What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reyno out for 4 months

alien

Referee
Bad luck it seems for you Cisco just when you thought you can rest most days in your arm chair with the blanket over your knees in the Souffs fans retirement home in Redfern -Uncle Joe wants you and other pensioners to start a new career and start working again.

Looks like the only time people will retire now is when they go to bed or get placed in a wooden box for burial or cremation.

McDonalds/KFC/Shopping centres are alway looking for oldies to sweep the floor/clean the tables and toilets etc- need to start at bottom and work your way up though.

i hear there is a new hotel lobby security position opening. do you know anything about that???

Rabbits20

Immortal
We missed Adam so much in the match.

Hope he's back in 6 weeks.

Adam is irreplaceable in our squad.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Reyno is a massive loss it showed last night. Why the dogs fans think they were hard done by has me scratching my head. Surely they'd take a loss over losing their Halfback for 6 weeks? I guess you can never reason with some fans though. Hopefully we get Adam back soon as possible!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Reyno is a massive loss it showed last night. Why the dogs fans think they were hard done by has me scratching my head. Surely they'd take a loss over losing their Halfback for 6 weeks? I guess you can never reason with some fans though. Hopefully we get Adam back soon as possible!

Agreed.

ram raid

Bench
I thought Keary tried hard and showed some potential. He really took control which shows he has some balls. His kicking game has a long way to go though.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I thought Keary tried hard and showed some potential. He really took control which shows he has some balls. His kicking game has a long way to go though.

Kicking game has too improve this week. We need grubber kicks which force repeat sets.

Won't be easy though as we all know how windy it can get at Cronulla.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Any update on reynolds? Or even Sutton? I know people hate Sutton on 5-8th but I think his needed their ASAP. It's not a long term solution, and keary/reynolds is still our number 1 combo but we need to stop looking to far ahead and just worry about racking up enough wins so we are in a finals position when Reyno is back. Inglis has to be at fullback, he is miles ahead of johnston as a fullback and we lose to much not having him there. Sutton won't win us a premiership but he might help us be in a good enough position for when reynolds can take back over

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Any update on reynolds? Or even Sutton? I know people hate Sutton on 5-8th but I think his needed their ASAP. It's not a long term solution, and keary/reynolds is still our number 1 combo but we need to stop looking to far ahead and just worry about racking up enough wins so we are in a finals position when Reyno is back. Inglis has to be at fullback, he is miles ahead of johnston as a fullback and we lose to much not having him there. Sutton won't win us a premiership but he might help us be in a good enough position for when reynolds can take back over
Said the same thing 3 weeks ago. Sutto to 5/8 is a MUST. Agree with everything else you've said too.

doyen

Bench
A game of RL has to be watchable.

Sths are a rabble at present--we even had GI feeding the scrum--the coach seems to have panicked with a couple of injuries & has no idea where to turn.

If JS is playing 5/8 the game as a spectacle will be completely ruined---back to the dull old grind.
Look,we may win a few games but it will be like watching paint dry--no thanks.

Is Madge desperate enough to come at that??

He picked McInnes at 5/8 & he basically played no role there.

I note that Sths don't have one player in the JNR Kangas or Kiwis.

I also note that top Jnrs offloaded when Madge came along have been given rep jumpers with other clubs.ie.Roberts,Peats--Mansour!!
We need to be careful of the short-term results & pay more attention to our Jnrs who are our long-term future!!

We may be waiting another 43 yrs with that mentality.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal

Good post mate and I fully agree.

Johnston was too hot and cold at fullback today and what disappointed me was he only made 1 from 6 tackles. Missing 5 tackles isn't good enough. On kick returns AJ doesn't get as many metres as GI which means our sets don't start off as much on the front foot. AJ tends to run across field at times too much, I don't mind it occasionally but not regularly like he does.

At present I think AJ is best suited to wing.

Sutton at 5/8 has worked in the past and his experience will take some pressure off Keary. Some Souths supporters carry on about exciting football, I don't care if we're winning and it's not flash. Souths have to go back to basics and what Sutton does in the 6 jersey is much needed. Sutton offers a reasonable kicking game too which will help.

Rabbits20

Immortal
A game of RL has to be watchable.

Sths are a rabble at present--we even had GI feeding the scrum--the coach seems to have panicked with a couple of injuries & has no idea where to turn.

If JS is playing 5/8 the game as a spectacle will be completely ruined---back to the dull old grind.
Look,we may win a few games but it will be like watching paint dry--no thanks.

Is Madge desperate enough to come at that??

He picked McInnes at 5/8 & he basically played no role there.

I note that Sths don't have one player in the JNR Kangas or Kiwis.

I also note that top Jnrs offloaded when Madge came along have been given rep jumpers with other clubs.ie.Roberts,Peats--Mansour!!
We need to be careful of the short-term results & pay more attention to our Jnrs who are our long-term future!!

We may be waiting another 43 yrs with that mentality.

With the cap though it's hard to keep most of your juniors anyway.

McInnes would be greatly exposed at 5/8 in defence which is why Madge didn't play him there.

McInnes is a hooker and unfortunately as Issac is an 80min player McInnes will leave.

Doyen, Souths need to go back too the grind, even if it's boring too watch. I reckon with Sutton at 6 it helps Keary's game too and we will start winning some games.

Sutton is a leader in the team and no doubt Madge will be looking forward to having him offer much needed leadership, guidance and a calming influence in the halves.

doyen

Bench
Even the commentators are laughing at RL now.

It's becoming quite ridiculous---as I said;almost unwatchable.

Today we had a ref call a player back about 30m to play the ball.

GI feeding the scrum,Issac packing in at lock,props taking the ball at first receiver from the scrum--some of the players who played real RL would be turning in their graves with disgust!!

DiegoNT

First Grade
You know what's more exciting then 'beautiful football? Finals football! If it takes 15 straight round of souths doing nothing but dummy half scoots to get into the finals then I'd be fine with that. The best game of football I've seen in the last 5 years was the roosters vs eagles semi final in 2013 that ended 4-0. It was tough simple football with 2 teams (who I both hate) relying solely on the will to win. Id take that over flashy 'beautiful' football any day

Last edited:

Latest posts