What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart to Canberra - Done Deal.

reanimate

Bench
Parra needs a good Brian Smith-ing. Get him back in on a short 2 year contract, get him to clean up the rot and get them on the right track, then move him on before the players start hating him.

Raider_69

Post Whore
bullshit.

They are proffessionals that were still expected to play for Ricky and the club after being told, atleast take the time to tell them one on one. Bad news is still bad news but pulling them up in front of the whole playing group is a joke.

I dont see it as a big deal. You do.
Could he have handled it a bit better? Sure but i dont think it matters any great deal in the long run.

betcats

Referee
I dont see it as a big deal. You do.
Could he have handled it a bit better? Sure but i dont think it matters any great deal in the long run.

It shows he is a clueless prick when it comes to managing his players. I reckon a few of the players he was keeping weren't happy about seeing teammates punted in that manor.

God-King Dean

Immortal
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricky_Stuart#Sydney_Roosters

Parramatta Eels[edit source | editbeta]

Stuart signed a lucrative three-year contract with the Parramatta Eels, beginning in 2013. This meant that Stuart had to stand down as the head coach of the New South Wales State of Origin team, as the state had put in a policy that the head coach would not have any relation to an NRL club. The Eels had in recent years been perennial underachievers, with Stuart set the unenviable task of resurrecting the team after the team finished last in 2012. However, in the round 4 match against the Roosters, Stuart suffered the worst defeat in his NRL coaching career, losing 50-0.[9]
In April 2013 Stuart was fined $10,000 for questioning a referee's impartiality following a loss to the Gold Coast.[10]
On September the 11th 2013 Stuart announced that he was quitting the Parramatta Eels to join the Canberra Raiders as head coach on a three year contract covering the 2014 - 2016 seasons.[11]
The man is a selfish asshole.

lololol

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

Yep. It was easy :roll:

Step 1: Write absolute laughable bullshit and be taken to task on its stupidity for the umpteenth time.
Step 2: Try to win other posters favour and fail miserably.
Step 3: Get exposed as an utter f**kwit for the nth time.
Step 4: Post 'too easy'.

You've got this thing down pat. :lol:

IanG

Coach
Don't blame him one bit to be honest. Parramatta are a toxic and dysfunctional club.

It was a poison chalice.

voltron

Juniors
i agree that those players needed to go.
who wants to pick up those players? no one
only one has been signed and reni is about to be
the other 10? nothing, they dont even have the heart to play well for a new contract

so the line, he cut 12 players and left, and thats why he's a dog is stupid
those 12 players suck, its not that they sucked, they still suck
the dog part of this is that ricky said he'd stick it out and he isnt

but honestly he would just get shafted next year by the board which wants to get rid of him. (is it one third? or two thirds?)
and seriously who NRL coach would stand for the things they were talking about
bringing in brian smith to be coaching director or over whatever (and this is the part of the board which 'supports' him)
wth has brian smith ever won?

all this stuff is just insulting to anyone who isnt a first time coach.

typicalfan

Coach
It shows he is a clueless prick when it comes to managing his players. I reckon a few of the players he was keeping weren't happy about seeing teammates punted in that manor.

The way it panned out justified his decision. Those guys had their careers to play for and still didnt perform. He put all out on the table and only had to do it because SK didnt.

Raider Azz

Bench
I can see Raider fans rocking back & forth in their seats, one arm wrapped tight around their torso, their other arm scratching their head vigorously til their scalps bleed, saying "He might be good! He might be good!"
:lol: What's that saying about stones and glass houses? Your club employs the services of the dopiest coach in the league you nincompoop

Raider_69

Post Whore
Latest reports say this has changed the Milford landscape considerably. If this appointment helps us keep Milford then its worth it just for that

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
Stuart is a dud coach. Look at the coaches to have come from super coach shines' stable:
1. Stuart - dud
2. Furner - Sacked for 1 - dud
3. Big mal - sacked and currently coaching a team my grandmother could coach to 2-1 victories over teams with Mitchell Pearce, soward, moloney as halves in the last few seasons
4. Kev Walters - currently Melbourne storm's resident govt subsidised genius (see Kearney, S) before he thinks he can coach first grade
5. Bellamy just gives rise to the fact even a broken clock is right twice a day and not even the shines influence could f**k up ALL coaches he influenced

mongoose

Coach
Stuart is a dud coach. Look at the coaches to have come from super coach shines' stable:
1. Stuart - dud
2. Furner - Sacked for 1 - dud
3. Big mal - sacked and currently coaching a team my grandmother could coach to 2-1 victories over teams with Mitchell Pearce, soward, moloney as halves in the last few seasons
4. Kev Walters - currently Melbourne storm's resident govt subsidised genius (see Kearney, S) before he thinks he can coach first grade
5. Bellamy just gives rise to the fact even a broken clock is right twice a day and not even the shines influence could f**k up ALL coaches he influenced

you forgot Maguire, who is no dud.