What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart to Canberra - Done Deal.

Loudstrat

Coach
If you can prove we were over the cap in 1989, 1991 and 1994 I'd love to see it.

We exceeded the cap in 1990 due to under-estimating how many players would be picked for representative teams - hardly systematic cheating, especially since the salary cap was new at the time (1990 was its first year).
Conveniently ignores the free extension to Mal's house......

No. Our old board forced him out to give Brett Finch more money.
Sounds like being sacked to me.

Unfortunately the Eels recognising what has to be done is akin to your own incompetence in a forum, 'insight' to you is a torch up someone's arse
How is it Parra's fault if Judas f*cks off on a list of bullsh*t excuses?

Well the eels almost had folau. The nrl made sure he didn't come across.

a lot has happened to cause this club to suck.
Exactly. If we get Folau, a hell of a lot changes. That aint our fault. Its the f*cking NRL's.

Lambretta

First Grade
One thing I don't get... people are criticising Stuart for the fact that 10 of the 12 players he told weren't wanted are yet to find another club.

If anything, doesn't that fact vindicate his decision?

Yes, players being rubbish is exactly the sort of vindication Ricky needed to walk out on Parramatta.

Lambretta

First Grade
Sticky will be bringing Peats with him

Does Peats have a get out clause in his contract?

If so, the only questions remaining for Peats are 1) do I want to be part of the problem rather than the solution and 2) do I really want to live in Canberra

If the answers are yes, then Peats can follow the tiny pricked toad all the way to Canberra

BadSport

Juniors
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rug...ord-yet-another-quick-fix-20130914-2trkm.html

Gus's take on Sticky. Damning. Finally says what everyone else can see, that for some bizarre reason he simply cannot recruit in a sensible manner.

I'm surprised Gus implies that he should have stayed on. The place is so unstable, there is every likelihood he would have been speared after another board change.

I don't want to defend Stuart - but Gus is demonstrating his usual hypocrisy. If he was in that position he would've been out of there in a flash, blaming everyone else except himself.

The General

Juniors
Smart move by Ricky. He knows he isn't that good of a coach so when Canberra bomb in the next two seasons he can blame it on "rebuilding" and the team not being his. Rinse and repeat with somebody like the Tigers/Dragons in the future.

Good way to stay relevant as a coach without actually winning anything.

Last edited:

natheel

Coach
I backed him through his tenure at eels and hoped he would help us and he did in a way with culling the right players for a change but the way he has left has left a sour taste in my mouth and I'm sure the players mouths too. Can't see too many players wanting to jump ship to follow him.
Our CEO has said Hayne isn't going anywhere neither are our signings.

Ricky has already started the culling at raiders by telling Joe picker he's not needed

The only persons in the media that has called it like it is was Rebecca Wilson and Josh Massoud.Everyone is tip toeing around around this germ.He should be hammered from pillar to post.

Last edited:

thorson1987

Coach
580314_583626925035583_1225291962_n.jpg

natheel

Coach

Avenger

Immortal
Just shows what a vile human being he is. I rarely use the word but my dislike has turned to sheer hatred.