What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Revenue for NRL Clubs (2018-2021)

Mate your user name is get rid of the Donkeys yet they are apparently your second favourite team, why would anyone engage with a honest debate with you???

I’ve seen some crazy merkins posting in here but you are top tier.

Well done.
Mate it’s batshit crazy .
He posted awhile ago that QLDers should have the Broncos as their second team .
most Fans I know detest them & would have any of the other 15 clubs as a second team before them .
That is how warped his thinking is with his anti Syd crap running what few brain cells are in his engine from .

Mate your user name is get rid of the Donkeys yet they are apparently your second favourite team, why would anyone engage with a honest debate with you???

I’ve seen some crazy merkins posting in here but you are top tier.

Well done.
A baseless ad-hominem attack isn't an argument. But since it's the only form of communication you understand, I'll use one too. You're just a regular knuckle dragging moron and have nothing of value to offer the thread. Now f**k off and go play with your Tonka trucks.

Some interesting data in the NRL Expansion Analysis that was commissioned by several NRL clubs.

On p27 of the report, a club needed to generate $10m per annum from football operations to get by in 2021.

ExpensesCost
Player Wages and Oncosts
$9,200,000​
Wages and Oncosts
$4,800,000​
Event, Game and Sponsor Expenses
$1,600,000​
Other Staff Expenses
$1,300,000​
Administrative Expenses
$1,100,000​
Marketing Expenses
$1,100,000​
Other Expenses
$4,500,000​
Total
$23,600,000​

$13,600,000 was provided by the annual grant from the ARLC. The rest of the money has to come from sponsorship, corporate hospitality, merchandise, ticketing and membership.

Going by the figures from the annual reports, Bulldogs and Sharks wouldn't have been able to generate the $10,000,000 needed from football operations. I would be surprised if the Sea Eagles, Dragons and Tigers fared any better.

Last edited:

siv

First Grade
Some interesting data in the NRL Expansion Analysis that was commissioned by several NRL clubs.

According to the report, a club needed to generate $10m per annum to get by in 2021.

ExpensesCost
Player Wages and Oncosts
$9,200,000​
Wages and Oncosts$4,800,000
Event, Game and Sponsor Expenses$1,600,000
Other Staff Expenses$1,300,000
Administrative Expenses$1,100,000
Marketing Expenses$1,100,000
Other Expenses$4,500,000
Total$23,600,000
[/td]

$13,600,000 was provided by the annual grant from the ARLC. The rest of the money has to come from sponsorship, corporate hospitality, merchandise, ticketing and membership.
And Leagues Club grants

Canard

Immortal
Do you have an actual argument regarding the thread, or are you chucking a tantrum because I used data from the annual reports to prove your Eels are beneath the Broncos and Cowboys?

You obviously have a massive chip on your shoulder and never grew up.

Northern Territory fielded a team in the Winfield Statewide League in the early 90s.

Sutherland only has 220k residents.

How is that in anyway a rebuttal to my statement regarding funding a stadium in 2022?

Darwin and the NT, are not sensible places to invest millions on stadia. There are far more higher priorities