be a Cowboys team today
The ARL shouldn't have admitted the Cowboys in 1995 under those stipulations. The whole expansion process was flawed and set all four clubs up to fail. It may not have been the ARL's intent for the expansion clubs to fail, but the conditions forced upon them were so harsh it was inevitable that the teams would fold. It provided an opening for Murdoch to exploit, which he did. You cannot blame three of the four expansion clubs signing with News Ltd to survive, especially when three Sydney clubs did the exact same thing despite not having to bear the same financial burdens.

What happened to our game was inevitable because the ARL's poorly thought out affiliation with Packer kept it in the semi-professional era when other games were going professional. It was only a matter of time until some one like Murdoch came along and provided enough funds to make the game fully professional. Packer whinged like a wanker despite doing the exact same thing to the Australian Cricket Board less than 20 years earlier.

Spare me the emotional rant about 80k marching for the Elmer Fudds. The only season the Elmer Fudds drew more than 20k to their games was 2013.

Why don't the 80k who marched actually attend games?

Most years since their return they’ve averaged between 10k and 15k.

Sydney could hold four games in a round and draw less than 80k through the gate.

Last edited:

siv

First Grade
The ARL shouldn't have admitted the Cowboys in 1995 under those stipulations. The whole expansion process was flawed and set all four clubs up to fail. It may not have been the ARL's intent for the expansion clubs to fail, but the conditions forced upon them were so harsh it was inevitable that the teams would fold. It provided an opening for Murdoch to exploit, which he did. You cannot blame three of the four expansion clubs signing with News Ltd to survive, especially when three Sydney clubs did the exact same thing despite not having to bear the same financial burdens.

What happened to our game was inevitable because the ARL's poorly thought out affiliation with Packer kept it in the semi-professional era when other games were going professional. It was only a matter of time until some one like Murdoch came along and provided enough funds to make the game fully professional. Packer whinged like a wanker despite doing the exact same thing to the Australian Cricket Board less than 20 years earlier.

Spare me the emotional rant about 80k matching for the Elmer Fudds. The only season the Elmer Fudds drew more than 20k to their games was 2013.

Most years since their return they’ve drawn anywhere between 10k and 15k.

Sydney could hold four games in a round and draw less than 80k through the gate.
And there would have no SL War if PMT was allowed to operate Foxtel in the first place

And there would have no SL War if PMT was allowed to operate Foxtel in the first place
Packer paid $0 for the pay TV rights. Less than 20 years earlier he created World Series Cricket because the ACB underpaid the players. He knew better than anyone what would happen if he kept the game semi-professional. In 1995 the players were lucky to earn about 30k a season and needed to hold down a day job. Packer was greedy and thought no one else would do to him what he did to the ACB.

Wb1234

Immortal
I’ve e only been there once. Pretty amazing that joint. And yes I lost!
I was at reactor one way alway back in the 90s

we copped so many stares being from the inner west if Sydney

tried to go there when they won the gf in 03 but it was too packed

indeed that was a ritual trying to go to the leagues club after clubs won (for the Sydney teams)

Iamback

Coach
I was at reactor one way alway back in the 90s

we copped so many stares being from the inner west if Sydney

tried to go there when they won the gf in 03 but it was too packed

indeed that was a ritual trying to go to the leagues club after clubs won (for the Sydney teams)

9am GF day the place was full no one else could get in this year. Good times

Canard

Immortal
You make a lot of dumb assumptions, yet you never bother to provide any evidence to back them up.

If you bothered to read the annual reports I linked to on the first page of this thread you would know the Bulldogs make f**k all money from ticketing, membership, sponsorship and corporate hospitality.

You're a lazy and ignorant moron who sits back and makes baseless school yard insults because that's the only thing a hillbilly like you can comprehend.

Knock off the strawman arguments. My post said a 15k to 18k rectangular stadium could be built in exchange for a full time Queensland Cup team and four to five NRL games. It doesn't mean other rugby league, rugby union and soccer matches wouldn't be played at the venue to help draw tourism to the NT. There are advanced plans for Mackay to have something similar in a small regional city that doesn't have an NRL team.

I suppose you think the people behind those plans are marijuana enthusiasts?

What's your stupid obsession with drugs?

Here's the all-time attendance records for teams who've competed in the NSWRL/ARL/Super League/NRL.

Bulldogs sit in eleventh spot. Hardly a well attended team.

So the 11th team in terms of all time attendance is unviable?

What about membership numbers?

A tiny territory government is not going to invest $250M in a stadium, this is a ludicrous pipe dream.

f**k we can barely convince NSW and QLD to invest in more then 4 decent stadia, why the f**k would one of the most disadvantaged places in the country have to carry the can?

It's a stupid statement and you should feel stupid for making it.

So the 11th team in terms of all time attendance is unviable?

You said they're one of the biggest drawing teams. They ain't. They don't even have a suitable stadium.

What about membership numbers?

They're not making much money from them.

A tiny territory government is not going to invest $250M in a stadium, this is a ludicrous pipe dream.

Who said anything about $250m?

I never said they would invest $250m in a stadium.

The construction of Dolphin Oval didn't cost $250m. It cost the Dolphins just $24m, which is less than one-tenth of the amount you plucked out of your arse. Try responding to what was written instead of putting words into my mouth.

f**k we can barely convince NSW and QLD to invest in more then 4 decent stadia, why the f**k would one of the most disadvantaged places in the country have to carry the can?

Argue your strawman all.you like. I never said they would need to invest $250m to create a replica of Parramatta Stadium. They can do it for just $24m, which is what Redcliffe did.

It's a stupid statement and you should feel stupid for making it.

I never made the statement.

What's stupid is how you read things that weren't said and then base your response to what you imagined. You should see a doctor about that.

Pneuma

First Grade
You said they're one of the biggest drawing teams. They ain't. They don't even have a suitable stadium.

They're not making much money from them.

Who said anything about $250m?

I never said they would invest $250m in a stadium.

The construction of Dolphin Oval didn't cost $250m. It cost the Dolphins just $24m, which is less than one-tenth of the amount you plucked out of your arse. Try responding to what was written instead of putting words into my mouth.

Argue your strawman all.you like. I never said they would need to invest $250m to create a replica of Parramatta Stadium. They can do it for just $24m, which is what Redcliffe did.

I never made the statement.

What's stupid is how you read things that weren't said and then base your response to what you imagined. You should see a doctor about that.
Potato