What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Quits !!!

Frenzy.

Immortal
I find it very odd jackal. Not surprising at all but odd. Then again, maybe the tight rope someone is on has been tightened further

Inferno

Coach
On this occassion it has legs. No comment in any media outlet from Irvine toward Ricky leaving.

How odd is that??????

Fair point Jackal. I am sure I did hear a comment from Irvine somewhere, something along the lines of how we've tried big name coaches in the past and it hasn't worked.

Perhaps the club feels Sticky is leaving them in the lurch, tele today stated he didn't even rock up to tell the board personally he was leaving, he left it to his manager Fordham.

jackal

Juniors
Fair point Jackal. I am sure I did hear a comment from Irvine somewhere, something along the lines of how we've tried big name coaches in the past and it hasn't worked.
Irvine has not commented anywhere on Sticky leaving - that is beyond odd. As for his comment on big name coaches, to contradict his context im sure he wouldn't knock back a Wayne Bennett.

Inferno said:
Perhaps the club feels Sticky is leaving them in the lurch, tele today stated he didn't even rock up to tell the board personally he was leaving, he left it to his manager Fordham.
:lol: - may i refer up a couple of posts...

Inferno said:
I've heard otherwise, don't believe everything you read in the Tele.
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showpost.php?p=6624568&postcount=320

jackal

Juniors
So, summarising Ricky talking about the club tonight...

Ricky stated he can handle losing. So it was not the on-field results that has brought his decision to fruition, so what was the reason for it being right for the club and RS?

Has full support of the players, so who doesn't support him?

Fisk is doing an excellent job, he is saving the club.

Obviously a lot of respect for the CEO, can handle losing, has the respect of the players - so why is he leaving?

They wanted him to quit on the spot. They, obvioulsy is the administration.

What type of confidence does that instill in the supporters? Who makes these decisions? How many coaches have not fulfilled their agreed tenure at the club?

jc155776

Coach
Ricky Still disgruntled it seems.

Of course Ricky woudl say Fisk is saving the club, its one his best mates.

3rd coach not to see out his tenure, Roosters are onto number 4 I believe as well.

Whats better, quitting and no payout? Or sacking and a payout?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Why did the admin want him to quit immediately? Save another $300k

Looks like the high rollers in the club are targets for cost cutting measures.

I'd be worried if I was Toops, Gal, Snowy etc. Only a matter of time.

I wonder if the faction on the board doing the cost cutting is the side the chairman is on?

Frenzy.

Immortal
Why did the admin want him to quit immediately? Save another $300k

Looks like the high rollers in the club are targets for cost cutting measures.

I'd be worried if I was Toops, Gal, Snowy etc. Only a matter of time.

I wonder if the faction on the board doing the cost cutting is the side the chairman is on?

Who are these high rollers? Apart from Stuart.

What makes you think the chairman has a side?