What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rising Rabbitohs star Kirisome Auva'a in court after bashing a woman after a wedding

Big Mick

Referee
How far do we go back, It's a completely different administration, judge them on decisions they actually made or didn't make.

I'm more making the point that where was the outrage then from the media?

It was a blip on the radar with a BS excuse of "I was protecting her from herself".

I think all these incidents are deplorable...but there needs to be consistency in outrage for them. Not just when it is convenient as is the case for Rothfield for instance.

Lambretta

First Grade
So he was "too busy" this year to take the behavioral course & now he's been telling lies in court about how he has reformed himself into a new man.

Sounds like there's a lot of regret there. :sarcasm:

Initially I was in favour of giving him a chance to redeem himself, but it seems the message of the seriousness of the issue hasn't sunk in.

Maybe twelve months on the sideline will give him pause to reflect on the serious nature of what he has done. It will give him plenty of time to complete the behavioural course

carcharias

Immortal
Bird- denial - stood down - sacked - not guilty
Latu- plead guilty-stood down - sacked - guilty
Carney - sacked - deregistered for pretending to wee into own mouth - guilty

This merkin - plead guilty to bashing a defenceless woman half his size -allowed to play in a winning grand final team.

insert.pause

First Grade
I'm more making the point that where was the outrage then from the media?

It was a blip on the radar with a BS excuse of "I was protecting her from herself".

I think all these incidents are deplorable...but there needs to be consistency in outrage for them. Not just when it is convenient as is the case for Rothfield for instance.

Agreed.

insert.pause

First Grade
So he was "too busy" this year to take the behavioral course & now he's been telling lies in court about how he has reformed himself into a new man.

Sounds like there's a lot of regret there. :sarcasm:

If that is the case, and it is a big if considering who reported it, I find it strange that he hasn't complied with the magistrates instructions and yet his sentence suggests that he did. Probably another reason why it's ideal to wait until the court proceedings are concluded before coming up with a penalty. The NRL will now be able to determine whether or not he has followed the magistrates instructions adequately and form an appropriate penalty based on every detail of the case.

insert.pause

First Grade
There is a difference, Nick Weeks said today that the NRL only gained access to the details of Auvv'a's case once sentencing was concluded, how can they come up with an appropriate penalty without knowing exactly what the circumstances of the crime was, pleading guilty is one thing, but the NRL wouldn't have known exactly what he had pleaded guilty to until this week, whereas drink driving has an exact reading of how over the limit a player is, hence the NRL using its discretion under the code of conduct to penalise tamou before his court appearance. You can't treat every player under criminal proceeding equally when they all range in various complexity.

The NRL Integrity Unit spoke with South Sydney officials on Tuesday, but Smith said it may take days to decide Auva'a's fate.

"We are trying to gather all the information so we can make a considered decision," Smith said.

"We are very clear on what the findings of the court and judge were but the detail beneath that is quite important to the deliberation.

"And we are still waiting on some information from the Victorian courts.

"Hopefully we will have that in the next day or two."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-11-...ble-standards-in-gallen-and-auva27a-c/5884366

Last edited:

kbw

Bench
"too busy to complete courses "
lied about trying to become a white ribbon ambassador

This guy is a moron that doesn't give a toss. Punt the dick for at least 12 months.

Kiwi

First Grade
I wonder if the courts will want to have a word with him over telling porkies in court to a judge.

firechild

First Grade
i heard about avaa MONTHS ago, im sure there are articles from early in the year.

its just that no one cared. in fact heres one from MAY. http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...ing-in-melbourne/story-fni0fee2-1226934747767

its simply that you can't condemn someone until the court reaches its verdict. same with benji marshall when he was accused of assault on some bloke and it was clearly found to be made up.

now he's gone through that process and faces penalties from the NRL. but this measly 2k fine is pretty pathetic i must admit....

Really? Brett Stewart's case is a perfect example of this being demonstrably untrue.

SharkShocked

Bench
Sarcasm.

Evident in both Bird + Stewarts case that they were banned because of pending court action.

Yet Auva'a's case has been handled differently.

Not entirely surprising though, different statures in the game. And as much as you bleat on that every act of domestic violence should all be dealt with on the same playing field, they won't be.

Latest posts