What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart - New Eels coach

cv8z

Juniors
Not at all. My preference would have been to have sk finish his contract and see what it produced. I didn't think the options were much better so realistically its was the devil you know over the devil you don't.

Now his gone it will be between stuart, Taylor, dymock and Folkes if you believe reports. So this is the way I see it:
Stuart - as I said earlier
Taylor- hadn't coached in a long time and when he did he was ok, still fairly unproven as a coach
Folkes-he had some good seasons, an realitivly smart coach but polarised some players and has been MIA for quite some time. So a gamble to say the least.
Dymock - no coaching experiance, the biggest gamble.

Now Arthur is a gamble but the board can watch as he goes about his buissness for the rest of the year, a good jnr coach and apparently tactically pretty good. No less a risk and really no less proven the Taylor, Folkes and Dymock so why not.

He's been involved as an assistant to west tigers and now dragons

Ratchy

Juniors
I was against Stuart to start off with but the more I think about it he really is the only option. He would attract players to the club and from everything I have read around in the media and heard through football circles all the players love and want to play for him.

At the moment Parramatta needs an experienced coach not take a punt on another rookie. I wouldn't complain either if Gould wanted the job.

Latest posts