What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart - New Eels coach

Gronk

Staff member
jarryd hayne ‏@jarrydhayne_1 Parramatta eels official sign ricky stuart. Looking forward to working under Ricky. Eels #2013

http://instagram.com/p/NkdvtXu70N/

media

Gronk

Staff member
Triple M NRL ‏@TripleM_NRL "I'm not going to be walking in with an Origin attitude everyday; the players will be sick of me after 2 days" - Ricky Stuart on MMM #nrl

42m Triple M NRL ‏@TripleM_NRL
"The last thing I'm going to do is try and patch things up; I want to make decisions for the future" - Ricky Stuart on MMM re Parra #nrl

43m Triple M NRL ‏@TripleM_NRL
"Unless they [NSW Rugby League] change their stance, the opportunity might not arise" Ricky Stuart on MMM re coaching NSW in 2013 #nrl

Gronk

Staff member
I like the way that Ricky presents himself. Confident and knows his stuff.

Spags on the other hand ... #-o

Kornstar

Coach
I am oddly confident in this decision, I know his past and records etc. but I still think he will make us successful again.

I was never happy with the Kearney appointment but I am with this........

Welcome aboard, Ricky!!

Eels Dude

Coach
T If Kearney can't take credit for last year's close losses do not give Stuart the credit for his losses

The difference is that in their following seasons Kearney failed to build on those close losses just turning us into a rabble, in Stuart's second season at the Sharks he built on those close losses from the previous year and had Cronulla finish equal first on the competition table.

Gould took over the roosters when they were carp & built that team. Murray did not destroy that team he got them to a gr8 against a awesome Broncos team and made the semis the year after. Gould was there for the first 3 year's of Stuart's coaching years then left. So on his own he stands at 1 semis appearance in 5 years they are the facts not rumours but facts

It's also a fact that in the years both Gould and Murray had as head coach well they might have had some good results they weren't able to deliver them that elusive premiership whereas Stuart was able to.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Great timing... a lot of stars haven't committed to their clubs for 2014, pending the outcome of the TV rights deal. Rival clubs can start talking to them from November... The month that Sticky starts with us. Coincidence? Serendipity? Who cares what you call it, just show me the star signings!

Last edited:

El Diablo

Post Whore
having him as Origin coach could benefit the club as it would be more helpful in luring big names to the club

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm excited to have him at the club, and here's hoping he has better luck motivating out deadshit squad. He should also have better drawing power than Kearney. Stuart arrives with a lot of players off contract next year, which will make his life easier - like Hasler's first year at the Dogs.

I'm just concerned he will ruin our salary cap and junior structures, though I suppose if he can win a premiership while he's here it will be worth having everything run into the ground.

spartan2153

Juniors
I'm excited to have him at the club, and here's hoping he has better luck motivating out deadshit squad. He should also have better drawing power than Kearney. Stuart arrives with a lot of players off contract next year, which will make his life easier - like Hasler's first year at the Dogs.

I'm just concerned he will ruin our salary cap and junior structures, though I suppose if he can win a premiership while he's here it will be worth having everything run into the ground.

smartest thing you have said in 2 years

spartan2153

Juniors
The difference is that in their following seasons Kearney failed to build on those close losses just turning us into a rabble, in Stuart's second season at the Sharks he built on those close losses from the previous year and had Cronulla finish equal first on the competition table.

It's also a fact that in the years both Gould and Murray had as head coach well they might have had some good results they weren't able to deliver them that elusive premiership whereas Stuart was able to.

so the bases of your argument is he won a premiership when all the hard work was done then achieved sweet f all

i like how u remember his first 2 years at cronulla but ignore the last 3 lol

Latest posts