What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart - New Eels coach

Eels Dude

Coach
I doubt he will bother being there on game day, but Im sure he will have some input behind he scenes and play a bit of an overseeing role.

Why wouldn't he be there on game day though? Kearney is leaving so someone has to coach the first grade side, and Stuart doesn't have to worry about NSW anymore since SOO is over for the year.

Chipmunk

Coach
Why wouldn't he be there on game day though? Kearney is leaving so someone has to coach the first grade side, and Stuart doesn't have to worry about NSW anymore since SOO is over for the year.

True, but its only 6 weeks, by the time they get the deal done it will be 5 weeks of training. I guess we will see what eventuates.

born an eel

Bench
does that mean we have to wait 2 weeks before the announcement, isn't that the normal time span between a board member denial and an opposite decision?

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
I doubt he will bother being there on game day, but Im sure he will have some input behind he scenes and play a bit of an overseeing role.

Didn't know he was a Freemason....

images

Last edited:

Eels Dude

Coach
True, but its only 6 weeks, by the time they get the deal done it will be 5 weeks of training. I guess we will see what eventuates.

Yeah you're correct. In one count it could save the club cash if they don't. Yet on the other side of the scale if Stuart has been given the role it would help us for next year if he was in here even for the last 6 weeks just so he can can see what he has to worth with and assess future plans for the club. Including player retention. Otherwise once the season ends he wouldn't be joining until the players return to training in mid November 4 months away. Which is a lot of time lost.

does that mean we have to wait 2 weeks before the announcement, isn't that the normal time span between a board member denial and an opposite decision?

I think that can be revised by 2 days after this week.

Chipmunk

Coach
Yeah you're correct. In one count it could save the club cash if they don't. Yet on the other side of the scale if Stuart has been given the role it would help us for next year if he was in here even for the last 6 weeks just so he can can see what he has to worth with and assess future plans for the club. Including player retention. Otherwise once the season ends he wouldn't be joining until the players return to training in mid November 4 months away. Which is a lot of time lost.

I think if he signs this week I think he will be around, as I said just overlooking a few things and getting that insight into what he really needs to work on for next year. But I dont think he will take an active role into game plans or will be there on game day.

Its probably also an opportunity for Brad Arthur to show Stuart that he could be an asset. But if the mail in another thread is on the money that Dean Pay will be here doing the 20s then that will open up a job for him back at the Storm too....

Gronk

Staff member
Stuart is no stranger to the Parramatta staff, with the club's long-serving conditioner Craig Catterick, a member of the NSW coaching staff.

source fox sports news

Loudstrat

Coach
You seem happy with a coach who has never made it to the finals and never built a squad, and can only win with Wayne Bennet in his team.

lingard

Coach
I think the key is getting a assistant coach to be responsible for the junior structures along with Peter Nolan.

I would say at the roosters there was no culture of developing juniors when he was there and at the sharks there wasnt the resources available (which will be at the eels) to have a defined structure in plan

Well, the Roosters do have the smallest (I think) junior nursery in the NRL. So you`ve got a battle right there. And they compete with Randwick rugby union as well. So developing juniors there wouldn`t be easy, I don`t suppose.,

whall15

Coach
Ten News have just reported that Ricky Stuart is to be unveiled as coach other the next few days on a three year deal.

Gordy

Juniors
Ten News have just reported that Ricky Stuart is to be unveiled as coach other the next few days on a three year deal.

Why do they even bother quoting a number in any reports these days?
They might as well say "Ricky Stuart is to be unveiled as coach and will be at the helm until he is sacked (resigns) mid season, sometime within the near future". :crazy:

Latest posts