What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart - New Eels coach

spartan2153

Juniors
Let's not assume Sticky makes good choices just yet!!

He picked Jamie Buhrer to play hooker at Origin level, despite him having played a grand total of 0 minutes at hooker in his entire career.
Then to double damn the decision, he puts Buhrer on the field even though Farah is playing a blinder, in that 7 minute stint we lose mass momentum...

So he might be happy with MK? Or he might choose Tim Mannah to play hooker next year? Or perhaps he's as drunk as a bunch of people here are, and he'll just whack Ben Roberts in there.

I think we'll get better on-field results under Stuart than we did under Kearney. But let's be honest, only Langmack would be worse (in the history of the game) - so I'll reserve my excitement for the time we're actually doing well!!

Finally a poster who has knowledge of Stuart's real coaching decisions. Those examples are in 1 game throw in game 3 this year & last year where he only plays 2 props. Not excited at all about Stuart I just hope another candidate comes & blows the committee away & gets the job

Not excited at all about Stuart I just hope another candidate comes & blows the committee away & gets the job

you may be doomed to disappointment then none of the other applicants has anywhere near his experience but this is parramatta so if we dont win the comp in his first year he'll be sacked in the second

spartan2153

Juniors
you may be doomed to disappointment then none of the other applicants has anywhere near his experience but this is parramatta so if we dont win the comp in his first year he'll be sacked in the second

I dont ccare how much experience he has. He has made the semis 1 in his last 5 years of coaching.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Finally a poster who has knowledge of Stuart's real coaching decisions. Those examples are in 1 game throw in game 3 this year & last year where he only plays 2 props. Not excited at all about Stuart I just hope another candidate comes & blows the committee away & gets the job

:oops:

lingard

Coach
Possibly.

Makes you wonder why they wouldn't have wanted to try and impress the old coach. The players always had it in them. We all knew that.
Maybe it wasn't ALL Kearney's fault after all.

Suity

You know what? Where I work we have some tremendous staff who are very experienced, very intelligent, and exceptionally good at what they do. But we have an absolutely hopeless manager who has been with us for nearly two years now. The staff have gradually become more and more dispirited, unenthusiastic and lacking in confidence because our manager has no idea of what direction we should be moving in. It`s taken time, but it`s getting worse. Six staff members have left in the last six months and there are more on the way. I`ve been there for forteen years, but I`m starting a new job in two weeks time. We are all very good at what we do, and we`ve all 'got it in us' - but as much as we`d like to, we simply can`t perform for this person.

What's Guus Hiddink up to at the moment?

I guess I could deal with Ricky getting the job, but I'm not convinced he's worth the $$$ being talked about. Very happy to be proven wrong though.

What's Guus Hiddink up to at the moment?

I guess I could deal with Ricky getting the job, but I'm not convinced he's worth the $$$ being talked about. Very happy to be proven wrong though.

seriously? you hate sticky that much you'd rather hire a soccer coach who (as far as i know) has never coached or even played a game of rugby league in his life??

seriously? you hate sticky that much you'd rather hire a soccer coach who (as far as i know) has never coached or even played a game of rugby league in his life??

Oh no, before Guus became a 'soccer' coach he played front row for Souths. His 'Aussie' name was Gary Hambly.

Or I might have been joshing. I can't tell.

Latest posts