What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Quits !!!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
My Step father knows brown personally and he has told me that Brown WAS approached by Irvine around the time Informer is saying (prob a little earlier than xmas).

Then you should go to the AGM & call Irvine a liar, shouldn't you?

Sharks boss attacks 'troublemakers' over Brown rumour
CHRIS BARRETT AND BRAD WALTER
April 17, 2010
CRONULLA chairman Damian Irvine has attacked the ''naughty'' people who are trying to create instability at Toyota Stadium with a persistent rumour that the Sharks will replace Ricky Stuart with former Dragons coach Nathan Brown.

Irvine, according to the tale, approached England-based Brown last November through a third party and planned to fire Stuart before his contract expires at the end of 2011. Irvine has vigorously denied trying to contact Brown. He first addressed the claims, doing the rounds for months in the Sutherland Shire, in the Herald on March 26 but reports of his alleged courting of Brown have surfaced again in the past week. A frustrated Irvine says it feels like Groundhog Day each time it is raised.

''We've addressed it every time it's been brought up and we're fine with it,'' he said. ''It would obviously annoy Rick, I guess. Any negativity for our club in the papers and any talk annoys us all. There is no reason for it and no basis.

Advertisement: Story continues below
''We've moved so far on. None of us have even mentioned it in three months because we settled it all. I don't know what's going on. Some people are trying to be pretty naughty and stir some trouble.''

Irvine, who took over the reins on the Sharks board last year, insists he has never met Brown, nor tried to lure him back to Australia from his Super League club Huddersfield. ''I've never spoken to any third parties about getting any other coach for the next two years, let alone Nathan Brown,'' he said. ''That's how far away the rumour is from being true. But when it keeps coming up, you get frustrated that people are trying to drive a wedge when there is no wedge there to be driven.''

Having paid out past coaches Chris Anderson and Stuart Raper before their contracts expired, the Sharks could hardly afford to do the same with Stuart. Even so, Irvine says Cronulla's commitment to Stuart is ''not about finances''.

''He is the right man for the job and I want him to see it through to the end of his contract,'' he said.

Brown is contracted to Huddersfield for another year but has a get-out clause should he want to leave to take up a job in the NRL. But his background as a Dragons coach and player, and modest NRL coaching record given the star players he had at his disposal, would count heavily against any move to arch-rivals Cronulla.

The Herald has been told assistant Shane Flanagan is more likely to be the man to replace Stuart if the Sharks were to part company with the former Test and NSW Origin coach.

After taking charge of Huddersfield last year, Brown took the club to an inaugural Super League finals berth and a place in the Challenge Cup final at Wembley for the first time since 1953.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...lemakers-over-brown-rumour-20100416-skff.html

azzah72

Bench

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...lemakers-over-brown-rumour-20100416-skff.html

It's funny how you are happy to use a news article to support an argument when it suits you and ignore them when it doesn't, this same article abolishes your argument as well.

It's he says / she says, perhaps Irvine is covering his ass, maybe he never approached him, what ever, he's not coming.

I know what I was told. But I don't really care either way.

Avenger

Immortal
Of course Reefy knew that Ricky was quitting in early March he just had to keep saying that he was actually extending his stay because he was deep under cover for his beloved Sharks.

Rexxy

Coach

CRONULLA chairman Damian Irvine has attacked the ''naughty'' people who are trying to create instability at Toyota Stadium with a persistent rumour that the Sharks will replace Ricky Stuart with former Dragons coach Nathan Brown.

So does that make people here Declared Naughty Idiots or Naughty Declared Idiots ?

jc155776

Coach
In one article we have direct quotes by a person.

In another we have innuendo and unnamed secret sources.

Which one has more creditbility?

Hey everyone, someone who I cant tell you told me that someone else told them that Azzah72 loves to hang out in bath houses.

Care to comment Azzah?

Azzah would no doubt say "Its bullsh*t".

Now who would you people believe?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
It's funny how you are happy to use a news article to support an argument when it suits you and ignore them when it doesn't, this same article abolishes your argument as well.
It is not a news article. It is a direct quote from the man who allegedly spoke to Brown.

Here is another. This is from the other guy.

''Despite what's been written by some, I don't have a job to go to nor have I even spoken to anyone back home about employment,'' Brown said. ''This decision is not about my professional life, it's about my family's life.''

Asked yesterday if anything had changed at the Sharks, the club's chief executive, Richard Fisk, said: ''We have never contacted Nathan. He's not on our radar.''
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ow-gasnier-back-to-dragons-20100512-uvgc.html

I am quoting these for the public rebuttal of the rumours. If somebody is lying, who is it? Is it a big conspiracy to look after Sticky?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Now for The Informer to come forward as some big scoop, months after the rumor initially started, is also a bit rich.
Bruno Cullen: We never wanted Ricky Stuart

By Steve Ricketts From: The Daily Telegraph January 14, 2010 11:00PM
Increase Text Size
Decrease Text Size
Print
Email

Speculation ... Ricky Stuart. Source: The Daily Telegraph

BRONCOS chief executive Bruno Cullen has dismissed suggestions Cronulla coach Ricky Stuart had been in the club's sights before a new two-year deal was negotiated with Ivan Henjak.

Cullen said yesterday Henjak's job was never under threat, even after a 56-0 capitulation in Canberra last August.

"It was never the case that we had talks with Ricky, and he wouldn't mind me saying that," Cullen said. "He never discussed anything with me or the board or anyone else."

Cullen said many people were cynical when the Broncos board said they were fully behind Henjak last year.

"The more people like myself and the board said they were fully behind Ivan, the more people laughed and said we've heard that before," Cullen said.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...ted-ricky-stuart/story-e6frep5x-1225819405418
A newspaper article months before the informers original "scoop" that Sticky would resign 4 weeks into the season, & months after the actual rumor was doing the rounds.
Perhaps the leaks at the Sharks are far from fixed?

The Dodger

First Grade
seriously.

aevnger would have to be the biggest cokhead out of all the trolls that come in here.

The coach's salary is not part of the cap. Does your brain hurt sometimes ?

quigs takes the piss and doesn't mean any ill feeling towards no one.

who the f**k are you to come in here and act like you have all the inside info and treat all others like nevilles?

do the posters in the parra forum actually like you?

is that why you enjoy coming into other teams forums to have a stir?

why do you have such an invested interest in the sharks?

whatever it is, i hope it upsets you alot, because you farkn deserve it you twat.

for a person who claims they are as old as they say they are, you sound like a child.

f**k off already.

stains fans are more welcome in here than you, you farkn tool.

Black tip you've obviously been played as a puppet by different people who want you to peddle stories that you believe and then push a certain way on this forum.

It was posted here in early March that Stuart would resign / step aside weeks into this season. At the time it had been agreed by the parties involved that it was best to do 4 to 6 weeks into the year. You said it was bullsh*te, it wasn't. Brown was offered directly the job, with Stuart’s knowledge, you said it was bullsh*te, it wasn't. You've run your own spin on all of this week in week out for the last two months, doing nothing but embarrass yourself as you were so far from the facts it wasn’t funny, including the gem that the club were in discussion with Stuart toward a new contract, utter bullsh*te, the only discussions that were current through the last few weeks was in countering Stuart’s claim to a payout settlement and threatening to walk out, he didn't as he was told he wouldn't get paid for the rest of this yr. You now claim that he has fallen on his sword, parted with the board and club and it’s all about major financial savings. Once again utter bullsh*te.

Stuart does not have a contract for next year. Stuart will not be paid out for anything, he is under contract for 2010 and he will be paid for that only, as he now works out that period, nothing more.

As for the supposed "contract" for next yr, his current contract states an option for next year, in the clubs favour, nothing more. Stuart want to stay, late last yr with the arrival of the new Board he tried to have confirmed the option being taken up, and a possible extension. The Board declined and advised him professionally, they would head down a different path post 2010. It was agreed that announcements would be made early into the season so that everyone could move on, a new coach could be appointed and planning and recruitment for 2011 and onwards could continue on without their being a sh*tefight. Stuart was offered to make his announcements how he saw fit so that he could save face and walk away without any scars.

This was all settled late last yr. In the meantime Stuart’s manager started hawking him around from club to club to see what was on offer for 2010 and beyond.

Brown was offered the job last Xmas, that is a fact. Stuart was well aware of the approach at the time, Brown cleared it directly with him prior to any further discussion. Brown was very close to taking it but decided some weeks ago not to.

Stuart and his manager have spent the last number of weeks trying to leverage a payout, a possible immediate exit, and planning his announcement and how they'd manage the media. And this is from the so called hero of Cronulla, the same hero who has spent weeks stabbing various people in the back, trying to finalise his own payout yet was owed nothing and is now happy to play the News Ltd media off with various half truths and leaks to ensure he tips a bucket on the current board and that he walks away smelling like roses.

The simple facts are his contracted time at the club was due to expire at the end of 2010. He wanted to stay. The Board didn't want him to stay. At the time of those discussions there was no blow up, no arguments, no agendas, the Board made their own business decision for whatever reasons for the future. The only person who has turned this into anything else that it was not, and fueled it with agenda and spin since is the exiting coach.

Oh, and along the way it appears a few of the disciples have fallen in hook line and sinker.

Thanks for the confirmation.

And yes all came to fruition.

It seems numerous people have known these facts and have stated similar this year on the forum.

Only to be ridiculed by gullible dopes like Reefy.

In fact I'm surprised Reefy is still around here.

With the embarrassment of his failed bullshyte gibber.

Exposed once again on the forum as a big story teller with made up facts.

And as for Stuart if he feels so angry towards the hand that pays his bills why be a hypocrite and hang around with his hand out?

It's not like he's short of a dollar so he should move on, cut his losses and let Flanagan get set up.

Avenger

Immortal
seriously.

aevnger would have to be the biggest cokhead out of all the trolls that come in here.

quigs takes the piss and doesn't mean any ill feeling towards no one.

who the f**k are you to come in here and act like you have all the inside info and treat all others like nevilles?

do the posters in the parra forum actually like you?

is that why you enjoy coming into other teams forums to have a stir?

why do you have such an invested interest in the sharks?

whatever it is, i hope it upsets you alot, because you farkn deserve it you twat.

for a person who claims they are as old as they say they are, you sound like a child.

f**k off already.

stains fans are more welcome in here than you, you farkn tool.

I never said I had inside information. I actually admitted it was just a tip, an educated punt that turned to reality.

Now get back into your caravan you redneck halfwit.

hahaha Dragon Slayer just led down the path by a sacked ex players father.

Too funny.

Have some cake.

It's burnt and the heart of the cake has collapsed.

It will taste like shyte but Ricky baked it.

You'll eat it anyway I'm sure and say it's fantastic.

But maybe your just used to getting dished up shyte.

azzah72

Bench
In one article we have direct quotes by a person.

In another we have innuendo and unnamed secret sources.

Which one has more creditbility?

Hey everyone, someone who I cant tell you told me that someone else told them that Azzah72 loves to hang out in bath houses.

Care to comment Azzah?

Azzah would no doubt say "Its bullsh*t".

Now who would you people believe?

I agree, I generally don't post anything unless it's from the horses mouth a damn near it, so fair enough.

Doesn't make anything reefy has said correct either.

The Informer

Juniors
hahaha Dragon Slayer just led down the path by a sacked ex players father.

Too funny.

You really are a sad fool.

You promote yourself as the know all big mouth on the inside goings on of your club, the reality is your a puppet who wouldn't know his elbow from his arsehole.

Any update on Stuart's resigning with the club?

Week after week the outcoming truth exposes you as an internet big mouth with zero credibility.

And then when exposed you chose to play the individual not the facts, and in doing so make up further stories as to who they might be to suit your non existent arguement.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
You really are a sad fool.

You promote yourself as the know all big mouth on the inside goings on of your club, the reality is your a puppet who wouldn't know his elbow from his arsehole.

Any update on Stuart's resigning with the club?

Week after week the outcoming truth exposes you as an internet big mouth with zero credibility.

And then when exposed you chose to play the individual not the facts, and in doing so make up further stories as to who they might be to suit your non existent arguement.

ahh its the informer? When is Ricky starting at the Broncos Informer? Seriously, you have less credibilty than Rothfield.

carcharias

Immortal
RICKY STUART is backing himself to get another job in the NRL next year and hopes to improve his coaching resume by taking Cronulla to the finals before quitting the club at the end of the season.
After five weeks of contemplating his future with the Sharks, Stuart told the club's board on Thursday that he would not see out the final year of his contract but insists he does not yet have another job lined up.

The Herald understands Stuart has been considering quitting his post since Cronulla's 44-16 round six thrashing by Brisbane and had initially thought of doing so when the club had the bye three weeks later.
The Herald was also told in late February that Stuart was unhappy at the Sharks and that assistant Shane Flanagan would be appointed coach before June, but the former NSW and Australian coach vehemently rejected speculation linking him to other jobs, including the Melbourne Rebels Super rugby franchise.
''I can honestly say that myself or [manager] John Fordham have not had any contact from any other football club … [in] rugby union or rugby league,'' Stuart said.
''For the last three months I've been linked with the Melbourne Rebels - I didn't even know who the Rebels were when this first happened. I'm a rugby league coach and I believe I will be a rugby league coach for many many years.''
Stuart ruled out a move to England but said he wanted to continue coaching next season. He effectively has joined Nathan Brown and Michael Potter in the market for NRL jobs after the pair recently announced they were returning home after successful stints in Super League.
Coincidentally, constant speculation linking Brown to the Sharks job might have played a role in his decision - although Cronulla officials insist they had never approached anyone about Stuart's job until last weekend, when Flanagan was offered the position.
Asked about a report in a Sunday newspaper linking him to the Wests Tigers job held by his former mentor at Canberra, Tim Sheens, Stuart said: ''When you have administrators who want to talk about other coaches when you have got a contract at the club it makes it very, very hard.''
Stuart said he had made the decision now to enable Flanagan to take charge of recruitment for 2011, but would remain head coach until the end of the season.
After a tumultuous 12 months, in which Stuart has worked under three CEOs, seen star playmakers Greg Bird and Brett Seymour sacked over off-field incidents, forwards Ben Ross, Reece Williams and Johnny Mannah have their careers put on indefinite hold by serious injury or illness and the club's finances under constant scrutiny, enough became enough.
Flanagan and chief executive Richard Fisk praised Stuart as being the person who held the club together during this period

has this been posted?

link

carcharias

Immortal
or this?

WITH just three months to prove himself in his new job as Cronulla coach, Shane Flanagan has expressed an interest in luring Mark Gasnier to the Sharks. Flanagan, who will take over the top job from Ricky Stuart at the end of the season, has been appointed on a one-year deal with an option in the club's favour.
Cronulla chairman Damian Irvine said a decision would be made in 12 months as to whether Flanagan's contract would be extended. That would give the NSW Origin assistant and Stuart's seven-year understudy as few as 12 premiership matches to show he is worthy of a longer-term deal.
Both Irvine and Flanagan are confident he will emerge as the right man to lead the club from the mire and replicate its most recent golden era - the period between 1994 and 2001 when John Lang, now at South Sydney, was in charge.

''Over time, that was the Cronulla side that had the best smell about them as far as what Cronulla is, in terms of the character of the club, and they are always criticised for being overachievers,'' Irvine said.
''Mitch Healey took us to minor premierships and he is not a player who is a Johnathan Thurston or anything. We had back-rowers like Sean Ryan, Paul Mellor, Brett Howland. These guys were a part of minor premiership-winning sides and it was a guy who came down from Queensland with a reputation to make in John Lang that drove them there.
''We had a coach coming down here to prove himself and a team full of local juniors or people who had come to the club to debut at the club and that is where we want to get back to by bringing someone like Shane through as coach.
''We are always interested in top-class players at the club but they have to be the right type of player, and that is someone who is coming here to forge a reputation, not preserve one. It is plain and simple.''
Flanagan said Gasnier was a player he would be keen to pursue and Irvine had no problems with the rookie coach pursuing the former Dragons and Australian centre, who is keen to return to the NRL after a stint in French rugby union.
''I'd definitely be interested in Mark Gasnier,'' Flanagan said. ''He is the type of player that would take us from just being a good team every couple of weeks to being a good team every week.''
Irvine said: ''Any club would like to have Mark Gasnier. Class is class and you can't just find that anywhere.''
Flanagan said his recruitment priorities lay in the back line, with signing a top-class centre his main task. ''I go into Origin camp and I'm talking to experienced players there and they are all rapping our forwards who turn up each week so I don't think we are too far off,'' he said.
''We have got some really tough forwards, and they are all contracted long term so we aren't going to lose them. Maybe we are only one or two classy backs off being a good team.''
Skipper Trent Barrett is considering retirement at the end of the season, but Flanagan said he would be keen for him to play on next year if the former NSW Origin five-eighth was amenable to the idea.
The Sharks also have five players with get-out clauses if Stuart is no longer coach, including former Test back-rower Anthony Tupou. None is expected to take up the option.

link

Latest posts