What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Quits !!!

When are coaches going to realise when you resign your position you f**k off from the Club immediately.

Brian Smith thought he could stay on at Newcastle and then after some thumpings realised it wouldn't work.

Ricky f**k off ASAP please.

You don't deserve anymore Sharks money.

Flanagan deserves his chance and I hope it is sooner rather than later.

We can't afford a high profile coach at present.

We need to go cheap and spend money on players.

Hooray!!

Frailty

First Grade
Any word from the press conference...

I have heard some very devastating rumours... I just hope they aren't true...

One other rumour is that Brown will NOT be at the Sharks. Has chosen so because of the above rumour.

Squae

Juniors
When are coaches going to realise when you resign your position you f**k off from the Club immediately.

Brian Smith thought he could stay on at Newcastle and then after some thumpings realised it wouldn't work.

Absolutely correct, f**k off now ricky you are going to shaft us by staying.

Not happy with giving Flanogan the job now though, he should of been offered the job until the end of the year and go from there

mortz

You don't deserve anymore Sharks money.

Flanagan deserves his chance and I hope it is sooner rather than later.

We can't afford a high profile coach at present.

We need to go cheap and spend money on players.

Hooray!!

how the f**k will a cheap no name coach attract players

Nullajet

Juniors
Any word from the press conference...

I have heard some very devastating rumours... I just hope they aren't true...

One other rumour is that Brown will NOT be at the Sharks. Has chosen so because of the above rumour.

care to divulge?

how the f**k will a cheap no name coach attract players

He's well known and is respected by players at the Club and at rival Clubs.

He's been in the coaching system for awhile.

He's even got a regular column in Big League Magazine.

Not bad for an assistant coach.

jackal

Juniors
Flanagan will do well. Has worked with Sticky for a long time, works in the Blues camp, and did a fair bit of time with Smith as well.

He will be a good coach. Sometimes succession tightens the fabric of the business, and with his resume he is the one for the job.

On Ricky Stuart - its easy to refelct back over the win/loss ratio but he was rock solid during the mental ahguish the club went through last year. At the end of the day wins on the baord keep the coach, but he should be commended for his off-field performance, as it was astounding when you look back over the negative media attention the club was hit with.

carcharias

Immortal
The Hisense Cronulla Sharks have agreed to a request from Head Coach Ricky Stuart to be released from the final year of his contract.
Originally contracted to the end of 2011 season, Stuart will continue as Shark’s Head Coach for the remainder of the 2010 season.
As head coach at the Sharks for four years, Stuart guided the club to an equal top of the table finish in 2008.
“I genuinely wish to thank the club for its consideration for which has been a challenging period,” Stuart said today.
“The past two years have been unbelievably draining as Head Coach, both on and off the field.
“I wish the club all the best and I’m sure the club’s youth policy for 2011 will blossom under fresh and innovative ideas.
“I’m proud of the group of players and coaching staff I have been privileged to work with. To see so many develop into representative players and more importantly to watch them grow as men, has been both satisfying and a real pleasure.
“I feel I have given my best efforts in all regards during my time at the club. I wish the Sharks all the best in future years,” he concluded.
Sharks CEO Richard Fisk was glowing in his praise for Stuart and said the Board’s decision to agree to Ricky’s request wasn’t easy.
He also confirmed the appointment of NSW State of Origin and Sharks Assistant Coach Shane Flanagan as Stuart’s replacement in 2011.
“Ricky Stuart is a unique and popular character with a great football brain and we have invested much in terms of planning and recruitment to support Ricky,” said Fisk.
“He has built a professional and dedicated coaching team at the Sharks which places the club in a strong position going forward as we implement our succession plan by giving Shane Flanagan his much deserved opportunity as an NRL first grade coach in 2011.
“It is rare for a club to be so well prepared for a smooth transition from one head coach to the next and this is something Ricky should be very proud of.
“Ricky knows he has a job to do with the players until the end of the season and I’m sure that will start with another win on Saturday against Brisbane,” Fisk concluded.
It will be business as usual this week and for the remainder of the 2010 season with Ricky Stuart continuing to work closely with Shane Flanagan and assisting him with the transition from Assistant Coach to Head NRL Coach.

link

Frailty

First Grade
I didn't really want to devulgein the rumour because I can't be sure of the validity and the source...

In fact, I don't necessarily believe it's true - and I certainly hope it's not...

If people want to hear it, I will - but I can't say I believe it to be true.