What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart to Canberra - Done Deal.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I say again, he didnt walk out on a contract. He has exercised a clause in his contract put in there and agreed to by the Parramatta board... As per his contract he is free to leave when ever the hell he likes, for what ever reason he likes

If anyone should be deregistered, the parramatta board are probably the first cabs off the ranks. What kind moron puts a HC on a contract that he can walk from, free of charge when ever he chooses? The Raiders dont even have to pay compensation to get Stuart, he can legally walk, without any repercussions save for his reputation, which wasnt highly regarded to begin with.

That is honestly next level incompetence

mongoose

Coach
Feel sorry for Eels fans, they have to go through all the bullshit of trying to secure a decent coach again who can get them off the bottom of the ladder.

It's going to look even worse for them if Stuart has success with the Raiders and I beleive he is an upgrade on Furner, who was a clueless buffoon.

betcats

Referee
And my point is that the Pawwamatta board is not only dysfunctional, but completely f*cking incompetent.

The culture of that club is quite simply deplorable. Doesn't seem to matter who they wheel into the boardroom - mediocrity soon follows.

So I do agree I guess in a way, its not just down to the board, its the entire culture of the club.

But tell me how its not the board's fault that they are in the position they are in?

The board got them there no doubt, but im talking about Ricky.

If Ricky was a good coach he could do as Hasler and now Toovey have done at Manly and ignore the board to an extent and not let it effect the football side of things. Ricky was in charge of the football team, that was clear when he punted 12 blokes so he could of gone about his 3 year plan.

Hasler worked under a disfunctional board and was very succesful at it, only time it seemed to effect him was when the stupid board wouldnt extend his contract.

as of Monday this cretin told the world that he had not spoken to Canberra,fast track 2 days and he has signed.Fuggin bullshitter!

I thought Paramatta had made a major mistake in signing this would be coach after the debacle at Cronulla,now Canberra have totaly disregarded this dudes "form" over several years and are willing to piss a million bills a year up the wall for the priviledge. :crazy::crazy:

Smirrors

Juniors
Can you really blame the guy? Dog move but given the circumstances I don't think he had much choice. Another poor season at Parramatta would probably end his coaching career.

That and he has so much history at the Raiders that its going to be his first choice given the options on the platter. Blame the Eels for allowing him to have a get out clause.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
The board got them there no doubt, but im talking about Ricky.

If Ricky was a good coach he could do as Hasler and now Toovey have done at Manly and ignore the board to an extent and not let it effect the football side of things. Ricky was in charge of the football team, that was clear when he punted 12 blokes so he could of gone about his 3 year plan.

Hasler worked under a disfunctional board and was very succesful at it, only time it seemed to effect him was when the stupid board wouldnt extend his contract.

Yeah I see your point.

But from the outside looking in, the board out there seem to want to be very involved in the playing group and decisions around it.

How do we know old Sticky didn't try to tell them to f*ck off and let him run it but they continued to meddle so he said "enough is enough".

Seems reasonably logical to me.

Y2Eel

First Grade
I say again, he didnt walk out on a contract. He has exercised a clause in his contract put in there and agreed to by the Parramatta board... As per his contract he is free to leave when ever the hell he likes, for what ever reason he likes

If anyone should be deregistered, the parramatta board are probably the first cabs off the ranks. What kind moron puts a HC on a contract that he can walk from, free of charge when ever he chooses? The Raiders dont even have to pay compensation to get Stuart, he can legally walk, without any repercussions save for his reputation, which wasnt highly regarded to begin with.

That is honestly next level incompetence

The next level is the board that hired him next.....

Frailty

First Grade
Not completely unhappy because I felt we needed a hard nosed bastard disciplinarian to sort out the issues we have. That's Stuart and I think he'll do that job.

I wanted someone who's had a bit more success though. So I guess we'll see.

Yep great disciplinarian....

Greg Bird, Brett Seymour, Terence Seu Seu, Reni Maitua...

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
Yeah I see your point.

But from the outside looking in, the board out there seem to want to be very involved in the playing group and decisions around it.

How do we know old Sticky didn't try to tell them to f*ck off and let him run it but they continued to meddle so he said "enough is enough".

Seems reasonably logical to me.

We don't know I guess, but at the very least he had the backing of the Chairman(Sharp) or thats what Sharp had been saying anyway.

Ricky seemed to be trying to recruit the players he wanted and get of the ones he didnt want so but it could of been as you said, no way for us to know.

Bench
Probably blame the Eels management. He is activating a "leave when ever the hell i like" clause. What kind of dickhead management puts that sort of clause in a coaching contract?
The same idiots who signed him in the first place,I would hate my club to sign this over rated myth,Parra have dodged a further bullet,they are now some hope of getting better.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Feel sorry for Eels fans, they have to go through all the bullshit of trying to secure a decent coach again who can get them off the bottom of the ladder.

It's going to look even worse for them if Stuart has success with the Raiders and I beleive he is an upgrade on Furner, who was a clueless buffoon.

Now lets hope we can get one....

Is it possible that Sticky thought a heap of NSW players would go to the Eels if he went there, turning the club into a top 4 side, then when he realised that was not the case he got out of there before a few more wooden spoons rolled into the joint?

Silent Knight

First Grade
Birds flying high you know how I feel
Sun in the sky you know how I feel
Breeze driftin' on by you know how I feel

Pierced Soul

First Grade
When will my club start taking itself professionally again?

did it ever act professionally in the first place?

Plus the Manly club seem to have an excellent culture of keeping the boardroom rumblings well and truly isolated from the playing group.

and i have no idea how they've managed this, but i suspect the past two coaches have been strong enough to keep the players focused. manly is the exception to the rule in this regard.

on the one hand i dont blame stuart for leaving parra, but he was the one who went there knowing what problems were in place, he's the one who cleared out a bunch of players. so he really has no excuse other than "it's too hard" or "canberra's offered me more money".

he's always been overated as a club coach, i'm not sure how he still manages to con so many people in positions of power into believing otherwise

The Eagle

Juniors
did it ever act professionally in the first place?

and i have no idea how they've managed this, but i suspect the past two coaches have been strong enough to keep the players focused. manly is the exception to the rule in this regard.

on the one hand i dont blame stuart for leaving parra, but he was the one who went there knowing what problems were in place, he's the one who cleared out a bunch of players. so he really has no excuse other than "it's too hard" or "canberra's offered me more money".

he's always been overated as a club coach, i'm not sure how he still manages to con so many people in positions of power into believing otherwise

He's won a premiership in the last 15 years,Tim Sheens is the same how he coaches anything let alone australia i'll never know as he is out of date with all of his thoughts etc,his time has passed

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
$850k is alot of money. I wonder what hes on at the raiders? Thats Wayne Bennet/Craig Bellamy money. Its daylight robbery if hes on that kind of dough.

Chook

First Grade
I'll go against the grain and say Sticky may surprise many.

I don't think he ever felt comfortable at parra given he inserted a get out clause in his contract regarding the board. That and the fact their equipment is as old as Sticky, with slightly less rust.

The Raiders are crying out for someone who can instill a bit of steel in their side and fear into their players. Stick can do that.

Chook.