What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart - New Eels coach

bartman

Immortal
he said he requested they be there when one of the reporters asked why they weren't when Kearney did his press conference
Yep, When your NRL coaching record is 221 matches, 116 wins, 104 losses, 1 draw (52%) then it's not surprising you have a lot more standing with your employers than if your record is 0%.

A good move all round imo, credit to the club/board.

Happy we finally got him - happy to go through some pain for him to build the club. It can't get any worse than this year.

He does look good in blue and gold.............

Eels Dude

Coach
so the bases of your argument is he won a premiership when all the hard work was done then achieved sweet f all

i like how u remember his first 2 years at cronulla but ignore the last 3 lol

There were certain circumstances out of his control in those years you're talking about. They involved off field issues regarding Greg Bird and even the CEO Tony Zappia among others. Also the club were broke to the point the NRL had to bail them out, they were without a major sponsor for a while and their were rumours players were not getting paid and wanted out and they were also forced to spend well below the salary cap because of all of that.

Djay

Juniors
Like all 5 or 6 coaches before him (I've lost count) his said the right things but um executing them is an entirely different story.

Very interested to see how it goes.

IFR33K

Coach
Well i am just stating facts. What you want me to make up lies. There facts.

The circumstances that occured at cronulla in those years was that after kimmorley lead the team to the semis the year before stuart released him to sign kimmorley & the down fall began. That was the year that kimmorley also lead the dogs to second that year as well.

How do you think the sharks will go, if gallen decided to glass his mrs, carney was video taped intoxicated sprawled across the streets of The cross, and the CEO punched on with a female employee. All this while debts threaten to kill off the club?

Someone

Bench
How do you think the sharks will go, if gallen decided to glass his mrs, carney was video taped intoxicated sprawled across the streets of The cross, and the CEO punched on with a female employee. All this while debts threaten to kill off the club?

but but but...ricky destroyed the club...

f**k spartan you make me laugh.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
I haven't watched the press comference yet but if Roy implied/said this "declaring him the best signing since Jack Gibson. "I think it's huge," chairman Roy Spagnolo said. "It's probably the best signing we've had, probably since Gibson." then Roy please immediately give yourself 20 uppercuts to your chin.:crazy::crazy:
Everyone is entiltled to their opinions but making such a "HUGE" claim like this is madness. Ricky Stuart is nowhere near the standards Jack Gibson set. I'm all for Ricky coaching our squad, I'm actually very happy he is our coach, am behind him 100% and feel his employment is a step in the right direction and in time, Ricky could reach the heights of Jack Gibson but crikeys Roy, there is no need for such a monumental build up. You are dead set a f**kwit bordering a loose canon. Can someone please get to him with some sedatives before he claims Bob Bentley is the best CEO in the NRL since Peter Moore.

Suitman

Post Whore
I was impressed at how Ricky said that they had talked in the Boardrooms about how this would only work if everyone was united. So I see it as a mutual regard, with Stuart not scared to make demands relevant to his role. It looks very positive moving forwards.

But, I thought the board were shit and should be punted at the next election?
So it goes around here anyway.

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
I haven't watched the press comference yet but if Roy implied/said this "declaring him the best signing since Jack Gibson. "I think it's huge," chairman Roy Spagnolo said. "It's probably the best signing we've had, probably since Gibson." then Roy please immediately give yourself 20 uppercuts to your chin.:crazy::crazy:
Everyone is entiltled to their opinions but making such a "HUGE" claim like this is madness. Ricky Stuart is nowhere near the standards Jack Gibson set. I'm all for Ricky coaching our squad, I'm actually very happy he is our coach, am behind him 100% and feel his employment is a step in the right direction and in time, Ricky could reach the heights of Jack Gibson but crikeys Roy, there is no need for such a monumental build up. You are dead set a f**kwit bordering a loose canon. Can someone please get to him with some sedatives before he claims Bob Bentley is the best CEO in the NRL since Peter Moore.

Settle petal.
I'd rather our CEO talk the club up, wouldn't you? Regardless of the personal view of the Chairman, a positive vibe is what is need around the joint.
It'd be good if you could show the same emotion for once.
Just one post Casper, just one, that maybe says you think the board has made a good decision.

Saying you are happy to have Ricky on board, and praising the Board, are two different things.

Suity

bartman

Immortal
But, I thought the board were shit and should be punted at the next election?
So it goes around here anyway.

Suity
Mate, you know I wouldn't worry about how anything goes around here.... but tbh I haven't seen too many calls for the Board to be punted since Kearney's resignation?

Every fan just wants a chance to feel positive, and I think the majority response to the Stuart appointment (even from people who tend to disagree with each other) on here has been overwhelmingly positive?

spartan2153

Juniors
I would like to apologies about what i have saidabout stuart. My facts are wrong & i am SORRY.

He has made the semis once in the last 6 years of his coaching not 5 like i thought.

Sorry for geting that wrong

bartman

Immortal
Despite that, Stuart still maintained a 45% win ratio during 3.5 seasons at the Sharks, and 61% across almost 5 seasons at the Roosters (including 3 consecutive grand finals). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricky_Stuart

I tend to think that overall NRL win record of 55% deserves some positivity - and either it's a massive increase on the 24% we've become accustomed to. The future looks bright!

Suitman

Post Whore
Mate, you know I wouldn't worry about how anything goes around here.... but tbh I haven't seen too many calls for the Board to be punted since Kearney's resignation?

Every fan just wants a chance to feel positive, and I think the majority response to the Stuart appointment (even from people who tend to disagree with each other) on here has been overwhelmingly positive?

So, 10 days ago the board were crap but now they're ok.
Ahhhmmm, ok then. :sarcasm:

Suity

bartman

Immortal
So, 10 days ago the board were crap but now they're ok.
Ahhhmmm, ok then. :sarcasm:

Suity
What are you talking about Suity?

Ten days ago (and in the months before that), the Board needed to take action and deliver otherwise they would face pressure from members at the elections about their hope for our football performance. It was a widely held view, also reported in newspapers.

The Board have taken action and delivered an experienced and respected coach. Credit where it's due. Problem?

Suitman

Post Whore
What are you talking about Suity?

Ten days ago (and in the months before that), the Board needed to take action and deliver otherwise they would face pressure from members at the elections about their hope for our football performance. It was a widely held view, also reported in newspapers.

The Board have taken action and delivered an experienced and respected coach. Credit where it's due. Problem?

Yes, but only with you and others being a hypocrites.
I'm off to watch the rest of the ABC news. Far more stimulating.

Suity