What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart to Canberra - Done Deal.

dogslife

Coach
2013 - Eels - Last
2010 - Sharks - 14th
2009 - Sharks - 15th
2008 - Sharks - 3rd
2007 - Sharks - 11th
2006 - Roosters - 14th
2005 - Roosters - 9th
The Sharks were last when he left in 2009. Flanno pulled them up to 15th, champion that he is.

Frailty

First Grade
In the case of parramatta, that roster definitely had to get worse before it could get better. They will be a much better side next year thanks to Stuart.

As another poster has said, they will be better because he is not their.

I don't know how you can say they will be thanks to Stuart - his key signing is Corey Norman who bronco fans are happy to see leave (remember Hopoate signed when Kearney was at Parra)...

... Wait, you're a Canberra supporter, no wonder you're being positive. Good luck mate.

oldmancraigy

Coach
In the case of parramatta, that roster definitely had to get worse before it could get better. They will be a much better side next year thanks to Stuart.

I do agree that the roster had to be shaken up. The real bonus for the Eels is that Ricky shook it all up and then left before he could do any lasting damage.

Raider_69

Post Whore
As another poster has said, they will be better because he is not their.

I don't know how you can say they will be thanks to Stuart - his key signing is Corey Norman who bronco fans are happy to see leave (remember Hopoate signed when Kearney was at Parra)...

... Wait, you're a Canberra supporter, no wonder you're being positive. Good luck mate.

I have two options:

a) piss and moan like a scorned teenager and death ride the guy
b) wipe the slate clean and give him a chance to prove himself

He's a lowlife gutless germ, as usual nothing was Ricky's fault. Even had his best bud Kent pushing the daughter angle. I mean how low can you go???? I tried to like the guy and give him a chance, but he really just showed his true colours and what sort of person he is. Feel sorry for Canberra fans that they have to cheer for a team with an absolute shit human being as their coach, even worse he can't coach to save himself.

ROFLfield was stroking Sticky's nuts on Fox News this morning as well.

Saying that Parra's board was partly to blame for him leaving. Like the board hasn't been a balls up for the last 5 years and Ricky didn't know this going in?

In the end, Parra is much better off without him. He sucks as a coach.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Sincerely,
Brad Fittler

You can't seriously be excited about your club hiring Stuart?

No, my choice would have been Tony Smith.
But i also dont think he's getting a fair run here. He is being pounded for his efforts at a club that some weeks could barely make payroll and was dodging the "re-location" train on a yearly basis, and now with a roster he literally had to break down because it was devoid of genuine NRL talent, it was funny. I mean if there was more than 7 genuine NRL level footballers on that Eels side this year, id like to see them named. Worst roster i have EVER laid eyes on. He had to cut the deadwood and go through the shit before improving them, they would never have had success with that roster. As it turns out he wont be around to try and fix the job

I dont really care what happened at the sharks or eels, the troubles at those clubs during his time go far beyond the coach.

I am concerned about his time post Fitler at the roosters, but as rightly pointed out, that was a long time ago and he has hopefully grown as a coach since then.

As said, i have two options

a) piss and moan like a scorned teenager and death ride the guy (who happens to be now coaching the club i love)

Im sure you'll forgive me for erring on the side of what he could bring to this club and NOT being a f**king androtrop and crying like a bitch about this.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
Yeah give him a chance to prove himself like the Parra fans did.

I feel for Canberra, they are a good club who develops plenty of talent, I hope stick can find some form, but i doubt it.

Frailty

First Grade
But i also dont think he's getting a fair run here. He is being pounded for his efforts at a club that some weeks could barely make payroll and was dodging the "re-location" train on a yearly basis, and now with a roster he literally had to break down because it was devoid of genuine NRL talent, it was funny.

I dont really care what happened at the sharks or eels, the troubles at those clubs during his time go far beyond the coach.

I am concerned about his time post Fitler at the roosters, but as rightly pointed out, that was a long time ago and he has hopefully grown as a coach since then.

a) piss and moan like a scorned teenager and death ride the guy (who happens to be now coaching the club i love)

Im sure you'll forgive me for erring on the side of what he could bring to this club and NOT being a f**king androtrop and crying like a bitch about this.

Funny that the Sharks closest came to collapse in 2011 when Flanagan took over and the club improved. Not to mention in 2012 we were operating on a shoe string budget, and he got us into the finals.

There always seems to be an excuse for Ricky. It's always something else. After round 4, the Eels were 2 and 2 to start the season but had just lost by a big margin. His post-match conference he said 'fans and players should get used to this, because there will be more throughout the year'. They didn't have a bad start, but how will that motivate your team? The fact is that the team performed worse than when Kearney was in charge. The funny thing is - he used the same excuses at Cronulla... We didn't have the resources, we don't have the playing talent, etc.

I understand you have limited options. But there is a third one - accept that you club has made a poor decision. It doesn't mean pissing and moaning, or even death riding. But sure as hell doesn't involve trying to sugar coat and make more excuses for this coach that is being paid absurd amounts of money for poor performance after poor performance.

ucantseeme

Juniors
I reckon if Matthew Elliott was available he would be coaching Canberra in 2014. Everyone loves him for some reason. The Canberra board probably enquired if the Warriors would release him from his contract and when they wouldn't, offered Ricky a contract.

That being said, if anyone can bring off field discipline to Canberra Ricky should be the man. I can't imagine nice guy David Furner ever raising his voice to a player.

gronkathon

First Grade
Prediction will be initial success in the first 10 rounds. Then his intense style will cripple the younger players emotionally and they will slide

El Diablo

Post Whore
But i also dont think he's getting a fair run here. He is being pounded for his efforts at a club that some weeks could barely make payroll and was dodging the "re-location" train on a yearly basis, and now with a roster he literally had to break down because it was devoid of genuine NRL talent, it was funny. I mean if there was more than 7 genuine NRL level footballers on that Eels side this year, id like to see them named. Worst roster i have EVER laid eyes on. He had to cut the deadwood and go through the shit before improving them, they would never have had success with that roster. As it turns out he wont be around to try and fix the job

hmmm

what i and some others might argue, is if you want to significantly improve your on field performance, Ricky Stuart is a very risky appointment

If furner is to be replaced, id like to set the bar a little higher than a bloke who's left his previous two clubs in ruins.

make that three clubs now

his club coaching record is pretty ordinary outside of his first 2 years with he roosters

frankly i think the raiders dodged a bullet. Be interesting to see how he goes about turning it around at parra, he's got his work cut out for him thats for sure

they've got the bullet now

Last edited:

parraeels2010

Juniors
U can put your house on the raiders getting the spoon in 2014.Ricky already has it packed in his car.

It's already hard for the raiders to sign star players,with Ricky there it will be impossible.players don't wanna play for him the only players he'll be able to attract to the raiders are Reserve graders that he pays massive overs for.

Papali will be the 1st player out the door when Ricky gets there.
Hayne and Stuart had a falling out about the way Stuart sacked the 12 players.I'd much rather lose Stuart than hayne. The players just weren't turning up for Stuart hoping he'd get sacked

mongoose

Coach
U can put your house on the raiders getting the spoon in 2014.Ricky already has it packed in his car.

It's already hard for the raiders to sign star players,with Ricky there it will be impossible.players don't wanna play for him the only players he'll be able to attract to the raiders are Reserve graders that he pays massive overs for.

Papali will be the 1st player out the door when Ricky gets there.
Hayne and Stuart had a falling out about the way Stuart sacked the 12 players.I'd much rather lose Stuart than hayne. The players just weren't turning up for Stuart hoping he'd get sacked

Papali, Milford, Lee and Wighton >> Eels for 2014, you heard it here first.

BadSport

Juniors
It is hard to blame him for leaving. The board was split and they were going to spear him anyway at some point. Absolute nightmare club and I doubt Neil Henry will go near the Eels.

But Canberra signing him is another matter. Probably the last gasp of the good old boys club under McIntyre. Couldn't run a f**king chook raffle that bloke.

The Enforcer

Juniors
It is hard to blame him for leaving. The board was split and they were going to spear him anyway at some point. Absolute nightmare club and I doubt Neil Henry will go near the Eels.

But Canberra signing him is another matter. Probably the last gasp of the good old boys club under McIntyre. Couldn't run a f**king chook raffle that bloke.
McIntyre won't be there next year.

Latest posts