What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Revenue for NRL Clubs (2018-2021)

Munky

Coach
That article mentioned parra leagues is spending 5 million on a new dining area

I don’t know why they all don’t do nightclubs, gyms, hotels etc

Because actual hospitality and entertainment is a hard business to be successful long term.

Pokies are a cheat code, especially historical licences. A literal built in no risk profit margin.

The directors of a club need to actually have business nous rather than just let the pokie money flow and give their private businesses inflated cleaning, catering, construction contracts etc.

My local bowlo tried a redevelopment to move away from pure pokie den and failed so miserably the bank who financed the construction took a 50% hair cut.

New management came in, acquired more licences and turned the two function rooms into pokie areas.

Think how bad you need to be to lose money on an income tax exempt entity with free pokie money.

Canard

Immortal
Nor would darwins, they’ve already got a 10k rectangular venue with a 1200 seat stand and some corporate facilities. We are talking an upgrade not a new stadium.
So nrl doesn’t have to be played at that sht oval?

The NT Govt doesn't give a shit about this though, and the argument for it becomes very tenous when you talk an about how few games would be played there.

Multi purpose would be the best investment in this instance

Let's establish good will by spending millions for a 12k stadium that's used 4 or 5 times???

It's just not a well thought out idea

Are you incapable of following a discussion or are you just a troll?

In my earlier posts I said it could accommodate a Queensland Cup team. It could also be leased to other sports such as soccer and rugby union.

There's currently a proposal to build a $300m oval stadium in Darwin that will not host games for a prospective Darwin team at the start of the season due to it being too wet. Those games will be played in Alice Springs.

Dolphin Oval is only holding three NRL games next year. Last time I checked three is less than four.

Pneuma

First Grade

In my earlier posts I said it could accommodate a Queensland Cup team. It could also be leased to other sports such as soccer and rugby union.

There's currently a proposal to build a $300m oval stadium in Darwin that will not host games for a prospective Darwin team at the start of the season due to it being too wet. Those games will be played in Alice Springs.

Dolphin Oval is only holding three NRL games next year. Last time I checked three is less than four.
Potato

hineyrulz

Post Whore

3 is less than 4, absolute genius insight. You are a Mensa candidate you really are.

Pneuma

First Grade
I’m trying to catch up on this thread

Best I can make out so far is some Donkey who is best mates with SHREK from Perth is using a pitch fork digging up potato’s in Singapore and then taking them to Logan to sell in some red headed old bag’s fish n chip shop.

Close?
Pretty spot on. He and the whinging Pom make the perfect couple.

I’m trying to catch up on this thread

Best I can make out so far is some Donkey who is best mates with SHREK from Perth is using a pitch fork digging up potato’s in Singapore and then taking them to Logan to sell in some red headed old bag’s fish n chip shop.

Close?
And already franchising the fish and chip shop into Darwin.

Unfortunately, the Cowboys accept more revenue from sponsorship deals with alcohol companies than any other NRL.

I would love it if alcohol was prohibited at the football.

I have been a non-drinker my entire life because I've seen the damage it causes. One of the reasons I stopped going to games is because the best seats are "licenced". There's nothing worse than sitting in a section where drunks walk up and down the stairs to get another cup of piss. They're a nuisance who disrupt the viewing experience for those around them. Everyone in the row they're sitting in has to make way for the selfish pricks.

Thats actually quite a humbling post by the Donko.
Respect.

Edit: even though I'm more often than not one of those considered a "nuisance"

Pneuma

First Grade
Unfortunately, the Cowboys accept more revenue from sponsorship deals with alcohol companies than any other NRL.

I have been a non-drinker my entire life because I've seen the damage it causes. One of the reasons I stopped going to games is because the best seats are "licenced". There's nothing worse than sitting in a section where drunks walk up and down the stairs to get another cup of piss. They're a nuisance who disrupt the viewing experience for those around them. Everyone in the row they're sitting in has to make way for the selfish pricks.
You sound like a sanctimonious bore

The Temperance League of Logan .
Lets outlaw drinking & Gambling.
That’d go down well .lol

Perth Red

Post Whore
Never understood why people drink at games. Usually sht mid strength at twice the normal price that you que and miss half the game for. Except at Suncorp where I could get a Bundy out of the optic, non of that pre mixed rubbish,. That was a good night!

Never understood why people drink at games. Usually sht mid strength at twice the normal price that you que and miss half the game for. Except at Suncorp where I could get a Bundy out of the optic, non of that pre mixed rubbish,. That was a good night!
It was better when they sold cans at Lang Park.

mongoose

Coach
Suncorp has a few options. The Fanatics bar has full strength beer. Sometimes they have a stand that sells craft beers on the top tier.