What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart - New Eels coach

Someone

Bench
so the bases of your argument is he won a premiership when all the hard work was done then achieved sweet f all

i like how u remember his first 2 years at cronulla but ignore the last 3 lol

your argument never changes or evolves, unlike people who arent stuck in the past , i.e Sticky.

Your forgetting the circumstances that occurred at Cronulla from 2009-2010 and the fact none of it was Stickys fault.

kinda like the Kearney era of 2011-2012, Eels were in a bad way, most coaches would have came up with the same results.

Dread

Juniors
Good luck to you guys, I hope he can bring more success to your club than he did ours. We've only just started to recover from our time under the bloke.

I remember when the Sharks signed him - we got excited about the big name signings that would be joining him too. Looking back, I think we got the raw end of the deal - Anthony Tupou on a 5 year contract at $400k per year, Corey Hughes, Adam Cuthbertson, Josh Cordoba, Karl Filiga and an over the hill Trent Barrett were the names he lured to the Shire.

For your sake, I hope he does a lot better at the Eels!

spartan2153

Juniors
Good luck to you guys, I hope he can bring more success to your club than he did ours. We've only just started to recover from our time under the bloke.

I remember when the Sharks signed him - we got excited about the big name signings that would be joining him too. Looking back, I think we got the raw end of the deal - Anthony Tupou on a 5 year contract at $400k per year, Corey Hughes, Adam Cuthbertson, Josh Cordoba, Karl Filiga and an over the hill Trent Barrett were the names he lured to the Shire.

For your sake, I hope he does a lot better at the Eels!

Finally a sharks supporter that knows him for what he is. A propaganda machine. People are stuck up on what he inherited at the roosters.

how about letting go kimmorley to sign barret lol. I still cant believe that. Can you enlighten us more on the degois situation

84 Baby

Referee
I can't find anywhere when he is actually starting. Do we assume he starts right away or is he jumping in at season's end?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Triple M NRL ‏@TripleM_NRL "I'm not going to be walking in with an Origin attitude everyday; the players will be sick of me after 2 days" - Ricky Stuart on MMM #nrl

42m Triple M NRL ‏@TripleM_NRL
"The last thing I'm going to do is try and patch things up; I want to make decisions for the future" - Ricky Stuart on MMM re Parra #nrl

43m Triple M NRL ‏@TripleM_NRL
"Unless they [NSW Rugby League] change their stance, the opportunity might not arise" Ricky Stuart on MMM re coaching NSW in 2013 #nrl
Sounds like he has matured as a coach the last few years.

spartan2153

Juniors
your argument never changes or evolves, unlike people who arent stuck in the past , i.e Sticky.

Your forgetting the circumstances that occurred at Cronulla from 2009-2010 and the fact none of it was Stickys fault.

kinda like the Kearney era of 2011-2012, Eels were in a bad way, most coaches would have came up with the same results.

Well i am just stating facts. What you want me to make up lies. There facts.

The circumstances that occured at cronulla in those years was that after kimmorley lead the team to the semis the year before stuart released him to sign kimmorley & the down fall began. That was the year that kimmorley also lead the dogs to second that year as well.

Dread

Juniors
Can you enlighten us more on the degois situation

There's not a whole lot to it - Ricky didn't think Degois was worth a contract upgrade so set him free to Newcastle. Then he went into the market and emerged with Corey Hughes.

Suitman

Post Whore
Well i am just stating facts. What you want me to make up lies. There facts.

The circumstances that occured at cronulla in those years was that after kimmorley lead the team to the semis the year before stuart released him to sign kimmorley & the down fall began. That was the year that kimmorley also lead the dogs to second that year as well.

Wow.
Never realised Kimmorley played for both the Sharks and the Bulldogs in the same year.

Suity

forward pass

Coach
smartest thing you have said in 2 years

so the bases of your argument is he won a premiership when all the hard work was done then achieved sweet f all

i like how u remember his first 2 years at cronulla but ignore the last 3 lol

Finally a sharks supporter that knows him for what he is. A propaganda machine. People are stuck up on what he inherited at the roosters.

how about letting go kimmorley to sign barret lol. I still cant believe that. Can you enlighten us more on the degois situation

Seriously Spartan - Did Ricky shag your missues or something????
You are getting very boring.

bartman

Immortal
Just watched it.
Love the way Ricky shut up that dimwit Weidler.
Welcome aboard Ricky.
I'm with Suity. Great press conference, great show of unity with elected Chair and employed CEO. There were some silly questions asked and great how Stuart put Weidler and Massoud in their places.

Welcome aboard - in Sticky we trust :D.

Stagger eel

Staff member
welcome Ricky...I'm not sure whether this is the best signing since Gibson but it's certainly the most important since Smith at the end of 96..

Suitman

Post Whore
great show of unity with elected Chair and employed CEO.

That's what stuck out most for me. The fact that Ricky regarded highly the Eels management.

welcome Ricky...I'm not sure whether this is the best signing since Gibson but it's certainly the most important since Smith at the end of 96..

Agreed. Best coaching appointment since Smith, not Gibson.

Suity

bartman

Immortal
That's what stuck out most for me. The fact that Ricky regarded highly the Eels management.
I was impressed at how Ricky said that they had talked in the Boardrooms about how this would only work if everyone was united. So I see it as a mutual regard, with Stuart not scared to make demands relevant to his role. It looks very positive moving forwards.

strider

Post Whore
why wasn't Hindy at the press conference? I thought it was mandatory these days to have Hindy sit with coaches at press conferences

(and yes - i am being a smart arse!)

El Diablo

Post Whore
I'm with Suity. Great press conference, great show of unity with elected Chair and employed CEO.

he said he requested they be there when one of the reporters asked why they weren't when Kearney did his press conference

Latest posts