What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Quits !!!

Vossy

Bench
Bad news. Flanagan a backward step. Nathan Brown, unsuccessful with a star studded team (done ok in the uk).

I hope Stuart stays.

Flanagan isnt a backwards step, already at the club, eager for a top gig, still part of the NSW coaching staff..just have to manage the transition right..

PJ

First Grade
Flanagan is a backward step.

We need someone who is proven so they can have a chance at attracting players, or someone from outside who can bring some with them.

Flanno does neither.

mortz

and if he was a good coach, dont you think he should of been helping ricky out the passed two years

Vossy

Bench
how would you know if Flanagan cant attract players, without giving him a go..other coaches would bring "there boys" with them, no thanks

sticky was supposed to be able to attract the names, that didnt really eventuate because its the club not the coach that needs to attract them

I have a feeling Ricky didn't coach that side on Saturday night anyway. They actually played footy...no sign of pre-rehearsed plays and predictable outcomes.

Our side and the money we are playing players isn't the problem...it's how we have been forced to play for over 3 years now. It's tiresome and simply doesn't work for us.

More of Saturday night's play and we are actually a hope of making the finals. 16 weeks to go. Could be the greatest turn around of fortunes we have seen in Rugby League for a long long time.

Go Sharkies.

carcharias

Immortal
Phil Gould is the only man for the job.

He would have known this was coming...ie his recent love fest on ricky.

a big plus would be how much that would fug off Rothfield.

Hasler would be great buy, just cant see him coming the sharks.

Go for Brown with Gus, to oversee him, that would work well.

Brown struggled at saints, he was thrown in deep end, he played with those players, you cant coach like that anymore, he went away to England to learn his trade better.

Bennett mentioned when he took over Dragons, how well that Brown had left them.

We could always keep Flanagan on 1 year deal to end of 2011, then chase the Great One Wayne Bennett, give him the ultimate challenge

Ken Ebb

Juniors
If Flanagan takes over this year he is not going to have any real pressure on him. We are not expected to go anywhere near making the finals so it is not a terrible time for a fresh start.
If they are wanting Brown in for next year I say get him in now if possible to give him plenty of time to prepare for next year.
We would have more chance signing players with Brown at the helm rather than Flanagan I suspect.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's looking like Sticky will be an assistant coach at the Melbourne Rebels with any luck.

If that happens, Folkes will take over from Sheens

Royce Simmons will be available though.

Hughesy215

Juniors
I think i overlooked the influence on Flannagans involvement with the NSW team, he has had access to some pretty high market players and who knows maybe they really liked his input into the nsw team. Could be a monumental plus for him