What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart - New Eels coach

Far Canal

Juniors
If Stuart is allowed to coach the Eels and the Blues that is bullshit.

Apart fromt he disruption that will cause, he will f**kcing burn out - he even said it hismelf after the 3rd match where he needed some time out.

He needs to out Parra as his priority. Also, is Parra still going to pay him during the Origin series? So many questions, I'd prefer Taylor.

Gronk

Staff member
Let's just wait n see how it pans out. Pretty sure that Sticky will be named as NSW Coaching Director. His role will be to mentor the next coach and provide angry face moments to the squad during the series.

TBH I don't see that the NSW resurgence can be soley credited to Sticky. I bigger part of it was Lockyer retiring and Gallen emerging as the player that he is. I think the only thing that Sticky has done well, is to use forwards with good footwork, rather than trying to beat QLD up the middle.

Fathead

Bench
We need to be firm with Stuart regarding origin. Also the NSWRL will look foolish if they break their rules and allow sticky to continue doing both jobs. We need to appoint a Todd Greenberg type CEO as a matter of priority. My pick would be Grant Mayer who did an exceptional job at Manly.
A Mayer / Stuart combo would be great.
No doubt the package would also mean that sticky will bring his own team to coach and would probably mean that Brad Arthurs would move on.

No doubt the package would also mean that sticky will bring his own team to coach and would probably mean that Brad Arthurs would move on.

not necessarily it would depend on if sticky had an assistant coach already picked out

if arthurs pulls a jt and gets the team firing for the remaining rounds i hope sticky finds a place for him in the coaching staff

Avenger

Immortal
We need to be firm with Stuart regarding origin. Also the NSWRL will look foolish if they break their rules and allow sticky to continue doing both jobs. We need to appoint a Todd Greenberg type CEO as a matter of priority. My pick would be Grant Mayer who did an exceptional job at Manly.
A Mayer / Stuart combo would be great.

Agree 100% re: Mayer. The Robbie Farah rumours to the Eels will now intensify or at the very least Michael Ennis. Cannot see Stuart going into season 2013 without a change in the hooker position.

Agree 100% re: Mayer. The Robbie Farah rumours to the Eels will now intensify or at the very least Michael Ennis. Cannot see Stuart going into season 2013 without a change in the hooker position.

i can't see the dogs letting ennis go without a fight it would be nice payback for keating though

Avenger

Immortal
Another interesting choice will be who Stuart picks as Captain. It could give a preview into what the future is with Hayne.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

Well he did go into a season with Corey hughes as his no. 1 hooker

jk13

First Grade
i reckon he still wants to still coach the blues so he maintains his direct line to elite players. surely it provides him with a slight edge when it comes to top level recruitment, dollars aside. and it is our weakest area till the youth mature

El Diablo

Post Whore
i reckon he still wants to still coach the blues so he maintains his direct line to elite players. surely it provides him with a slight edge when it comes to top level recruitment, dollars aside. and it is our weakest area till the youth mature

that would be one benefit

two negatives would be losing a few players and the coach during Origin

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Having stuart remain as nsw coach would definitely make it easier for nolan to sign up juniors or poach juniors from other clubs

oldmancraigy

Coach

Let's not assume Sticky makes good choices just yet!!

He picked Jamie Buhrer to play hooker at Origin level, despite him having played a grand total of 0 minutes at hooker in his entire career.
Then to double damn the decision, he puts Buhrer on the field even though Farah is playing a blinder, in that 7 minute stint we lose mass momentum...

So he might be happy with MK? Or he might choose Tim Mannah to play hooker next year? Or perhaps he's as drunk as a bunch of people here are, and he'll just whack Ben Roberts in there.

I think we'll get better on-field results under Stuart than we did under Kearney. But let's be honest, only Langmack would be worse (in the history of the game) - so I'll reserve my excitement for the time we're actually doing well!!

Latest posts