What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart - New Eels coach

Ratchy

Juniors
Oh and I'm pretty sure it was Weidler asked Spagnolo why he and Bentley weren't at SK resignation conference....Ricky quickly jumped in saying he asked them to be there. Took the sting out pretty quick.

bartman

Immortal
Roy said that signing Stuart was the biggest coup for the club since Gibson and feels Stuart will be the coach longer than the 3 years.
:lol: Well I guess that might count for more than Bentley's previous statements about how keen they were to extend Kearney beyond three years... or maybe not?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Was it Weedler that asked why don't you give coaches a fair go??? Some of the crap asked was mind boggling.

:lol: Well I guess that might count for more than Bentley's previous statements about how keen they were to extend Kearney beyond three years... or maybe not?

maybe he just said they were going to sign a coach for three years not necessarily kearney

Ratchy

Juniors
Was it Weedler that asked why don't you give coaches a fair go??? Some of the crap asked was mind boggling.

Pretty sure it was him.....from what i could tell Weidler seemed to be asking all the stupid questions. The bloke is a knob.

Was very well handled by Ricky especially that deflection for Spags.

Put it this way, he's probably one of the strongest personalities in the game - so if the board can chew him up and spit him out it will show that our front office is rotten to the core and requires a complete overhaul.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Pretty sure it was him.....from what i could tell Weidler seemed to be asking all the stupid questions. The bloke is a knob.
Sticky shut the dickhead down a couple of times, pretty sure he asked him was he worried we'd had 5 coaches in 6 years and he said no because i back myself. I did like that answer.

Last edited:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Wonder how lussick and Harrison are feeling, the manly players were probably giving it to them about going to the eels. Then suddenly they are now going to a club with the nsw coach now in charge*who obviously many players rate.

muznik

Juniors
So to surmise:
· SK is goonnnneee
· Ricky is our new Coach confirming worst kept secret of the week
· Mark Warren is a knob
· Weidler is a knob

Eelementary

Post Whore
I was very impressed by Sticky's poise and ability to deflect.

But what impressed me most were two comments: that he backs himself, and that he realizes joining the Eels is a challenge. To me, the mark of a quality coach is embracing (not shying away from) challenges.

I was sceptical, but I'm a believer now. Welcome aboard, Sticky!

IFR33K

Coach
I was very impressed by Sticky's poise and ability to deflect.

But what impressed me most were two comments: that he backs himself, and that he realizes joining the Eels is a challenge. To me, the mark of a quality coach is embracing (not shying away from) challenges.

I was sceptical, but I'm a believer now. Welcome aboard, Sticky!

The thing about Stuart, is that when he speaks, people listen.

Welcome aboard sticky. Let the good times roll.

spartan2153

Juniors
Great post. I don't get the Stuart hatred either. He obviously has his negatives as a coach but he did well at the Roosters and doesn't really get enough credit for winning them their first premiership in nearly 30 years and also get them to 3 straight grand finals. Gould and Murray may have built the team, but neither could get them that elusive GF victory.

When he took over the Sharks they were a mess, yet in his first year he got them to have solid season where they missed the finals only because they lost a lot of close games (not dissimilar to us last year) and actually finished with better for and against than half the teams that made the finals. The raperfollowing year they finished equal first, but after that off field dramas, behind the scenes rumours, and financial problems resulted in them falling back down to the bottom of the table.

The sharks were not a mess. Anderson had signed the best juniors when he got there. They were maturing when paper took over. I don't care how close a losses he had he only made the semis 1 time out of 4 attempts. He has a 44% career winning record & that is the last 5 year's he is also now back tracking on his word that he will not do both jobs & our board is a joke for agreeing to let him do it. If Kearney can't take credit for last year's close losses do not give Stuart the credit for his losses

He brings passion but nothing else.

Gould took over the roosters when they were carp & built that team. Murray did not destroy that team he got them to a gr8 against a awesome Broncos team and made the semis the year after. Gould was there for the first 3 year's of Stuart's coaching years then left. So on his own he stands at 1 semis appearance in 5 years they are the facts not rumours but facts

Dragon2010

First Grade
I think Sticky will be a great asset for a club like the Eels whom have the current structure they do. A team with some good talent floating around but is low on confidence and what seems to be internal relationships. I think Sticky can personally instill allot of confidence, trust and belief in the eels playing group and bring together allot more then they currently are. Backed-up with a few signings I think he can Parra a world of good.

Good on Parra for signing him, All the best and congratulations.

Latest posts