What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart - New Eels coach

bartman

Immortal
Yes, but only with you and others being a hypocrites.
I'm off to watch the rest of the ABC news. Far more stimulating.
:lol:

Well while watching the news, you might have seen how on Wednesday Julia was in a heap of trouble trying to deliver the NDIS, and tonight she looks much stronger - having been decisive and extracted backflips from Barry and his Victorian mate. Does that make someone who observed on Wednesday that Julia was under pressure a hypocrite, when they observe that she has been decisive, give her credit, and then reflect that she seems under less pressure tonight? Didn't think so. :sarcasm:

#stopbeingpettyandpersonalandbepositive

barney gumble

Juniors
Stuart looked good in the blue & gold. Liked his comment about the off contract players;

"They have 6 weeks to prove whether they want to be at the club or not"

Good stuff and not an idle threat. Also said there'll be more pain next year before getting things right. The prima donna's are about to get a shake up!! hope the board and the fans have the stomach for it.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Stuart looked good in the blue & gold. Liked his comment about the off contract players;

"They have 6 weeks to prove whether they want to be at the club or not"

Good stuff and not an idle threat. Also said there'll be more pain next year before getting things right. The prima donna's are about to get a shake up!! hope the board and the fans have the stomach for it.

Hindy said (a dig at SK as well perhaps?) on the footy show that Stuart is the type of coach that Parra needs, agreessive and no nonsense approach, to make sure everyone performs to their best every week, not 1 in 4 weeks. Time will tell

:lol:

Well while watching the news, you might have seen how on Wednesday Julia was in a heap of trouble trying to deliver the NDIS, and tonight she looks much stronger - having been decisive and extracted backflips from Barry and his Victorian mate.

I did nothing of the sort, and neither did my southern cousin Larry. She told me I was signing a petition to release the Dalai Lama from Spandau Prison.

EelsFan05

Bench
Hindy said (a dig at SK as well perhaps?) on the footy show that Stuart is the type of coach that Parra needs, agreessive and no nonsense approach, to make sure everyone performs to their best every week, not 1 in 4 weeks. Time will tell

To me it sounded like he was defending Kearney and was having a dig a certain players.

Gronk

Staff member
Well like the past 4 weeks where 99% of posters here wanted Kearney replaced, we now have a new coach supported by about the same percentage.

Of course some may say that it should have come sooner, but I'm happy to move forward and bite my tongue.

Looks like we have Ricky Stuart and the Academy intact with Nolan and Co calling the shots ?

#winning

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Settle petal.
I'd rather our CEO talk the club up, wouldn't you? Regardless of the personal view of the Chairman, a positive vibe is what is need around the joint.
It'd be good if you could show the same emotion for once.
Just one post Casper, just one, that maybe says you think the board has made a good decision.

Saying you are happy to have Ricky on board, and praising the Board, are two different things.

Suity
Listen here woodchip, I'm very happy about the board appointing Ricky Stuart as our coach :clap::clap:
Congratulations to the board for a job well done...
1090076-Clipart-Smiley-Emoticon-Celebrating-Royalty-Free-Vector-Illustration.jpg

Are you happy now woodchip?

Gronk

Staff member
Good for you.
You still think the board are f**ked though, eh?

Suity

Most supporters and journos do mate. They have a lot of work to do if they want to redeem themselves.

To give them credit, they opened the purse strings and signed a decent coach.

strider

Post Whore
an interesting interview .... interesting to see the different people in charge at parra ...

bob - CEO of everything including footy stuff - but seems to be like a shag on a rock when it comes to footy stuff. Journos don't care to ask him anything and he's not inclined to jump in and offer anything

roy - seems kinda quiet and I felt a bit lost and uninspiring in this interview. Don't know if that is an indication of how it really is or maybe he was just worried about getting hammered by the media over all that has transpired. Or maybe it's heads down bums up, in the hope to get re-elected.

ricky - the alpha male by a f'n long shot!!! ... i have never liked ricky, but how nice was it to have such a strong, experienced guy handling every question with confidence ... answered what he wanted, was happy to say he didn't have an answer to certain questions, put some journos in their place. Makes me feel confident going forward. Don't know if his dominance makes the other 2 look like mice, but I'm glad we have someone so in control who is totally footy oriented.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
why wasn't Hindy at the press conference? I thought it was mandatory these days to have Hindy sit with coaches at press conferences

(and yes - i am being a smart arse!)

Hindy gets to be associated with the loser who won't be here next year. Spags and Bentley prefer to be associated with the winner who will be here for many years (although possibly only for two).

#WouldYouDoItAnyDifferentlyIfYouWereThem?